IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

Guest mrguy

Well it did have the bonus ep7 track, and Cavity Job :p

But if you're already a big enough AE fan, it's quite pointless, and the packaging underwhelming. It's good for me though, as I haven't been able to get much of this stuff.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are fucking insane. I'm glad this didn't come with anything extra. It's for people who are new to Ae's discography or who need to dip into a significant number of the EPs for the first time, and it's to keep the EPs in print. It's not for seasoned fanboys. If it came with something "extra" or unreleased material, then you'd all be saying fuck warp/bleep because you'd be getting pinched for some "rare" material; shelling out for repackaged goodies we already had just.

Dammit.

Anyway, I'm glad I could get a few lossless downloads from bleep to fill in a few gaps without having to purchase a package deal. There's really nothing to complain about.

It's not pretty enough? Jesus fucking fuck.

You guys are fucking insane. I'm glad this didn't come with anything extra. It's for people who are new to Ae's discography or who need to dip into a significant number of the EPs for the first time, and it's to keep the EPs in print. It's not for seasoned fanboys. If it came with something "extra" or unreleased material, then you'd all be saying fuck warp/bleep because you'd be getting pinched for some "rare" material; shelling out for repackaged goodies we already had just.

Dammit.

Anyway, I'm glad I could get a few lossless downloads from bleep to fill in a few gaps without having to purchase a package deal. There's really nothing to complain about.

what he said.

Guest sirch

Dammit.

You are fucking insane.

My local record shop has got this in already. Only the outer box on display, plain and totally uninspiring.

I take this back now that I've got it, I like the embossed text on the packaging and whatever you call the effect on the CDs themselves.

Warp (and Bleep) have changed quite a lot over the years. No more freebies with purchases (not even so much as a sticker anymore) being just one of the changes.

Not so, Warp sent me a sticker with my copy of Mind Bokeh (although why they'd want to promote a CD that they'd just delivered to me, I'm not sure). Not as good as HMV Japan though, they sent me a badge.

Are we sure the downloads that come with the CDs are not classed as 'free' by Bleep? Maybe someone who's bought the album from somewhere else can shed some light on this for me.

yes we are sure, since someone in the thread who cancelled their preorder was unable to get the full refund due to the fact that they had already received the downloads.

Warp (and Bleep) have changed quite a lot over the years. No more freebies with purchases (not even so much as a sticker anymore) being just one of the changes.

Not so, Warp sent me a sticker with my copy of Mind Bokeh (although why they'd want to promote a CD that they'd just delivered to me, I'm not sure). Not as good as HMV Japan though, they sent me a badge.

the last time i got a freebie from Bleep was when i bought 3 autechre tshirts, and i got a Warp pin badge and a quaristice autechre sticker.

i've made quite a few purchases since WarpMart got absorbed into being Bleep.com and those are the only freebies i've ever received. used to be the case that almost every order from WarpMart came with a freebie of some kind (CD, record, stickers, badges, etc)

i touched this in the record store today and couldn't really bring myself to buy it, seeing as i already own most of it. i was a little underwhelmed by the packaging too. it didn't seem quite as hefty or as nice as say, the Deathprod box set, which is sort of what i was visualizing. cool yet not that cool at the same time i guess.

do you guys really think a $35 to $50 (depending where you get it) box set is being put out for the Autechre newbies, in this day and age? i mean how many people do you know who will plunk down 40 bucks on a band they are not sure if they like yet? heck i barely know anyone else who buys CDs anymore period.

i would have either repressed these again in individual little eco-friendly (and i imagine cheap) cardsleeves—like the recent Beatles in mono individual releases, if you've seen them—maybe with two EPs per disc? or just put together something nice in a fully digital sense. big art DLs, maybe higher bitrates/remastering of some kind. i mean at least the artwork, for godsake. that used to be such a big part of the experience.

used to be the case that almost every order from WarpMart came with a freebie of some kind (CD, record, stickers, badges, etc)

Yeah, I do miss that osc. Best freebie I ever got off them (with a t-shirt, I think), was the 'This Is For You Shits' CD.

If they ever release physical copies of Quadrange shit, count me in. Just wanted to get that out there.

Wish this release did have something more noteworthy than just the EPs but I still bought it yesterday at my record shop for $27. Today you can't even pick up the original Garbage EP on cd or vinyl for $27 so it was worth it to me

i dunno who i was kidding with the claims that i wasn't going to buy this. of course i bought it.

anyway, this is undoubtedly jazz, but does anyone know a good way to rip the ep7 pregap track? i recall seeing a tutorial a while back but didn't pay attention and am failing to successfully google it for some reason. i dual-boot my iMac so i have access to both EAC as XLD, if that helps.

^^^ In eac there is (or was) an action to "copy tracks index-based" or something like it - I'm at my work computer so I can't see if and where it is.

thanks, that was a good enough hint to google with. cheers

working from this for any others who may be interested.

Guest theSun

packaging seems cheap to me. they could have done something sweeter.

i get the minimalist thing, and it looks nice. i just expect a little something more from ae

edit - especially as it contains the best eps in the UNIVERSES

To add insult to injury the set I paid full price for back in February, still hasn't arrived. What a shit experience. I'm gonna write to Warp (like that will do any good).

Guest illfly mandog

My room mate just picked this up. First time hearing Cavity Job!! I loved it! The minimalist packaging is just great. No distractions, just solid fucking music. The only downside to the whole thing for me was an ep or two where spread over multiple discs. :shrug:

27$$'s for this much? :ok:

Guest illfly mandog

The only ep that's split in 2 cd's is ep7, and it was released as two separate 12"s (ep7.1 and ep7.2 i think) so theres nothing wrong with it

Never heard AE on vinyl nor do i plan to. To me it fucked up the experience that i know.

The only ep that's split in 2 cd's is ep7, and it was released as two separate 12"s (ep7.1 and ep7.2 i think) so theres nothing wrong with it

Never heard AE on vinyl nor do i plan to. To me it fucked up the experience that i know.

didn't hear you complaining that Cavity Job and Accelera 1&2 have been edited

Guest illfly mandog

First time hearing Cavity Job!! I loved it!

didn't hear you complaining that Cavity Job and Accelera 1&2 have been edited

Those aren't the originals?! dang!!

Archived