IGNORED

What does the logo stand for?

Guest blsked

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy who designed it was interviewed about it; he just said that he had designed it and aphex liked it

Here: http://pictograms.blogspot.com/2007/11/logo-111-aphex-twin.html

This was posted here before I'm almost certain, this be an orignal concept from which Richard saw from Paul, where he liked the 'direction' he was heading.

post-4151-0-68384500-1298957161_thumb.gif

The guy who designed it was interviewed about it; he just said that he had designed it and aphex liked it

This was posted here before I'm almost certain, this be an orignal concept from which Richard saw from Paul, where he liked the 'direction' he was heading.

post-4151-0-68384500-1298957161_thumb.gif

looks pretty l33t!

• 2 years later...

I always saw an 'A', a subtle 'F' with the little nub on the middle stem, and an morphed incomplete 'X'. It's a brilliant logo. Who designed it?

Edit: whoops, didn't read the whole thread and it's already been answered.

ya isn't it an A made to look 'alieny', because aliens were cool in 1992?

ha! i seem to remember the artist designed it for another project and rdj wanted it. funny i remember shit like that but can't remember other stuff. :crazy:

Nope.

Dan Parkes also did the artwork for On and On Remixes, as well as the two Ventolin EPs.

A little piece of trivia about the logo: at the time I met Richard, I had being doing artwork for a San Francisco-based skatewear label called Anarachic Adjustment. Their 'thing' at the time had been the whole "alien" vibe (remember, we are talking 1991). So, I had been creating loads of designs based around the letter 'A' which got knocked back. Richard, having seen the work in progress, liked where I was going with the amorphic shape and from these I developed what is now the Aphex 'A.' The logo was finished early 1992, in time to appear on the "Xylem Tube" sleeve."

it's not an A and a T, it's just an A.

terratag6.jpg

Guest skibby

well you can tell aphex twin that its a fucking cool logo. i dont know if anyone has said that yet so i'll be the first. "fucking cool"™

Archived