IGNORED

Ford & Lopatin (Games) - Channel Pressure

joew

hmmm, perhaps this will grow on me. Not liking much of it so far. I was hoping for more 'strawberry skies'/'everything is working' style tracks - not enough nostalgic elements to the music I'm afraid - of course this is all subjetive and one should not necessarily set expectations anyway. Just seems to me that the album is missing something.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the album today, it fucking rules. Nice to have a great album that doesn't take itself so seriously. Comes with a poster and bumper sticker too which is cool.

Seeing them tomorrow in Brooklyn with Jacques Greene and Autre Ne Veut, excited!

I enjoy this album. It sounds like Max Tundra fucking a Sega Genesis.

I mean, Max Tundra fucking a Sega Genesis moreso than he usually is.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Seeing them tomorrow in Brooklyn with Jacques Greene and Autre Ne Veut, excited!

What a great show that will be. Great lineup.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

haven't heard the album yet but their factmag mix has rocked my worldview this week. so many solid tracks i hadn't heard before.

Tracklist:

1. Scritti Politti – World Come Back to Life

2. Angela Bofill – Love Me For Today

3. Total Contrast – Takes a Little Time

4. Stanley Clarke – Are You Ready For the Future

5. Todd Terje – Ragysh

6. Tiger & Woods – Gin Nation

7. Krystol – After the Dance (12″ Mix)

8. Carly Simon – Why (Extended 12″ version)

http://www.factmag.com/2011/05/20/fact-mix-249-ford-lopatin/

I loved the Games EP, but something just doesn't click with this new album for me. Like Bread mentioned, it's definitely missing something, though i'm not entirely sure what that is yet.

I'm torn on this one - I loved the 7" and 12" that preceeded it, but there's a couple of bits that just land the wrong side of my 'cheese' threshold on the album, 'Too much MIDI' and 'The Voices' are great though.

I think it's one of those albums you've definitely got to be in the right mood to listen to...

haven't heard the album yet but their factmag mix has rocked my worldview this week. so many solid tracks i hadn't heard before.

Tracklist:

5. Todd Terje – Ragysh

Yeah this is probably my favorite Fact mix to date. That Carly Simon track is a monster (never thought I'd say that)

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Tracklist:

5. Todd Terje – Ragysh

Yeah this is probably my favorite Fact mix to date. That Carly Simon track is a monster (never thought I'd say that)

so so true.

so on first listen this album was pretty good. reminded me of edmx in some places, perhaps the vocals or the 80ness of it all. shall listen again

• 8 months later...

I loved the Games EP, but something just doesn't click with this new album for me. Like Bread mentioned, it's definitely missing something, though i'm not entirely sure what that is yet.

Agreed. Haven't found one i've enjoyed yet tbh, but loved the games ep and mixtapes..

Did find this track nice though, not sure what album it's from..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xx-JGp7J0c

Joey,

Joey Rogers

Needs another system II

Joey's in the driveway

Father doesn't have a clue

Sitting by the window

Sitting waiting for his cue

Joey

Joey Rogers

Your purpose is true

love this song and album :wub:

Agreed. Haven't found one i've enjoyed yet tbh, but loved the games ep and mixtapes..

this is from the album.

this is from the album.

Not just me bemused by that statement then :biggrin:

yeah. me too. i often listen to it and sing along. everything is perfect on this album. reminds me a lot of ariel pinks haunted graffitie actually. anyway thanks for the bump. now i got the two older eps...

i think part of the reason Games doesn't work for me, is it veers too closely to overly produced sacchrine modern 80s retro throwback music. I liked these type of experiments better in their rawer more playful state like eccojams.

i think part of the reason Games doesn't work for me, is it veers too closely to overly produced sacchrine modern 80s retro throwback music.

Hopefully I'm not sounding contrary but I think that was exactly the point of the Games moniker, and for me part of the appeal (embracing the overblown extravagances of mid-late 80s culture). This certainly seems to be reflected in the videos anyway :

i think part of the reason Games doesn't work for me, is it veers too closely to overly produced sacchrine modern 80s retro throwback music.

Hopefully I'm not sounding contrary but I think that was exactly the point of the Games moniker, and for me part of the appeal (embracing the overblown extravagances of mid-late 80s culture). This certainly seems to be reflected in the videos anyway :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scYXIvAr7w

yeah the irony is lost on me, but i think i 'get' it

Archived