IGNORED

Burial - Street Halo

Guest Archrival

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

burial doesn't make dubstep; burial makes burial music - you might as well criticise brian eno for using pads or delay,

Not really following this... what does Brian Eno using pads or delay have to do with Burial?

I think he's saying that you can't fault burial for being burial just like eno is eno. If you don't enjoy it then don't listen to it.

Two days since I ordered the wav files on the Hyperdub website, but I still haven't received my files!

Utterly frustrating!

In an email yesterday a Hyperdub person told me to "go to the site, click 'My Accounts' in the top right". But I can see no "My Accounts" link on their site, no matter what browser I use.

Can anyone who ordered these files successfully please let me know how you proceded? Or help me out in any other way?

I just clicked buy, it made me register then payed via paypal then up popped the download link! Might be worth getting them to refund you and then trying again??

btw that was for mp3s but assuming its the same for wavs?

burial doesn't make dubstep; burial makes burial music - you might as well criticise brian eno for using pads or delay,

Not really following this... what does Brian Eno using pads or delay have to do with Burial?

I think he's saying that you can't fault burial for being burial just like eno is eno. If you don't enjoy it then don't listen to it.

precisely. 2-step garage beats, woodblocks, and pitch-shifted rnb samples is the musical palette he works with.

and he does amazing shit with it.

Guest cult fiction

except Eno has a vast palette of diversity of work, Burial, at least so far is a 1 trick pony for better or worse

Yeah no doubt... my fiance loves Eno's solo rock work to pieces but has 0 interest in his ambient or later vocal-less works. Why? Because they are hugely different. Even on any given album Eno displays 100x more variety than Burial has from the start to today.

never before have i seen an artist actually applauded for churning out the exact same idea countless times.

the production on the tune is beautiful, and its form is interesting, but guy needs some new ideas.

my cousins husband taught at the school where burial and fourtet went and she had her 40th birthday there last summer. it was a total shithole.

yes burial, you are a very bright star

my cousins husband taught at the school where burial and fourtet went and she had her 40th birthday there last summer. it was a total shithole.

yes burial, you are a very bright star

don't forget yer man from hot chip, he went there too

oh yeah - him - i know

incedentley

the strings in street halo reminded me a lot of the ones in this old acid track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04idcZlDyfU

they start around 3.10 if you wanna skip thru the awesome 303 lines (dunno why you would want to do that:-p)

i know burial said that a lot of his influences came from old rave tunes - this was a massive track back in 93 so it would be interesting if there is a connection there

never before have i seen an artist actually applauded for churning out the exact same idea countless times.

the production on the tune is beautiful, and its form is interesting, but guy needs some new ideas.

No he doesn't.

I've heard that complaint before, Burial always making the same sounding music, especially when the Breakage - Vial (Burial Remix) came out. I feel the opposite and love his sound and if he took a hard left turn and started making electro or idm I'd probably not enjoy it. I kinda want to know I can put on Burial and get some "comforting music" as its sorta a gaping hole in my musical library in terms of mood.

That being said, most artists stick to the same sound every time. Maybe none of this forum tho ... besides Autechre.

I've heard that complaint before, Burial always making the same sounding music, especially when the Breakage - Vial (Burial Remix) came out. I feel the opposite and love his sound and if he took a hard left turn and started making electro or idm I'd probably not enjoy it. I kinda want to know I can put on Burial and get some "comforting music" as its sorta a gaping hole in my musical library in terms of mood.

That being said, most artists stick to the same sound every time. Maybe none of this forum tho ... besides Autechre.

there are a few anomalies... namely unite (only track done with a proper DAW if you believe the stories) and fostercare (which is just... different. the emptiness of this track makes me fucking cum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAbMfg9_Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXEPPpLMONk

both of em are up there in my favourite burial tracks without a doubt

I kinda want to know I can put on Burial and get some "comforting music" as its sorta a gaping hole in my musical library in terms of mood.

Aye Burial is all about mood & feeling, can understand people saying he always does the same thing but the feeling you get from a burial tune is so unique and gorgeous and as longs as he keeps hitting me in my soul like he does i will always love burial!

Not sure what this all about tho! you saying autechre stick to the same sound!? you crazy or have I just misunderstood what you meant!?

Because I like/make electronic music?

Oh Im sorry. There must be some cryptic electronic music message behind all those post about how much you like being a straight edge hipster.

Because I like/make electronic music?

Oh Im sorry. There must be some cryptic electronic music message behind all those post about how much you like being a straight edge hipster.

So just because I don't like Brian Eno, and I'm what you call a hipster I can't like electronic music?

Guest Archrival

Stolen Dog is on another level compared to the other tracks on the ep |speaking the truth wise|

Archived