IGNORED

another hipster thread

data

these hipsters here wants you to donate $25k for them to go on a countrywide road trip building "forts" (throwing blankets over a couple of chairs in your livingroom).

nevermind about japan, because unlike homeless tsunami victims, forts will inspire you to "listen, interact, engage, give, explore, teach, create, share, grow, ask, act and empower".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj6He-3G4Yg

for example, donate $2000 and this happens:

WE COME TO YOUR HOMETOWN AND BUILD A FORT TOGETHER WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! AND we'll put on a PRIVATE HOME SCREENING of "A Film About A Fort" Directed by Bryan Bangerter and Wes Bruce, in your fort or living room.

link

I want to give these people all my money and belongings.

edit: oh wait

Funding Canceled

Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on March 28.

Guest Gary C

Seems they cancelled the plan (or atleast the terrifying target) after only one day of abusive comments. Hopefully they've thought better.

I built a fort in honour of this video.

Later, Im going to invite my friends over to get pissed in my fort.

I want to shape and be shaped by the amount of ass Im going to talk when I'm pissed.

Guest Pennywise

why don't you build a fort?

because i'm 23, grow up and get a fucking job.

also i build my forts on minecraft...

Great to see that hipsters are contributing to society as usual.

The thing that is funny is that I like making forts and totally attempted doing stuff like this before the collective lack of carpentry skills and good time management that TIFF currently has kind of stopped the project after 2 shacks. (see here)

The only difference is that we weren't asking for funding other than the 50¢ membership fee.

when I was in high school, some friends and I gutted an old shack and plastered/painted the walls and plopped it on one of our friends farm land (with the help of some rednecks with big trucks). that shit was awesome. forts can get a bit more progressive than pillows.

that said, making a blanket fort and sitting inside doing drugs / getting laid / eating pizza is awesome. i just wouldn't pay anyone to make one for me, that's beyond lame.

Guest Gary C

When I was around 12, a group of friends and I would cycle about 15 minutes out of our little village along a country road to what we imagined was a bunker. It was most likely a disused storage hut for a farmer, but as it was only accessible via the roof/hole in man-made hill it was pretty exciting.

I think we had plans of staying in it over night, but that was clearly a stupid idea and none of us ever bothered.

When I was at school we built a fort in a nearby park in the woods where you could see out but not in. We would spend whole days and nights hooting away and getting pissed. Maybe we should have asked for donations, wore fucking stupid clothes, rolled down hills and made a fucking stupid sign that no fucker would give a shit about.

I can't click! I mean I have hipster friends and I've been considered one on here since I occasionally wear a scarf, but I can't fathom to watch that!

I've never actually met a "hipster", but I never imagined them to be this bad. Video reminded me of an old Patton Oswalt bit about hippies and how they're going to change the world with finger paintings, lol.

Guest hahathhat

so, those of you living in snowy climates,

have you ever built an igloo? and taken the bong into it?

I can't click! I mean I have hipster friends and I've been considered one on here since I occasionally wear a scarf, but I can't fathom to watch that!

come on man, you clearly wear a scarf cause it's cold in southern california.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

blanket fort collapse should be all over this.

Already pulled a judge jury and execution on their pathetic operation, they gave the blanket fort community a bad name, I killed their family. Fucking hipsters.

Archived