IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

How about a cycle where each regular posts some NSFW material accompanied with his latest drugs experiences. After a while, when warnings are dropped, the cycle can restart. That way we can AND post NSFW content, AND see master J getting his nickers in a knot.

Double fun!

+props for aza for his post

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LTM is pretty dead most of the time. We have GenBan for banter and stuff, music discussion for that, etc. Just read what chaos said, it's more of a forum style PM system catering to off the record life gripes or whatever. Other than that, it's mostly tumbleweeds.

If you find that this or that poster isn't present about the place anymore. That's usually cause they are too busy with this whole life in real thing. Note how many of the older members have been proud fathers recently, for example.

Guest disparaissant

LTM is pretty dead most of the time. We have GenBan for banter and stuff, music discussion for that, etc. Just read what chaos said, it's more of a forum style PM system catering to off the record life gripes or whatever. Other than that, it's mostly tumbleweeds.

If you find that this or that poster isn't present about the place anymore. That's usually cause they are too busy with this whole life in real thing. Note how many of the older members have been proud fathers recently, for example.

So why not just close it down and just actually use PMs? It's pretty clearly a divisive issue, and if it's not even the awesome clubhouse that some people seem to think it is, what's the point of it?

I think you're missing the point. Plus as has been stated, if we closed it down, pplz would still say it was there. Personally i like my old cunts table in the pub that the landlord stops the young gits from coming round and spilling beer all over and sticking gum underneath.

hahah. ahh, now we'll never get off this topic.

[being controversial again]

Guest mafted

$50 a month for hosting a message board? i know inflation and the value of our fed. reserve note is shit but, damn.

So why not just close it down and just actually use PMs? It's pretty clearly a divisive issue, and if it's not even the awesome clubhouse that some people seem to think it is, what's the point of it?

cos this kind of crap does not happen.

cos this kind of crap does not happen.

i mean a that was a troll and b that does not happen with pms or mass pms or whatever? i dunno. or care. it just seems silly.

a. like i said that sort of bullshit does not happen.

b. actual pm or mass pm system would be even more silly.

c. you don't care.

Plus as has been stated, if we closed it down, pplz would still say it was there.

this is a silly excuse, there will be many ways to prove its closure should it come to that.

so... no one here ever goes to a party and go outside for a breather every once in a while. that's basically what LTM is.

AM I LTM? Yes!

Am I Proud of it? Yes!

Does it change my mind about the rest of the good people that are not LTM? No.

Luke and Karma are 2 of my favorite new wave of watmmers. They have their opinions about LTM and I respect that.

I do post more personal stuff there. I wouldn't post about my latest bout with depression that I'm now over in Gen Ban because I don't want to share that info with people who don't care.

In reality, I go through a lot of mood swings and the way I act online is the way I act for real... If you guys would ever meet me, I do actually say "Word" and "Yo" and "ON THE STRENGPH G!" quite a bit. So to me, words on a screen have as much affect as someone standing in front of me. I guess what I'm saying is that when I'm in a silly mood or want to join in on some fun, I post in Gen Ban. When I want to talk music or share the latest news on my label, I post in the music threads. When I'm in a more serious need to get something off my chest mood, I post in LTM.

Sure, watmm is for likeminded people. LTM is just more likeminded? All pigs are equal, but some are more equal. Enjoy your personal "invite-only" space outside of the party. What kind of party is that? It's a poor analogy. Or perhaps not poor. Prolly spot on. But the effect will be opposed to what was intended.

Just quit the whole discussion about LTM. The fact it exists is sad enough on its own. The excuses from the LTM members come across poorly. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. I see the LTM more like an extended edition of the secret thread. Only this one got out of hand and perhaps collapsed under its own success.

To all non-ltm members: don't be fooled by principles of scarcity - the fact that not everybody is invited to have a breather outside - doesn't make it awesome. Create your own breather thread, like all the other pigs. Which can be joined by all the other pigs.

Kids...

edit: or create a serious business subforum, for all your serious stuff

That way other forums can have as much nsfw content as they want. whehey 2 flies in 1!!!!

Sure, watmm is for likeminded people.

that would be nice, but in reality, not true.

Depends on what you'd define as likeminded. Should we all agree continuously? Or should we all be nice to each other? More civil? Is that likeminded? Or more intimate? Is likemindedness a form of intimacy? Perhaps we should recognize that we're al very similar despite the differences?

If LTM exists because of a lack of likemindedness, I really wonder what your idea of likeminded is.

* Loves Xtal but only on a sunny mourning, hates Autechre when played on Bose speakers and only eats Clark after three Stella's and some popcorn - with honey*

In reality, I go through a lot of mood swings and the way I act online is the way I act for real... If you guys would ever meet me, I do actually say "Word" and "Yo" and "ON THE STRENGPH G!" quite a bit.

It's the opposite for me, apart from some of the slang I use I'm not that much like I am on WATMM. On WATMM I'm constantly cynical, in reality I'm much more optimistic. There's no particular reason for it, just what WATMM brings out in me. Always having a laugh though.

*snip*

I feel your pain, I've been running darkstep.org for over 10 years now.

Those three members must be a pain in the arse to manage.

I'm not in the LTM but I have no problem knowing it's there gaargless. Thing is, you can't get access everywhere in the world unless you have the right to, you know somebody that gets you in or you earn your place there somehow. Internet is as shitty as any human-dense place, and watmm is no different. If those that made most of this possible decide they want their own special place... I'd do it too, if I owned watmm.

edit: or create a serious business subforum, for all your serious stuff

But then it wouldn't be private, like a PM. You miss the point on purpose so that you can make a point. I think i was whinging about ppl doing this earlier. i'm not saying that you did this on purpose, surely your irrational distaste over the idea of that space, is clouding your mind a touch too.

;-] --- eneewae ----

I don't mind most of the newbies, but i don't want to be at everyone's house all the time. Sometimes you hang at home with the family. It would be the same for everyone on here, multiple places to say things. They aren't sharing everything that they've ever said in private on facebook are they. Or their PM's or emails or iM's. The whole discounting this quite logical grounding for LTM, is beyond words silly.

;-] --- luvf from mee -----

Archived