IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am on my own side. how this place functions and how it continues to function is not important to me. all that I can do is hopefully add some value to the site whether that is lols or new/old music/art I dig. getting involved with an us vs them, is a distraction. I don't desire ltm, and if I was offered it, I would deny.... If I want exclusivity ill make my own website with just me and my best friends. but that would be lame and pointless.

i like him too but I guess I expected a bit more...fire in the belly from the idealistic dude who fearlessly defended Avatar against all comers :emotawesomepm9:

It was quite awe-inspiring.

you've got a good point karma. like i said, i'm already over my qualms with ltm, i just felt the need to say something... my issue stems from a deep-seeded hatred for secret clubs (as alluded to in my first post about one of my social circles growing up). it caused so much havoc in that little group that i just... i dunno. it's all good. typing this, i'm realizing that any time i get to ranting here, it comes out of little pockets of time when i'm procrastinating on something else i ought to be doing, and creating little problems that don't really exist so that i might have something else to focus on. self-palm. carry on wattm, cheers 2 u

you've got a good point karma. like i said, i'm already over my qualms with ltm, i just felt the need to say something... my issue stems from a deep-seeded hatred for secret clubs (as alluded to in my first post about one of my social circles growing up). it caused so much havoc in that little group that i just... i dunno. it's all good. typing this, i'm realizing that any time i get to ranting here, it comes out of little pockets of time when i'm procrastinating on something else i ought to be doing, and creating little problems that don't really exist so that i might have something else to focus on. self-palm. carry on wattm, cheers 2 u

Definitely understand what you are talking about. And I am guilty of the same. I am trying to focus more though and shed this place of the time traps I so often find myself involved in. I think there is general value with having a good natured back and forth discussion, but some threads are just venting chambers. They don''t go anywhere. We get stuck in them because we take subjective disagreements personally and find it necessary to defend them. No one wants their reputation in the shitter, but on watmm its less about individuals and more about how we behave as a group. A rolling lol is funny, not because of the word "lol" but because we are all being supportive in something so silly. We need more silly and less serious.

Definitely understand what you are talking about. And I am guilty of the same. I am trying to focus more though and shed this place of the time traps I so often find myself involved in. I think there is general value with having a good natured back and forth discussion, but some threads are just venting chambers. They don''t go anywhere. We get stuck in them because we take subjective disagreements personally and find it necessary to defend them. No one wants their reputation in the shitter, but on watmm its less about individuals and more about how we behave as a group. A rolling lol is funny, not because of the word "lol" but because we are all being supportive in something so silly. We need more silly and less serious.

You belong in the hall of heroes, sir.

We need more silly and less serious.

There are 10 to the power of a billion websites that fit this requirement. I'm sure at least 1000 of them about electronic music.

Literally the only reason I joined this place is because the silly/seriousness ratio is perfect. It's why I only occasionally lurk places like gearslutz or xltronic. Too serious and too silly, respectively.

But both our posts may as well be disregarded cuz Joyrex is just gonna go on bein' him and we're gonna keep on bein' us and "arguments over subjectives" are simply human nature, & imo the entire reason that there is such a thing as debate.

One could assume it is mostly pointless to argue, but at the same time I think if you don't actively throw own your ideas into some sort of public outlet where more experienced/intelligent people can shoot you down when you're being a dumbass (A luxury which is not available to me in daily life, unfortunately) you will always slowly immerse yourself in a mental cycle of increasingly shitty and unfounded ideas and opinions. Blah blah blah, confirmation bias etc., this subject is a thread all on its own.

Everybody chill da fuck out, we gon' post what we post, dey gon' administrate how dey gon' adiministrate, so jus deal wit it y'all.

& to clarify I don't take any of this shit personally until Lube Saibot calls me out for being a 13 year old wigger girl. I am what I am and if you can't accept that then that's your problem, fool.

The whole LTM forum was an ill-conceived idea. Everything from having it secret, then inviting (reasons who or why is a mystery) the wrong people to the forum where everyone was supposed to be on the level with each other, who later outed the whole thing mostly because they didn't like the hypocrisy and elitism, then denying the existence of it for a long time when it was clear it was still around. The whole thing was a disaster from start to finish and showed a lack of understanding how this place works.

The summary bannings of a lot of people associated with the outing of the LTM forum, along with separating the community into distinct cliques, made this place worse. Being dishonest about it cost Joyrex and crew a lot of points and he will be second guessed for every decision he makes from now on out. If there was an absolute need for some exclusive club, then it should have been handled in the open. Explaining what it's for, who it's for and what are the criteria to get into WATMM's treehouse club would have been a much better way to approach it. Sure it could have started a lot of moan and whine, but it wouldn't have cost Joyrex any credibility, something he is paying for still to this day.

And this is why this thread has become so long, bad decisions from all parties have inflamed the fun atmosphere of WATMM. This place now doesn't hold a candle to this place when I started actively following it sometime in the early 2000's.

Guest hahathhat

maybe it's really a PR problem. if they'd called it the "admins 'n' old farts lounge" there might have been less drama !

because that's what it is. and it never really bothered me, except for the name.

lying about it was just digging in deeper.

The whole LTM forum was an ill-conceived idea. Everything from having it secret, then inviting (reasons who or why is a mystery) the wrong people to the forum where everyone was supposed to be on the level with each other, who later outed the whole thing mostly because they didn't like the hypocrisy and elitism, then denying the existence of it for a long time when it was clear it was still around. The whole thing was a disaster from start to finish and showed a lack of understanding how this place works.

The summary bannings of a lot of people associated with the outing of the LTM forum, along with separating the community into distinct cliques, made this place worse. Being dishonest about it cost Joyrex and crew a lot of points and he will be second guessed for every decision he makes from now on out. If there was an absolute need for some exclusive club, then it should have been handled in the open. Explaining what it's for, who it's for and what are the criteria to get into WATMM's treehouse club would have been a much better way to approach it. Sure it could have started a lot of moan and whine, but it wouldn't have cost Joyrex any credibility, something he is paying for still to this day.

And this is why this thread has become so long, bad decisions from all parties have inflamed the fun atmosphere of WATMM. This place now doesn't hold a candle to this place when I started actively following it sometime in the early 2000's.

so very eloquently and succinctly put into words what i have wanted to say, but i don't have the patience or the reservedness to do so.

who was banned for outing ltm?

Guest Iain C

i also agree whole-heartedly with this.

here's an interesting thought - what do you think it'd do for the community if there was a one-time-only amnesty for all banned members to rejoin the forum?

i wonder if there was an outlined criteria for entering the almighty ltm, would it make you guys feel better? (the ones who feel left out of it, that is)

i don't have a problem with ltm personally. if anything, im guessing thats where a lot of my favorite posters went and why they are posting less here but that just leaves room for other people to step up. i dont know, i, like many others, use this place as an escape from the daily drama at work, at home, etc. i usually stay out of threads like this but it seems like there is so much drama here lately too. maybe this whole month is like one long full moon because lately my wife is completely nuts, everyone at work has lost their mind and now my make-believe faceless online friends are going bonkers too.

im with karma, cheers to every watmmer :beer:

Archived