IGNORED

Skull Candy Earbuds

Guest Adam

If you would use your sennheisers on the run it would be much harder to lose or destroy them.

You don't know me very well.

Ha. Yeah of course. But full size headphones are generally harder to lose then earbuds simply because they are bigger and more expensive sennheiser heaphones are usually built very well so they are no doubt harder to destroy then skullcandies.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skull candy ear buds definitely do the trick. They serve me well on my bus rides and walks to and from campus. I don't really produce with them unless I only have my laptop, and even then I still eq and master in my "studio". As others stated they sound decent and are cheap so your'e not pissed when you break or lose them.

I will never buy skull candy headphones again. Granted they weren't ear buds, I had a pair of lowrider or something like it, cord accidently got barely caught on something and completely ripped off the headphones. I have never seen a cord rip off with such ease with any electronics ever.

Completely different subject but, are these newer earbuds (meaning the ones that look like they plug your ears instead of the old style of earbuds) comfortable? Do they feel like you are underwater? Last earbuds I got like that were these sony noise cancelling ones that plug in your ears like the ones you guys are talking about, but they were really uncomfortable and had shitty sound. Im just wondering cause it seems like they have completely transitioned to that newer style

Guest Sprigg

I will never buy skull candy headphones again. Granted they weren't ear buds, I had a pair of lowrider or something like it, cord accidently got barely caught on something and completely ripped off the headphones. I have never seen a cord rip off with such ease with any electronics ever.

Completely different subject but, are these newer earbuds (meaning the ones that look like they plug your ears instead of the old style of earbuds) comfortable? Do they feel like you are underwater? Last earbuds I got like that were these sony noise cancelling ones that plug in your ears like the ones you guys are talking about, but they were really uncomfortable and had shitty sound. Im just wondering cause it seems like they have completely transitioned to that newer style

As mentioned earlier (I think in this thread), if the earphones move out of your ear at all you'll lose a lot of lower frequencies, so they're kind of a bitch to wear. I like them overall as I don't have to crank the music as loud to hear it, but they are usually either uncomfortably large, or somehow just won't stay in my ear. But after a few minutes I don't notice their presence, on the rare occasion it doesn't feel like they're trying to rape my ear canal.

TLDR: sometimes yes, sometimes no.

i just received the AIAIAI Swirl Earphone with mic from amazon.co.uk as a replacement for the headset i currently have for my phone.

swirl_black.jpg

gotta say, i'm really very impressed with them. the best thing about them is that they seem extremely sturdy, especially compared to other earphones, and definitely compared to mobile phone headsets.

XNXzj.jpg

of course, this is the headset version (with appropriate 3.5mm plug) but you can get the normal earphone with standard 3.5mm jack.

whilst we're here can anyone recommend some discrete looking cans that are smaller than Senn 202's but have a big improvement on the sound of CX300's or Koss portapros???????

I need isolation from a closed back as 'in ear' phones bang about when i'm stomping around and i need them small or 'on ear' so i don't look like i should be riding a BMX in ET

Guest Promo

Oh right we just refer to them as in ears. I got a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II too and they are brilliant. I had another pair which failed after about a year or so which was dissapointing but they're exceptionally good headphones for the price. I had a pair of over the ear headphones - Sony ones but to be honest there were pretty rubbish 'cause they had too much bass and muddy mids/hi's.

Guest Adam

whilst we're here can anyone recommend some discrete looking cans that are smaller than Senn 202's but have a big improvement on the sound of CX300's or Koss portapros???????

I need isolation from a closed back as 'in ear' phones bang about when i'm stomping around and i need them small or 'on ear' so i don't look like i should be riding a BMX in ET

Beyerdynamic t50p if you have the money. If no maybe Sennheiser HD 25 (any version except sp)

i use AKG K81s for on the tube/bus/walking about etc - cheap and sound great!

pa-dj-dj-equipment-dj-headphones-akg-k-81-dj-100038245.jpg

Guest AcrossCanyons

just biking in to express my hate for people judging how good a speaker system/headphones are purely by how heavy the bass is even if everything else sounds shitty. ugh.

just biking in to express my hate for people judging how good a speaker system/headphones are purely by how heavy the bass is even if everything else sounds shitty. ugh.

in total agreement with you. bass isn't everything.

Guest Coalbucket PI

it's usually the most pressing concern with earphones though, surely? Although I agree otherwise, I've seen so many speaker set ups with bass all out of proportion with the high end. Especially these computer speakers loads of people have that have a big woofer and tiny little satellites.

Guest lustfulgustav

but we need that BOOM BOOM BOOM guys....

right?

It's true. As a user of in-ear headphones, and a consumer familiar with electronic music, I must say we gotta get that boom boom boom, gotta get that boom boom boom, gotta get that boom boom boom, gotta get that boom boom boom, gotta get that boom boom boom, now, boom boom boom, now, boom boom boom, boom boom boom.

/multi-million dollar Lyric-Writer-O-Tron-2000

Oh yeah, in-ear headphones. I've tried (holy fuck, let's see) Skullcandy Ink'd, Skullcandy Titan, Sony EX51, Sony EX71, Sony EX36, Sennheiser CX300, Shure E2C, Shure SE110, SE115, Klipsch S4, Bose IE, Bose IE2, and I'm presently using the Apple in-ears. And after experiencing all of them, my observation is the Skullcandy Ink'd were the most poorly made and the only ones that seemed to MAGICALLY break, by me doing absolutely nothing to them. And the Skullcandy Titans were so bad I threw them in the trash while walking home from the store I just bought them at.

In closing, this reply adds nothing to the conversation. Happy fucking Memorial Day. :nyan:

Can't decide between these....

sennheiser_px_200_ii.jpg

PX200-II

or spending almost double for these...

audiotechnica-es55-black-576x576.jpg

audio technica ATH-E55

I decided on closed back so I don't have to blast my ears plus I don't want a bassy sound that swampes everything else but I've read the ES55's can be a little uncomfortable on a bare scalp.

Are there any other slim looking portable closed back's I'm missing for around £40-60ish? :mellow:

Archived