IGNORED

the Warp 20 boxset

chenGOD

can anyone remember how much that went for originally? I mean the one with the LPs/CDs/coffeetable book.

Guest Ultravisitor

would anyone like to buy mine? i'm considering selling it. needing money for travels!

Boomkat says £110.

Imo kind of cool as a collectors item, but musically, it's mostly worthless, or at least for the money it is. The only songs that stood out to me at all were Hudson Mohawke - Paint The Stars, Leila's piano cover of Vordhosbn, and surprisingly to me, Autechre - Oval Moon (IBC Mix). Most of the rest off of unheard and recreated just sound sub-par to me, and chosen and infinite are completely pointless. The Osymyso mix is pretty fun though.

yeah i preordered it. contemplating selling it. It's only been opened to look at the coffee book once, and played the lock grooves once.

yeah i preordered it. contemplating selling it. It's only been opened to look at the coffee book once, and played the lock grooves once.

Im setting my decks up this weekend and gonna try and re-kindle my love for vinyl. warp20 lock grooves will be involved.

the lock grooves are pretty sweet - but i need money for school and a bit of travel....

it would be nice if someone could record all the lock grooves to wav...:)

the lock grooves are pretty sweet - but i need money for school and a bit of travel....

it would be nice if someone could record all the lock grooves to wav...:)

I have them as flac If I remember correctly

So definitely selling this - does anyone know how many were made eventually?

Also I disagree with Ganus' evaluation of the unheard disc - the two plaid tracks are lovely (especially "Sam Lac Run"), the Clark track "Rattlesnake" is excellent and the Seefeel track is quite nice as well. As for the Recreated - It's a bit hit and miss, but some of them are really good - John Callagahn's vocal take on Phylactery is amazing for example. The infinite "lock grooves" are fantastic if you're a DJ.

Anyways...lol

well it's not unlimited...;)

true, but Warp did have many believing that it would be rather limited. I really wouldn't say 5000 copies is all that limited :(

eh - kind of yes and no. I mean Lunatic Harness sold 100,000. But yeah in this day and age it's not really limited.

What are the lock grooves? I never really paid attention to this box set

they're short loopable sections from various Warp roster artists tracks

there's a couple of 'unheard' things in there. i know for a fact that Spiro by Boards of Canada is on there

Mine is currently sitting in my closet. The records have been played maybe once each, and I looked through the book once. I doubt you'll be able to make much of a profit off it currently, but if you need the cash I don't blame you for selling it. Hopefully it will be worth some serious money one day... :shrug:

Anyone looking to sell their Warp20 (Infinite)? I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny. It's the only part of the set I don't have in any form...

Archived