IGNORED

AB5

YEK

Tracks 1 and 8 of AB5 are fantastic, an excellent combination of custom percussion sounds, strings and underwater sounding effects. I still can't believe James didn't think this was worthy of release, yet AB4 was. He should at least release a best of Analogue Bubblebaths compilation or something.

1. Analogue Bubblebath
  2. .215061
  3. .1993841
  4. .942937
  5. .000890569
  6. CAT 00897-AA1
  7. [AB3 track 11]
  8. Cuckoo
  9. [AB4 track 4]
  10. [AB5 track 1]
  11. [AB5 track 7]
  12. [AB5 track 8]

That would make for a pretty nice "Chosen Bubblebaths" type release... Then again, I still can't believe Chosen Lords doesn't have I'm Self Employed or VBS.Redlof.B on it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the lead melody from the first track is perfection. It's a shame that all of his tunes that sound like this are impossible to legitimately acquire. MFM, the "Joyrex Tape", and AB5 are the only ones that really do this style of song, aren't they? aside from fingerbib

I think if you could mute out the percussion on 4 and possibly Girl/Boy Song, and added lighter, more sensible percussion in its place, they might be comparable to AB5's bookend tracks (ignoring Cuckoo for a second, which sounds really out of place on that release, especially as it was also on AB4).

I really wish I could find someone willing to sell a copy of their AB5 test pressing, it is by far my favorite "release" of RDJ and I would love to actually have a copy of it. I don't care that I would have to pay out the ass for it.

I wonder if you understand just how far out the ass you would be paying.

http://www.popsike.c...ebath+5&x=0&y=0

Hell, you'd probably be paying your whole ass.

I don't think you realize the full potential of your statement/bar graph. I actually bid on a copy of AB5 for over $2,000. yes I know shun me now but anyways I didn't win it, biggest LOL ever, and i'd never pay over half that now so fuck yea, I love to boost that Aphex brand value :aphexsign:

I don't think you realize the full potential of your statement/bar graph. I actually bid on a copy of AB5 for over $2,000. yes I know shun me now but anyways I didn't win it, biggest LOL ever, and i'd never pay over half that now so fuck yea, I love to boost that Aphex brand value :aphexsign:

I most certainly do understand it. I was looking for that very auction, to be honest, but couldn't find it.

I really don't understand why it doesn't get an official release. Even if Rich doesn't think it's good enough, he must know others do and would (as previously mentioned) pay out the arse for it.

Anyway, this is probably my favorite track off the LP. Very underrated, I find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqeV5ELfVIQ&nomobile=1[/YouTube]

The whole LP is fantastic, though, so B1 isn't the best by too much.

The monetary value of this release is probably diluted now, because if I remember correctly, there was some sort of cock-up with sending out some of the Analord 10 original binders, and Rephlex sent out copies of AB5 as a sort of apology to those whose orders were messed-up. So, there are probably quite a few more copies around now than in the days when AB5 used to sell for stupidly high prices on eBay etc.

The monetary value of this release is probably diluted now, because if I remember correctly, there was some sort of cock-up with sending out some of the Analord 10 original binders, and Rephlex sent out copies of AB5 as a sort of apology to those whose orders were messed-up. So, there are probably quite a few more copies around now than in the days when AB5 used to sell for stupidly high prices on eBay etc.

But the only AB5s that exist are those that Rephlex sent with Analord 10s, as far as I know, so I don't see where you're heading with this. Unless there are the additional AB5s that "leaked out" of the Rephlex, that means that there can be only the same or smaller number of copies of AB5 than before.

Quote from Discogs:

"Never fully released.

In January 2005 Rephlex mailed out black vinyl/binder editions of "Analord 10". Due to problems at the manufacturing/mail out stage, approximately 20 buyers did not receive their package. Rephlex mailed out a second batch in June 2005 to those who had not received their order. This second batch included a free copy of "Analogue Bubblebath 5". This distribution of "Analogue Bubblebath 5" was unannounced."

There are two pressings. The original '95 test press of which there are supposedly 50, and the very limited repress that went out to those who had their Analord order screwed up. Presumably, there are only 20 of those second presses, since only about 20 people had messed up orders.

There are two pressings. The original '95 test press of which there are supposedly 50, and the very limited repress that went out to those who had their Analord order screwed up. Presumably, there are only 20 of those second presses, since only about 20 people had messed up orders.

From where did you get the number 50? And what happened with those 1995. first pressing copies? Were they all "leaked" from the Rephlex, or simply spreaded, as a result of Rephlex folks giving them to their family/friends etc.? I would just like to know the real story behind it, assuming that somebody knows it.

WTF, this is your pure imagination talking.

Brilliant rebuttal. Mind telling me how it really is, then? I'm pretty sure the test press was 50 copies, though I said I could be wrong. I doubt there were any leftovers, so there was probably a small number of second pressings made from the same master disc for the Analord recipients.

If that's true then my mind must be on a singularity with his.

the lead melody from the first track is perfection. It's a shame that all of his tunes that sound like this are impossible to legitimately acquire. MFM, the "Joyrex Tape", and AB5 are the only ones that really do this style of song, aren't they? aside from fingerbib

see vodka from ekt

edit

The original '95 test press of which there are supposedly 50

I thought "test pressings" were usually made in about five copies. 50 copies sounds more like a promo pressing.

see vodka from ekt

edit

Melodies From Mars as well.

Guest Mononoke

see vodka from ekt

edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riLmf4L-dQg

see vodka from ekt

Melodies From Mars as well.

Brilliant rebuttal. Mind telling me how it really is, then? I'm pretty sure the test press was 50 copies, though I said I could be wrong. I doubt there were any leftovers, so there was probably a small number of second pressings made from the same master disc for the Analord recipients.

I mean you just straight made this two pressing thing up, correct?

I wish Richard would revive the Analogue Bubblebath series... I wonder why (besides the obvious "I didn't think it was good enough") it never saw the light of day - after all, it made it as far as a test pressing...

it is very strange considering that it's by far the best analogue bubblebath besides part 3, its almost like a spiritual sequel followup to his Ventolin remix/i Care because you do era. It feels like the missing link between those albums and RDJ/Melodies from mars

the opening track on i care because you do imo has a very similar evocative type of melody to it

I mean you just straight made this two pressing thing up, correct?

Yeah, pretty sure the copies that people got from the Analord mishaps were from the remaining copies made during the original test/promo pressing that Rephlex still had.

Archived