IGNORED

AB5

YEK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Richard would revive the Analogue Bubblebath series... I wonder why (besides the obvious "I didn't think it was good enough") it never saw the light of day - after all, it made it as far as a test pressing...

A1 is so fun and happy. reminds me alot of the analords in the way it makes me picture him having a great time making music.

instead of the precise, meticulous image i get in my head whenever i'd read the 'he's a crazy genius' stuff journalists would write.

b3 got a wicked pancake lizard vibe

ok, wtf. my 128 bitrate version i've had forever is HORRIBLE... i thought all rips were bad quality. like it sounds like it consists of 50 percent static.

just downloaded 320 version. sounds SOO much better. i'm going to have fun listening to this with headphones.

i like the first track of this serie of AB.

I've got all Analogue Bubblebath serie :

1991 : Analogue Bubblebath (cd only)

1991 : Analogue Bubblebath 2 (vinyl only)

1993 : Analogue Bubblebath 3 (vinyl (first pressed, 1993), cd from 1997, vinyl from 2002)

1994 : Analogue Bubblebath 4 (cds from 1997 & 2003)

1995/2005 : Analogue Bubblebath 5 (vinyl from 2005, test pressing)

2002 : Analogue Bubblebath 3.1 (vinyl only)

and i can't resist 2 listen all them especially when i'm in travel by car/bus/airplane/train...

but yes my favorite is AB5! ;-)

Guest HokusPoker

B3 is brilliant. As thief said, it has got the same great atmosphere as Pancake Lizard which is one of his best tracks (of that certain kind).

I love it.

was this officially out after ab4? cause the fact that it has cuckoo might suggest it was the original ab4 but wasn't released as such.

Guest Calx Sherbet

track 8 is one majestic motherfucker. i'd be so open to a whole album like that.

Analogue Bubblebath 5 is my favorite of the serie too ! Mainly because of the first track and cuckoo. Cuckoo is so brillant, definitely one of my AFX favorite track !

• 9 months later...

I really wish I could find someone willing to sell a copy of their AB5 test pressing, it is by far my favorite "release" of RDJ and I would love to actually have a copy of it. I don't care that I would have to pay out the ass for it.

I really wish I could find someone willing to sell a copy of their AB5 test pressing, it is by far my favorite "release" of RDJ and I would love to actually have a copy of it. I don't care that I would have to pay out the ass for it.

I wonder if you understand just how far out the ass you would be paying.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=Bubblebath+5&x=0&y=0

Hell, you'd probably be paying your whole ass.

I wonder if you understand just how far out the ass you would be paying.

http://www.popsike.c...ebath+5&x=0&y=0

Hell, you'd probably be paying your whole ass.

I'm still kicking myself for not putting a final bid in on one back in 2002 or so and it ended around $700 IIRC.

the lead melody from the first track is perfection. It's a shame that all of his tunes that sound like this are impossible to legitimately acquire. MFM, the "Joyrex Tape", and AB5 are the only ones that really do this style of song, aren't they? aside from fingerbib

Archived