IGNORED

any Georgia/South Carolina WATMM'ers?

Guest Al Hounos

Hey this is kind of off topic but I want to go to Georgia. I think I want to go to Savanna and play jazz or something? Has anyone here ever been to Savanna?

Savannah is well gorgeous. one of the real Southern gems, like Charleston SC and New Orleans. go there and hang out at SCAD.

To OP: getting a gun because you're bored in WV makes sense. getting a gun before moving to LA is nuts.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rumbo

I like guns, in a recreational sense. Just like I enjoy flicking rubber bands at things.

With that said, moving to a place where buying a gun (and possibly needing to use it on someone) is as rational as redesigning your wardrobe to accommodate the new climate, is nucking futs.

Surely LA isn't that bad? And what is this "except while driving" business? Do you mean the traffic is bad or that carjackers are as common at intersections as charity collecters are here?

In my line of work, I guess you could say that LA is the Mecca. I often think about possibly moving there at some stage for work. I can't imagine myself packing heat with the intention of using it on someone on a day to day basis.

Guest umop_apisdn

Yea, Savannah is pretty damn nice. Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time in Chucktown even though I'm only an hour from both cities. Sometimes the 20-somethings in Savannah are a little too much for me, though.

I like guns, in a recreational sense. Just like I enjoy flicking rubber bands at things.

With that said, moving to a place where buying a gun (and possibly needing to use it on someone) is as rational as redesigning your wardrobe to accommodate the new climate, is nucking futs.

Surely LA isn't that bad? And what is this "except while driving" business? Do you mean the traffic is bad or that carjackers are as common at intersections as charity collecters are here?

In my line of work, I guess you could say that LA is the Mecca. I often think about possibly moving there at some stage for work. I can't imagine myself packing heat with the intention of using it on someone on a day to day basis.

LA isn't that bad at all, and the per capita violent crime rate is relatively low, IIRC. There's just a lot of, you know, capita.

Driving is just bad because:

(a) the traffic can get intense (especially when you're moving from the east side to the west side and vice versa), which gets people pissed off, so you have a lot of asshole drivers. I hear, incidentally, that the traffic in Atlanta, GA, is far worse.

(b) a few years back there actually were random gang initiatory freeway shootings (eg, pick off drivers in cars, at random, for the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act). That happened when I first moved out here, and was scary as fuck. Felt sort of like the "D.C. Snipers" days, if anyone remembers that.

The worst times to be in LA, personal safety-wise, are when the Lakers win some fucking Championship and all the cholos riot and act like general twats, or apparently when you're at a Dodgers game wearing the opposing team's colors, which pisses the cholos off and causes them to behave like general twats. Worst fans in the world.

LA around the '92 riots really was a terrifying place. It was basically like the LA in Predator 2.

My gf is a native Angeleno and was only about 10 at the time of the riots, but her memories seem particularly vivid.

It's really come a long way in a fairly short period of time! The old folks still give me the eye when I tell them I live downtown, but it's getting so fucking gentrified it's not even funny, rich hipster whities gonna kick me out soon.

You know, I was actually at SF General Hospital when they moved that Giants fan that was beaten into a coma. A few news vans were parked out front and recording reporters.

I was there for six hours for a cracked rib, and they only gave me ibuprofen. At least he's getting some proper care...

hey Luke, I think this is relevant to your interests:

haha, i'm not getting anything like that. honestly, i think i'm just gonna get a Ruger LCP 380

ruger_lcp_blk.jpg

they are small, accurate, lightweight, powerful for their size and have a good rep for being dependable. i've shot this handgun before and dug it.

edit: though, i think i'm buying a synth first.

i guess if you were to have a gun in LA for protection (i know thats not what you want it for), id see if its possible to get a permit to carry..seems more likely to get mugged than have your house broken into while you are in it.

i guess if you were to have a gun in LA for protection (i know thats not what you want it for), id see if its possible to get a permit to carry..seems more likely to get mugged than have your house broken into while you are in it.

TRUE

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

synthgun

shoot your enemies and then play a lovely melody to guide their passage into the next life

siriusmogun.jpg

Fuck all that pussy ass bullshit.

I'm buying a punt gun.

01.jpg

how many people does it to to shoot this gun?

a: 3 people. 1 to shot the gun, 1 to hold the gun and 1 to blow onto the gun when they are done shooting it

Luke, you should get a gun, they're fun. And you can bring it to my house if you want, just don't shoot my stuff or my cats. Or my wife.

Mike, you should come over too. Now that I have a fancy upstairs loft studio and a bigger house and all that, we can really have a lot more fun.

Or we could just meet up at Denny's, that's great too.

Luke, you should get a gun, they're fun. And you can bring it to my house if you want, just don't shoot my stuff or my cats. Or my wife.

Mike, you should come over too. Now that I have a fancy upstairs loft studio and a bigger house and all that, we can really have a lot more fun.

Or we could just meet up at Denny's, that's great too.

lol, i love the order in which you listed things not to shoot.

Archived