IGNORED

any Georgia/South Carolina WATMM'ers?

i was recently offered a decent job opportunity in Cali from a buddy of mine in L.A. essentially, i'd be a sound/recording technician guy for indepenent film. i'm not crazy about L.A., but i think this is going to be good for me.

before i do all that, though, i'm moving to Augusta, Georgia in August. i know my buddy Milieu lives about an hour away from there, i'm stoked to see him. are there any other WATMM'ers in that area?

also, i want to buy a gun. at first, i didn't want a pistol because i felt that the margin for error (misfire, firing from being dropped, etc) was bigger. after doing a bit of reading, a pistol sounds like a much better idea since rifles and shotguns just seem like overkill as far as stopping a threat goes.

furthermore, i used to be extremely against guns. now, i simply view them as a tool just like anything else, to be handled with care, treated and maintained like anything else. plus, when i make my way out to Cali, a friend of mine and i want to shoot out in the desert. any suggestions? what sort of firearms does WATMM have?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

dont really understand the necessity for a gun (or really why anyone would want one) but i do know that california has pretty crazy gun laws and the odds of you being able to go shoot shit in the desert with your handgun are prolly fairly low.

huh. i thought you lived in san diego. silly me.

west virginia

america

derp

what an easy, lame response.

i like America, it's pretty.

dont really understand the necessity for a gun (or really why anyone would want one) but i do know that california has pretty crazy gun laws and the odds of you being able to go shoot shit in the desert with your handgun are prolly fairly low.

there is no necessity, i admire them, i want to become skilled with one.

i was put in a situation a few years ago where i had to defend my home with a shotgun. i stood in the hallway, waiting for some drunk rednecks to bust down the door. if they made it through, i was going to be faced with the decision to blow off their legs. thankfully, they didn't, and an entire squad of cops chased them on their 4-wheelers on the mountain and eventually put them in jail.

this, among a few other reasons has made me decide that i would like to own at least one gun. and not even so much as that i feel threatened, or need to feel more secure, it's really more of an interest; a part of life that i haven't explored. also, i've been shooting at the range a few times recently and fucking LOVED it. almost as good as sex.

edit: we'd most likely be shooting in Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas. it's just something we mentioned we want to do on the way over there.

edit2: lol, look at my post count. i won't post for a while, for full effect.

america

derp

what an easy, lame response.

i like America, it's pretty.

i know i know :trap:

says the guy who has spent the last 3 years posting mainly random words in capitals as post replies :emotawesomepm9:

nah love you dude :beer:

i was put in a situation a few years ago where i had to defend my home with a shotgun. i stood in the hallway, waiting for some drunk rednecks to bust down the door. if they made it through, i was going to be faced with the decision to blow off their legs. thankfully, they didn't, and an entire squad of cops chased them on their 4-wheelers on the mountain and eventually put them in jail.

huh. i thought you lived in san diego. silly me.

west virginia

Well there's your problem!

JamieHyneman22732.jpg

Guest Coalbucket PI

Not sure I'd want a gun but your reasoning seems healthy.

America is pretty and you are going to some pretty places, and your job sounds really good and I hope those rednecks feel bad for what they did to you.

west virginia

Well there's your problem!

i live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV, Harpers Ferry, Charles Town area. it's actually a pretty awesome part of WV, an hour away from D.C. and, for the most part, the area has a lot going for it. i definitely consider it home. i've lived in the heart of WV, where the coal miners are, and some of them don't even consider this area as true West VA... it's strange. hard working people, though, in southern WV, but not a looker in the bunch.

i know i know :trap:

says the guy who has spent the last 3 years posting mainly random words in capitals as post replies :emotawesomepm9:

nah love you dude :beer:

well done.

the feeling's mutual, buddy

America is pretty and you are going to some pretty places, and your job sounds really good and I hope those rednecks feel bad for what they did to you.

nicest guy on internet

little-girl-smiling.jpg

california has pretty crazy gun laws and the odds of you being able to go shoot shit in the desert with your handgun are prolly fairly low.

Haha. If you don't live on the coast, there is no one out here. I knew a guy that lived in San Diego that would go out into the desert with a group of people and fire a .50 Barrett sniper rifle.

It's basically Nevada if you don't live on the coast.

Guest Coalbucket PI

[

nicest guy on internet

little-girl-smiling.jpg

little-girl.png

I live in LA and feel perfectly safe, except while driving.

Are you thinking you need a gun because you are moving here?

I just have to add, IMO, anyone who feels the need to have a gun has to basically be someone who is extremely fearful.

Just ask Maximus Mischief. He is afraid of all kinds of minorities and is way into guns.

I just have to add, IMO, anyone who feels the need to have a gun has to basically be someone who is extremely fearful.

Just ask Maximus Mischief. He is afraid of all kinds of minorities and is way into guns.

read the thread before you make assumptions or even reply for that matter.

read the thread before you make assumptions or even reply for that matter.

I read the whole thread but somehow missed your one post about the rednecks. Sorry.

anyway, to reiterate:

i am NOT interested in guns because i feel threatened, fearful, wish to do physical harm or feel that it is helpful to my status/reputation/image in any way.

i AM interested in buying a handgun because frankly, as much as i talk about the apocalypse, i'd better start prepping.

[

nicest guy on internet

little-girl-smiling.jpg

little-girl.png

holy lol. coalbucket you are pure fucking class.

Guest umop_apisdn

Dude, I'm right outside of Beaufort most of the time (probably ~2hrs from Augusta), although I spend a little time in Columbia. I'd have a dorkasm if there was a chance to hang with you and Brian. I've gotten up with Brian and his wife a couple of times, although grad school has made it tough to really make it work lately. Every time we make plans to hang, something gets all fuckered up and I have to cancel. REALLY bummed I missed his last show, but my schedule got all messed up.

We should meet up and do something. While I'm not musically inclined, I could take you guys out to look for some snakes or something.

Oh, and I live on a privately owned plantation where it's legal and we're free to shoot guns (yeehaw). I don't have any but when my friends visit, they often bring their own. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, BRING IT!

Dude, I'm right outside of Beaufort most of the time (probably ~2hrs from Augusta), although I spend a little time in Columbia. I'd have a dorkasm if there was a chance to hang with you and Brian. I've gotten up with Brian and his wife a couple of times, although grad school has made it tough to really make it work lately. Every time we make plans to hang, something gets all fuckered up and I have to cancel. REALLY bummed I missed his last show, but my schedule got all messed up.

We should meet up and do something. While I'm not musically inclined, I could take you guys out to look for some snakes or something.

that's right, i thought you were down there !

yeah, i'll be about an hour away from Columbia, we should definitely all get together and watch the Ren N' Stimpy Lost Episodes or somethin'.

I wish I had more to contribute than this, but i dont.

any Primus related post is a massive contribution in my opinion.

Oh, and I live on a privately owned plantation where it's legal and we're free to shoot guns (yeehaw). I don't have any but when my friends visit, they often bring their own. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, BRING IT!

*umop_apisdn joins your party !*

Luke instantly learns "Reptile Call"

*Brian Grainger joins your party !*

Luke instantly learns "Sleep"

Archived