Amon Tobin - ISAM Tour - 2011

schizophonic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deep Fried Everything

Put up some US tour dates, jeez.

we must be patient (i hope too...)

none of this work visa visit cancelation bullshit either!

• 3 weeks later...

9/29/11 Decibel Music Festival

Seattle WA

10/01/11 The Warfield

San Francisco CA

10/16/11 Music Box Theatre

Los Angeles CA

10/19/11 Ogden

Denver CO

10/21/11 Congress Theater

Chicago IL

10/23/11 Opera House

Toronto ON

10/24/11 Metropolis

Montreal QC

10/25/11 Brooklyn Masonic Temple

Brooklyn NY

10/28/11 Moog Fest

Asheville NC

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Yes! I'll be repping in Chicagoland.

fucking congress theatre. it's great he's bringing this to chicago but man, that place sounds like Ass.

Guest spike

OH HEY WELL FUCK ALL THE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS SOLD OUT AT THE WARFIELD ISN'T THAT TOO BAD I GUESS I AIN'T GOING TO SEE AMON TOBIN ANYMORE

FUCK

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED RIGHT NOW

the warfield is pretty smallish, go anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ninjatune.net:

"

We are inviting fans of Amon Tobin to submit fan-made videos of Amon's work for an upcoming DVD release.

Please submit your videos at vimeo.com/groups/amontobin and make sure you review the "Terms" within the forum!

Deadline for the project is end of September.

Have fun and make a great video!"

an upcoming DVD release

an upcoming DVD release

an upcoming DVD release

tears-of-joy-25.jpg

I missed this the first time due to my brother's wedding so was excited to see his return to the UK:

http://www.soundcrashmusic.com/amon-tobin-new/

Due to overwhelming public demand we are thrilled to announce a second date [23rd November] for Amon Tobin’s ISAM show at The Forum! First date (November 24th) is now SOLD OUT.

“His subtle genius places him forever one step ahead of the listener and several light years in front of his contemporaries.” Uncut

“ISAM live has raised the bar, and with the kind of attention it’s gained, what remains to be seen now is how other artists will follow in its footsteps.” -Resident Advisor 5/5 (in response to the Roundhouse show)

“Tobin has set a new benchmark for live electronic music with this deafening, dazzling and exhilarating assault on the sense.” – The Times (in response to The Roundhouse show)

After selling out The Roundhouse with one of the most unique shows ever seen in London, Tobin treats us to more of his spellbinding beats and visuals.

The legendary electronic music producer will be presenting material from his recent album ISAM, out on Ninja Tune records, as well as classic material for an incredible LIVE show at The Forum.

For this one-off set of shows, Tobin will be stepping away from previous DJ centric performances, and instead will be providing a large scale live audio/visual experience to select cities around the world. Developing the show alongside Amon is the award winning, internationally published V Squared Labs’ founder Vello. His impressive roster includes Jay- Z, Beyonce, Korn and Red Hot Chilli Peppers amongst others. Building the set is Alex Lazarus (Vita Motus), who has been on the production crew at Coachella Festival for eleven years, and has worked with everyone from Flying Lotus, Boys Noize, and Massive Attack, to Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre.

The show will feature a stunning 25′ x 14′ x 8′ multi-dimensional/ shape shifting 3-D art installation surrounding Tobin and enveloping him and the audience in a beyond 3-D experience. A fantastic visual journey to accompany his music.

It will be a visual onslaught – narrative, subtle and bombastic – using projection mapping, generative/audio reactive real time and pre-rendered elements combined with custom software to control the show. The visual elements will be synched to Tobin’s music to make a large scale next level HD experience.

For the first time in Amon Tobin’s career he’ll be able to perform a show based around the concept of the album and deliver a truly unique visual experience to go along with his renowned audio experiences.

Tickets: £ 27.50 advance, more on the door

*Does a little happy dance*

Archived