IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I can't get over the fact that a a girl at a party said that a Vibert track was RnB.

Why can't I stop thinking about it?

I once played a 2562 and Shackleton track at a party, and was told it sounded like Safri Duo :cerious:

I also received comments like the music I put on sounded like something that would be played at a "fancy-pantsy" art-gallery.

I've stopped playing/requesting music at parties, because I always have to hear so many weird comments about it, and it's annoying me to honest. Even if I try to play something that's not niche or "weird".

Maybe I just have fucking weird/awful music taste, and I need to accept that. But it's amazing how closed-minded some people are to music they've haven't heard on the TV or Radio.

Probably a pretty stupid rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

Edited by Npoess

I can't get over the fact that a a girl at a party said that a Vibert track was RnB.

I know! Was it you that posted that FWP a while back?

I've been joking about that with my gf and brother ever since.

Fucking clown girl

I once played a 2562 and Shackleton track at a party, and was told it sounded like Safri Duo :cerious:

I also received comments like the music I put on sounded like something that would be played at a "fancy-pantsy" art-gallery.

I've stopped playing/requesting music at parties, because I always have to hear so many weird comments about it, and it's annoying me to honest. Even if I try to play something that's not niche or "weird".

Maybe I just have fucking weird/awful music taste, and I need to accept that. But it's amazing how closed-minded some people are to music they've haven't heard on the TV or Radio.

I think probably a lot of us watmmers deal with the same thing. I don't really share my music for the same reasons you said. Not many people have an open mind enough to understand it... They just equate different with bad.

Their loss!

I let a friend listen to Brian Eno's 'Big Ship', she called it one note garbage... I loved that song to death, and haven't listened to it the same ever since :sad:

I let a friend listen to Brian Eno's 'Big Ship', she called it one note garbage...

I surprised she didn't call it "shit".

are you implying that The Big Ship is shit?

:sad:

I think probably a lot of us watmmers deal with the same thing. I don't really share my music for the same reasons you said. Not many people have an open mind enough to understand it... They just equate different with bad.

Their loss!

I could understand if you played the IDUMZ at a party people wouldn't like it. And you would probably also be pretty fucking retarded if you did play that.

But I've even tried like Daft Punk's Revolution 909. I thought that would be something almost everybody likes, since it's Daft Punk and they're pretty popular. But even that was too weird for people... I need to move...

Whining about people not liking the same music as me on the internet :facepalm:

Edited by Npoess

I let a friend listen to Brian Eno's 'Big Ship', she called it one note garbage...

sombre reptiles best track in agw

sombre reptiles best track in agw

st. elmo's fire dawg.

but actually that album is flawless and the big ship is amazing but only works after in dark trees

After watching mein best friend I don't see how it wasn't obvious the guy was a brutally unpleasant human being. I don't see how being wildly talented at something excuses you for being a absolute cunt.

After watching mein best friend I don't see how it wasn't obvious the guy was a brutally unpleasant human being. I don't see how being wildly talented at something excuses you for being a absolute cunt.

After watching your friend doing what?

I think most people who know of Klaus Kinski were already aware he was brutally unpleasant, this just puts it on another level.

(And I think that movie's titled My Best Fiend... seen a few people referencing it as "friend" now so felt I should point that out.)

Woke up at 3pm for a drum session, and I'm feeling especially sluggish for having to wake up "so early". I'm glad they couldn't do it earlier in the day as I originally requested, not sure I would have made it...

I think most people who know of Klaus Kinski were already aware he was brutally unpleasant, this just puts it on another level.

(And I think that movie's titled My Best Fiend... seen a few people referencing it as "friend" now so felt I should point that out.)

Oh shit, I thought Messiaen was talking about an actual friend. My bad.

I know! Was it you that posted that FWP a while back?

I've been joking about that with my gf and brother ever since.

Fucking clown girl

Their loss!

I did post it just after NYE, which was when it happened. It seems that the moaning girl is a House girl at heart. Apparently she did a huge party in her garden last year and because she seems to know many of them, a lot of them played. Not my thing but here you go. She still thinks Vibert is RnB???

I wasn't going too strange either. I understand that many will not enjoy most of what I listen to but fuck, open your fucking eyes to something different for once.

Fuck it I don't really care. Let them spend a vast percentage of their lives watching X Factor or underachieving wank bags prannying about on ice.

what classes are you teaching smetty? and tell us more about the syllabus bureaucracy, i love hearing about how gimped teachers really are when it comes to teaching students, it helps explain why some of my seemingly brilliant instructors let modey's office teach the class for them

Sorry for the late response. Im teaching American History to 1865....the syllabus has to cover absolutely everything word for word, and also agree with predetermined course requirements (most of which are completely unnecessary but I digress).

My finished and approved syllabus is, no joke, 13 pages long. Normally my other classes receive a syllabus of about 4 pages.

I don't know what's the difference between Computer Science and Software Engineering, though still want to make som animated films/art installations. Robert Henke is my hero.

Edited by logakght

I would say that software engineering would be more of the programming side of things. Computer science would probly cover more of a. overview than getting deeply programming based.

I'm probably wrong though :shrug:

I think with Kinski his whole career and appeal was based on the fact he was this insane, larger than life character so theguilt from liking his films seems more like enabling behaviour in hindsight. Everyone laughed at his antics, but I'm beginning to question if he used that to his advantage to cover up his more sadistic behaviour. It'll certainly be interesting to hear from hear from Herzog, seeing as in a way he was another victim to Kinski's psychotic behaviour.

And to makes things worse I just realised that my username is a Klaus Kinski / Fitzcarraldo reference. Think I might request a name change after all this.

There is also a member named "kinski", which I assume is named after him

how will he feels now

or Legowelt

0000983244_350.jpg