IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

FWS every time i see that zephyr has posted in this thread i immediately feel glad about my sleeping habits

Yesterday I woke up with several hours of sunlight to spare, which was pretty lush. Plus I only got 4 hours sleep, so I figured that would probably help turn my schedule around somewhat. But I still wound up staying awake until 8am and slept in until 5pm today with just a c-hair of sunlight to spare... is it okay to say "c-hair" here?

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

c-hair

don't even allude to the cunt word on watmm, you will be ban

edit: oh shit, no I didn't mean to I didn't

Edited by baph

I've never been so confused like right now... So many things in my mind, twisting it in uncontrollable pain. I normally apply the "memento mori" philosophy... But sometimes life itself suffocates your ideas to let you know that "This is Life"... Nothing else... fuck!

My package from Bleep turned up that I previously moaned about in less time than expected. Problem is, one of the albums I'm not happy with and now regret buying. The other should be cool though.

mail it back with a note saying that the person you bought it for already has it and ask for a refund or replacement ???

Had to open it to listen to it. Doubt they'll accept that.

they've changed google image again. you can't see who/what it is when hovering over an image, only where the image is hosted. whyyyyyyyyyyy?

click on the image once, it's actually pretty nice

they've changed google image again. you can't see who/what it is when hovering over an image, only where the image is hosted. whyyyyyyyyyyy?

click on the image once, it's actually pretty nice

still doesn't tell you who/what the image is... for example i searched for 'hot news readers' but hovering over the images or clicking them doesn't tell me who they are.

i don't like it.

I can't figure out this relatively simple math problem.

Given 1/g(t) = t / 1 + t, what is g^-1(t) (the inverse of g(t))...

Isn't it t / 1 + t?

Well.. not quite. 1/g(t) = t / 1+t = g(t) = 1+t / t (put both sides to the power of -1).

Now that we have g(t), set g(t) = y

we have y = (1 + t ) / t

Solve for t (I want to isolate t but cant figure it out, I know I'm just missing something simple).

Edited by StephenG

g-1(t) = t/(1-t)

it's not too bad -- take your original function, and instead of writing "g(t)", write y. now switch all your x's and y's, so you get "x=y/(1+y)". solve for y. you've got your inverse 5X265.gif

i think i see your problem -- inverse function doesn't mean "to the -1 power" ... it's just terrible notation. trig is the same way. the inverse is defined by composite functions (it "undoes" your original function), but the easier graphical way to think about it is that it's the line you get when you reflect your function about the line y=x.

Edited by luke viia

lol :facepalm:

misread your question stephen, didn't see the 1/g(t) was part of the question. ignore my last poast.

g-1(t) = 1/(t-1)

lol ;)

cheers man!

Really appreciate you taking the time to look at it. Can you take a look at my steps and show me what I'm missing? I know the answer you gave me is right, I just can't figure out the final step.

1 / g(t) = t / (1+t) put both sides to the power of -1

that equals g(t) = 1+t / t

set g(t) = y

now it's y = 1 + t / t

how do you get from there to "t = 1 / y - 1" (the inverse of t=1/y-1 is the answer you gave me, y=1/t-1)

Edited by StephenG

what I did was:

y = (1 + t) / t [switch out y and t, that makes this easier imo]

t= (1 + y) / y

yt = 1 + y [multiplying both sides to clear that variable in the basement]

yt - y = 1 [get all those y's together on one side]

y(t - 1) = 1 [pull the y out of the common terms, so you can have it all alone :spiteful: ]

y = 1 / (t - 1) [divide the terms in parentheses through, and done!]

hope that made sense man, you were so close to the answer. always a headache when an algebra step stands between you and finishing your homework, lol

Edited by luke viia

Yes!

Awesome man thanks very much. Where I screwed up is not factoring out the common term so that I could divide the factored term off both sides.

I knew it was a simple step I was missing!

Cheers :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Aserinsky

I ended up meeting my family for dinner last night. My brother arrived half an hour late absolutely shit faced and spent the night shouting out across the restaurant how proud he was seeing my grandparents having sex when he was 8 years old, singing bad renditions of Dean Martin and starting on a bloke just because he was bald and had glasses. That's the first time I've ended up trying to get as drunk as possible just to ease the level of discomfort I've been in, so now I have to finish an essay by tomorrow very hungover :dry: