IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

No internet connection at work from 10am today because a bunch of idiot contractors put a digger through it at the exchange. My work right now, web development, requires me to pretty much be constantly online. Problem is, they weren't sure it'd be fixed by morning. I can't handle another day of nothing.

Latest Abk FWP: Still don't have a guaranteed place to live next month. I've never been homeless before, but that in itself isn't a guarantee either. But still...shit.

Come on down to calgary I have a place you can crash at!

Alaska is cold. =(

Edited by StephenG

Made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

I personally don't care what words people use unless they are deliberately being hateful. I get why some people get offended, but it's the user's intention that matters most. Pretty sure delet doesn't hate gay people, he just likes the sound of that word.

Yeah I'm sure that Delet doesn't hate gay people. I don't think his using the word has anything to do with gay people.

But the problem is that the word is a trigger. There are gay people who got called faggot all through high-school and that word still carries the same impact.

But yeah those people should totally lighten up, right? :nelson:

i was called all sorts of things in highschool. Really had a miserable time. At no point did i blame language.

Wow i can't believe how passive aggressive you are about this whole thing.

BTW no I'm not a dupe I browsed WATMM for roughly 6 months before joining but that's it.

Also I'm bisexual and as the result of years of torment the word 'faggot' causes me great anxiety.

Edited by LimpyLoo

Latest Abk FWP: Still don't have a guaranteed place to live next month. I've never been homeless before, but that in itself isn't a guarantee either. But still...shit.

Come on down to calgary I have a place you can crash at!

Alaska is cold. =(

:emotawesomepm9:

It is, especially this year. We had snow last weekend. SNOW!

One of my fellow exchange students I studied in Japan with is also from Calgary, BTW.

I'm sad.

Recently i've been feeling rather sad for no particular reason, that's one of the worst sads because you don't know what to do to make yourself feel happy again.

Yeah I also have periods of deep sadness. This is one of them. But, normally, they have a reason...

This is just a personal thing, but whenever I'm sad as fuck, I put this:

It always gives me hope :')

Holy shit, sun. Good luck and all! That's beyond stupid first world problems though..... right? RIGHT?

*starts to run away nervously*

Awesome. But still though, if those things can change on a day to day basis, i'd say that something is fundamentally wrong. Hope im not too frank.

Edited by goDel

I'm sad.

Recently i've been feeling rather sad for no particular reason, that's one of the worst sads because you don't know what to do to make yourself feel happy again.

Yeah I also have periods of deep sadness. This is one of them. But, normally, they have a reason...

This is just a personal thing, but whenever I'm sad as fuck, I put this:

It always gives me hope :')

Nothing like a little gas to help you feeling relaxing and happy :)

This is not so much an every day problem (although it happens every day) but a super-infuriating thing that I witnessed and got involved in yesterday:

I was taking a subway from the central station to my university, there few people inside - me, an Iranian woman and her little ~8 year old kid, another woman and two sleazy looking fat guys. The moment the doors shut, the fat guys ID'd themselves as ticket inspectors (the city hires all sorts of people for that, mostly students and such) so I showed them my semester ticket and sat back down. Then they checked the ticket of the lady with the kid and were mumbling something about the bicycle not being included. Only at this point I notice the kid has a little bicycle, not a toy but definitely just a children sized, red little bike. So the lady is like "okay then I shall pay the extra 20 cents for an additional bicycle ticket" and these mofos tell her she needs to pay a 40 Euro (almost 60$ I think) fine. At this point, I decide to get involved and tell them "I can take a bicycle on my ticket, I'm taking this one." but the mofos tell me "You can only take your own bike blah blah", so I'm saying "Well this is my bike then." and they're going "No it's not, we know it's not!", I'm going "How do you know? I'm telling you this is my bike, the lady is telling you this is my bike, so it must be, right?" - Then the other woman gets involved, basically just telling the mofos they are being mofos, the Iranian lady is going "I flew in from Teheran today, I haven't slept in a day and now I need to put up with this shit because of a 20 cent difference, what's wrong with humanity" and so on, we're all getting out of the train, I get out a stop early just to try and convince them the bike is mine, the little kid is traumatized because he thinks some stranger wants to steal his bike or something, the Iranian lady is telling me thank you, one of the mofos is telling me "Your flies are undone, Sir", I'm telling him "Yeah, I'ma leave it like that, too, why were you even looking, why are you being the way you are being in general", they are telling us we can file a complaint and send it to the city blah blah, I'm saying it's just gonna go straight to the shredder anyways and the whole discussion seemed just utterly pointless to beging with.

Unfortunately the mofos had already wrote down the lady's ID so I fear she's gonna have to pay in the end. Such enormous cunts.

A lot of people in those jobs try to use the little power they have to bring other people down as they are having a shitty time, sounds like you done the right thing mate.

Thanks guys. The other lady who got involved gave out her phone number in case she needed a witness ... but unfortunately, I know how this is going to be handled, the company is going to say "oh well our employees acted as they should have" etc and they're gonna insist on getting the money, witnesses or not... I could have given her my number as well but I decided that wouldn't have made a difference so I eventually left...

I want to shit before showering, but I have to go in 30 minutes. Already had coffee and am now rocking back and forth in my chair flexing my anus gap, still nothing but occasional gas. Help me out watmm, fast!

It's about 2 am and something is attacking, and it sounds like killing, the mom and baby opossums that live in our back yard and under our house.

I'd grown to like those opossums.

I've been searching so hard for an accounting job.... And I just found out now that the work I've done in finance/accounting in University counts towards my professional designation (chartered general accountant, where I live). Technically I'm a level 2 CGA, I just have to do the paperwork.

Having that on my resume I'll have a job in no time. So I guess my fwp is that I didn't know this before. =/

It's about 2 am and something is attacking, and it sounds like killing, the mom and baby opossums that live in our back yard and under our house.

I'd grown to like those opossums.

what does a family of opossums being murdered sound like?

Maybe once a month this wonderful thing happens. There is a church 20 yards or so from my apartment. There is a choir that rehearses there on the weekends. Occasionally someone will open the back door while they're singing. And for 5-10 seconds per month there will be the most glorious transcendent sound I've ever heard happening in the middle of this ghetto. I'm talking like these lush sophisticated harmonies like augmented chords and strange third-order chords and the like. Picture the soundtrack to Edward Scissorhands, perhaps.

Anyway, it happened this afternoon and I couldn't enjoy it because of a medication-induced tummy ache.

bought a leather couch for a reasonable 50 dollars but since i brought it in the house there have been little ants crawling out from the bottom. also i feel itchy, but i think that's my mind playing tricks on me.