IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Has anyone said anything like "I'm stuggling to find meaningful connections with people in an increasingly homogeneous and shallow consumerist atmosphere and I feel trapped by the injunction to enjoy myself and compelled to compete with fictional ideals I am forever unable to meet" yet?

hard drive crashed... 300gb gone, 200gb of that is music. I own it all so that's not a big problem, but damn that's going to take a long time to rip all these cds and vinyl again =(

Just remove your hard drive and turn it into an external storage device. All your data will still be there. So simple.

it's already an external hard drive that I have multiple partitions on... should have set em' up in raid so that I had a backup of my important shit but I lack the foresight to do such a smart thing =(

I went all the way back to Central today after spending all day yesterday Christmas shopping because I thought I'd got the wrong thing.

It was only when I was in the shop in the middle of exchanging it that I realised I had made a mistake and didn't need to exchange it.

I can't go into more detail as the person who's present this is may be reading.

Edited by hello spiral

Work fucking sucks lately, and I don't anticipate things will get any easier. I'm already fatigued after over seven years of employment there. But at the end of April I'll resign, regardless whether or not I have another job lined up afterwards.

Sment from my Plexus 4.20 using Fap 'n' Walk

electric bass guitarist just moved into the apartment below me.

jam time!

haha yeah that should have been my attitude about it... sounded like he was practicing for a phish tour though, and just starting.

(if i hear any sabbath riffs coming from the floor i'll check it out)

Guest disparaissant

my girlfriend's dad is being kind of an inconsiderate prick toward her. he lives over an hour away, and she never really gets to see him because he doesn't have a reliable car, and we're poor as hell and can't afford to take off work and drive all the way out there to see him. she really wants to just hang out with him and have some dad time or whatever, but every time we get to the point where we can go over there, he makes these huge plans without asking and we end up hanging out with a group of like 40 of his coworkers, who are all semi-obnoxious yuppie types. so that's what we're doing for xmas eve. i am in no way excited about the prospect of hanging out with his douchey friends, and my girlfriend is REALLY upset because this is EXACTLY what he did for thanksgiving, too.

Dispy - if it's gonna cause you guys (sorry, gals lol) stress, don't go? You're both grown-ups - if he's gonna be a prick, to his own daughter nonetheless, fuck that noise.

Plus I'm sure you two get to hear all sorts of wonderful comments from his yuppie friends about lesbians.

Either that or go, and both of you get obnoxiously drunk and start ranting in Zizek-eqsque language about the totalitarianism of Christmas.

Guest disparaissant

we're both too "nice" (read: we're push-overs) to not go. so i guess plan b it is.

new fwp: i just spend like 3 hours talking about star trek, philosophy, and imperialism on facebook and now i work in 4 hours. oops.

Guest jasondonervan

i'm working today, tomorrow and friday. boooooo!

I know those feels... but I at least get to work from home on Friday (sorry)

yeah me too, just went through the redundancy process and appear to be in the clear. had to say goodbye to my colleagues though.

That sucks, well unless they were arseholes. heh, they might have been arseholes, there's a few about.