IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Not really sure if it's a first world problem, but I was drinking with a friend the other night who plays in a shoegaze/postrock/drone band about my music, and he asked me what synths I own. I reply with "just the qy70 that I use with my guitar and the rest is mostly software". he then said that music produced with software is never any good, and then proceeded to take me into his music room where he showed me the korg micro sampler that he just bought, saying stuff like "what's really cool about this is that you can split a sample up and map it across the keyboard"; somehow not realising that a) this has been possible with software for what, 20 years or more, and b) his fancy digital equipment is basically just software on a chip in a box with knobs.

I guess my first world problem as a result is that most of my real life friends don't consider my music to be anything but 'toy' music. Except the guys in the chiptune scene, who are pretty awesome tbh.

Edited by modey

Guest disparaissant

probably just because the dragon was "turning"

shit, sorry, that's terrible. Joyrex plz ban me.

i laughed WAY more than i should have. fwp.

Let's see. Hmmm.

Uh.

if you still haven't located the source of the smell, you might try to look into the shart now?

Oh god. No. Nevermind. Just... disregard this post.

Edited by baph

Guest sirch

Not really sure if it's a first world problem, but I was drinking with a friend the other night who plays in a shoegaze/postrock/drone band about my music, and he asked me what synths I own. I reply with "just the qy70 that I use with my guitar and the rest is mostly software". he then said that music produced with software is never any good, and then proceeded to take me into his music room where he showed me the korg micro sampler that he just bought, saying stuff like "what's really cool about this is that you can split a sample up and map it across the keyboard"; somehow not realising that a) this has been possible with software for what, 20 years or more, and b) his fancy digital equipment is basically just software on a chip in a box with knobs.

I guess my first world problem as a result is that most of my real life friends don't consider my music to be anything but 'toy' music. Except the guys in the chiptune scene, who are pretty awesome tbh.

please condense and filter your thinking into,, at the most just 1 paragraph..? or people won't like you! lol ;P

he asked me what synths I own. I reply with "just the qy70 that I use with my guitar and the rest is mostly software". he then said that music produced with software is never any good

the question is, was he being really rude and inconsiderate in expressing this opinion (basically rubbishing your music to your face) or was he just trying to be friendly in a retarded way that some people have sometimes? you know, like "omg that book you're reading sucks, check this book out, it's so awesome, I hope I win friendship points with you for getting you into what I like"

Well, considering that he basically tries to one-up me every time I talk to him about my music, I'd say it's the first option..

please condense and filter your thinking into,, at the most just 1 paragraph..? or people won't like you! lol ;P

zole, where did this come from?

Guest sirch

he asked me what synths I own. I reply with "just the qy70 that I use with my guitar and the rest is mostly software". he then said that music produced with software is never any good

the question is, was he being really rude and inconsiderate in expressing this opinion (basically rubbishing your music to your face) or was he just trying to be friendly in a retarded way that some people have sometimes? you know, like "omg that book you're reading sucks, check this book out, it's so awesome, I hope I win friendship points with you for getting you into what I like"

the question is,.. will baph get with disparaissant...? lol

zole, where did this come from?

zole. messin, blood. messin. ;P

Well, considering that he basically tries to one-up me every time I talk to him about my music, I'd say it's the first option..

i have a friend that does the same thing. he has a giant ego and talks about stuff like he's super educated and kinda talks down to me... i could argue with him but i never have. it's older brother syndrome or something. smile and nod

Let's see. Hmmm.

Uh.

if you still haven't located the source of the smell, you might try to look into the shart now?

Oh god. No. Nevermind. Just... disregard this post.

ooh hohohohoho

greek barber decided to give me some kind of pep talk. i was just trying to first world problem him with a bit of moaning about work.

he was telling me that i should study... eventually i was like, yeah.. ok, i'll study.. when he asked my age, i lied and said i'm 23 and he said "see, too young.. you should study now and then you'll be successful. in 6 years it will be too late." he was kind of nice about it, saying that he can see that i'm "capable when others are not". also dissed cheffing with "you can't progress in this, you'll always just cook for some people.". he said i should begin studying in September. i just want him to cut my hair... but now he'll be asking about my studies

Guest disparaissant

for baph id maybe make an exception

i blame rebound

Finally got rid of those Derren Brown tickets I mentioned earlier in this thread by selling them for £100 on ebay, sent them by recorded delivery and I think they may have disappeared. I am mere moments away from petrol bombing my nearest post office.

for baph id maybe make an exception

i blame rebound

baph: almost adequate as a replacement for a real lesbian since 1996

Sorry about the rebound situation :sad:/hugs

Edited by baph

Finally got rid of those Derren Brown tickets I mentioned earlier in this thread by selling them for £100 on ebay, sent them by recorded delivery and I think they may have disappeared. I am mere moments away from petrol bombing my nearest post office.

ree ported to fbI

think I fixed my mixer, soldered the new pot onto the board and put it nice in my rack.. but I forgot the adapter at someone elses place.. at least I can't find it. can't test it out. fucking hell this is stupid.

think I fixed my mixer, soldered the new pot onto the board and put it nice in my rack.. but I forgot the adapter at someone elses place.. at least I can't find it. can't test it out. fucking hell this is stupid.

that's awesome! post about it in ekt. making mixers is sexy.

that's awesome! post about it in ekt. making mixers is sexy.

lol thanks. but it's all fixed now, and the fact that I misplaced the adapter sucks.

forlon i'll send you the thingy, it's most likely at my place. 1st world solutions.

lol I think so yes.. I will come pick it up, or you can come bring it over and I'll have some nice beers or something.

Holy shit, you guys... I nearly just clogged the toilet at work. I feel like I should leave.

this is a daily occurence here but i think we have a plumbing problem. high level cistern releases sudden, all too powerful torrent combined with thick luxurious toilet paper and massive shits = blockage.

and i lol daily cos i know i'm not alone... when other people are in the toilet and i hear them flush, then flush again moments later i know they've had the same issues.

i've never really looked through the numbers on my phone. there's not that many but i actually have no idea who several of them are...

Romy?

Mayte?

hopefully

510d1218969487-fotos-de-michelle-rodriguez-michelle-rodriguez.jpg

mayte michelle rodríguez

and

Romy+Tarangul+2.jpg

romy tarangul the judoka

Guest disparaissant

ive been awake for 24 hours

i slept from 3-5 am yesterday

and i was awake for 24 hours before that

so

2 hours of sleep

in 50

im not even tired. it's just.

what?

Couldn't find any documented cases of siamese twins joined at the anus or dick.

this is a disappointment