IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm having mega anxiety suddenly, again... and thinking how awesome it would be to just pick up everything and disappear to another country and start my life over, not saying a word to anyone I know.

Yeah it's selfish.

What normally triggers your anxiety? What patterns of behaviour start when you become anxious? (sorry if I've missed a post earlier in the thread that explained this, I don't have time to read it all right now)

Check out as much of Maria Bamford's comedy, interviews etc. as you can btw, she might help you (she won't hurt you anyway) :)

Edited by hoggy

I'm having mega anxiety suddenly, again... and thinking how awesome it would be to just pick up everything and disappear to another country and start my life over, not saying a word to anyone I know.

Yeah it's selfish.

What normally triggers your anxiety? What patterns of behaviour start when you become anxious? (sorry if I've missed a post earlier in the thread that explained this, I don't have time to read it all right now)

Check out as much of Maria Bamford's comedy, interviews etc. as you can btw, she might help you (she won't hurt you anyway) :)

It acts up when I don't drink.

I'll check out her stuff when I get home tonight, thanks for the tip! =)

Edited by StephenG

maria bamford is awesome.

Bamfoo ftw! And also Adventure Time ftw!

Yeah it's selfish.

It acts up when I don't drink.

I'll check out her stuff when I get home tonight, thanks for the tip! =)

Oh you're a drinker huh, well people numb down in different ways - but were you anxious a lot before you started drinking?

Guest disparaissant

I just upgraded to ios 7 and it looks amazing except that half my app icons still have the bubbly ios 6 look and it's really inconsistent and off-putting.

Edited by disparaissant

Guest jasondonervan

I can't decide if I should take up an evening class for learning (very basic) Japanese. I'm sure it will be useful for my upcoming trip(s), but I can't help thinking it might be overkill for my tourist needs? That, or it could set me off on a long road of learning and enjoying a new language... :shrug:

One of the course organisers mailed me late last night to tell me that the class I'm interested in is filling up with applicants, so if I want to sign up I have to do so quickly...

Guest jasondonervan

you know how when you go to deactivate your facebook and in a last-ditch attempt to keep you on it parades your friends' pics for you and tells you "your friends will miss you! Jane will miss you! Bob will miss you! Tim will miss you!" etc?

I just went to deactivate mine and it told me Ceephax would miss me. I got a warm fuzzy feeling and stayed on. just for Andy.

not really, I deactivated.

Ceephax_600.jpg

Let's all take Japanese together dudes! I wanna learn.

Congrats on ditching fb there usagi.

My fwp is having worsening breathing problems for years and being afraid to try and fix them without proper health insurance. Yay first world!