IGNORED

Writing a post and not posting it

Dragon

Just wondering, how often do you guys do this? Like, for instance, I've just decided not to post this in the Harry Potter spoilers thread:

I loved the fuck out of it.

I fucked the love out of it.

I outed the fuck of love.

I just thought it was too far off, and not really funny. But I've found myself doing it a lot lately, deciding that my posts simply aren't good enough. Maybe my standards are just too high?

How often do you write a post and decide not to post it?

well said rhombix, just trust your heart insincts, whats the worst a bad post can do to you? the post count still rise's

well said rhombix, just trust your heart insincts, whats the worst a bad post can do to you? the post count still rise's

Well, that's the thing. If I make a bad post, it reflects on people's perception of me, and I don't want to look like an idiot.

There's this other forum, Cook'd and Bomb'd, which focuses on Comedy (particularly Chris Morris). I started an account there a couple of months before I joined WATMM. I used to post regularly, but the thing is, they have such high standards. Quality of discussion is very important to them. As a result, I mainly lurk there now, rather than posting (and that's if I visit at all, which is far less often than I visit this place).

This is why I value the WATMM community. It's like you people have the perfect balance between quality of discussion and the freedom to post without making a serious point. I like being able to post silly or inane chatter without having to take things too seriously. But on the other hand, it's also nice to be able to say something intelligent and be appreciated for it. It's like we're a group of people that are intelligent, but not afraid to let our guard down and be :cisfor: rather than :cerious: . Some of us speak without capital letters, not because we have bad grammar, but because it's acknowledged that we know how to, but don't have to use unnecessary effort.

I think I'll post more often from now on. Maybe I'll just take it easy.

Guest Enter a new display name

Well, that's the thing. If I make a bad post, it reflects on people's perception of me, and I don't want to look like an idiot.

You're doing extremely well so far.

I sometimes write quite a lot but then determine it's pointless and cancel everything. Sometimes it's just my bad english that demotivates me from posting it.

Guest rumbo

I sometimes write quite a lot but then determine it's pointless and cancel everything. Sometimes it's just my bad english that demotivates me from posting it.

Don't let your competency at a second language prevent you from posting. Most native English speakers do not know a second language, so that puts you ahead of us. Some native English speakers don't speak English very well at all. I think your English is excellent.

I'm trying to learn French and German currently.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I very often write a post and then delete it, I'm not sure why because its not like anything bad would happen if I made a bad post

maybe u sholud have done it w this one 2

:wtf:

just kidding, speak yo mind, edit as you please, the community is unpredictable, maybe someone will find you hilarious or hate you, doesn't matter

Guest fiznuthian

sometimes i take a massive shit and the water that splashes back onto my rectum inspires me to make a post

Guest uptown devil

sometimes i take a massive shit and the water that splashes back onto my rectum inspires me to make a post

don't you know about the parachute technique???

why would he want to ruin his source of inspiration?

Guest Sprigg

I do it a fair bit. I'll usually realize that what I came in to say has already been said, and simply decide to lurk, rather than repeating someone else's words fifteen different ways. I also edit the posts I do make almost every time I post something.

Edit: usually immediately after posting it.

A few weeks ago I wrote a massive poll thread about music, asking watmm members about their download habits, whether you still buy much physical media, how much you illegally download etc, it took ages.

Then I just closed the window as I thought, whats the point?

Archived