IGNORED

jean claude van damme: behind closed doors

keltoi

Guest Coalbucket PI

Yeah I've seen a few, he's a bizarre man... TV gold, but also uncomfortable viewing. The pretence is that he's going to fight the current Thai boxing champion or something? I watched 2 or 3 episodes and he just ate and drank and sat on the beach and complained about how out of shape he was, but I never saw him do any exercise and there was some fairly serious paunch to be dealt with. He cried like a baby when he went home and saw his dogs. Just very odd.

Guest rumbo

emotionally unstable ex coke addict. I grew up with his movies too, but looking back they were pretty shit.

Dunno, didn't look so terrible from the preview posted at least.

I like Jean Claude, has done some pretty terrible films, but he seems like a friendly decent chap. what station is the series on? wouldn't mind watching more.

Dunno, didn't look so terrible from the preview posted at least.

I like Jean Claude, has done some pretty terrible films, but he seems like a friendly decent chap. what station is the series on? wouldn't mind watching more.

ITV4 Its JCVD season on there :D

what's the best JCVD movie?

His best film is 'JCVD'.

84% on Rotten tomatoes

Its a 2008 'meta-movie' in which he plays himself, skint and fighting a child custody case, appearing in straight to DVD action flicks and losing roles to Steven Segal. And getting caught up in a post office heist.

Sample dialogue:

Agent (on the phone): Sorry, Steven Segal got that part.

JCVD (in car): What?

Agent: Apparently he agreed to cut off his pony tail.

JCVD (looking impressed): *shrugs*

Here's the opening scene, done in one continous shot, a masterpiece in itself:

[youtubehd]0jTWjdjGjDA[/youtubehd]

Go and watch JCVD, don't be put off by the cover.

what's the best JCVD movie?
His best film is 'JCVD'.84% on Rotten tomatoesIts a 2008 'meta-movie' in which he plays himself, skint and fighting a child custody case, appearing in straight to DVD action flicks and losing roles to Steven Segal. And getting caught up in a post office heist.Sample dialogue:Agent (on the phone): Sorry, Steven Segal got that part.JCVD (in car): What?Agent: Apparently he agreed to cut off his pony tail.JCVD (looking impressed): *shrugs*Here's the opening scene, done in one continous shot, a masterpiece in itself:[youtubehd]0jTWjdjGjDA[/youtubehd]Go and watch JCVD, don't be put off by the cover.

yeah seconded! really good film. There's even a couple bits in there where he was showing some genuine acting skills. Cool idea for a film, pretty good execution too. also, I think it's reflects well on ego. I can't imagine there are so many actors of his type who wouod be willing to parody themselves quite so candidly. I get the impression that he knows exactly what and who he is, doesn't pretend to be anything else, and is quite happy like that.

Might go watch it now :)

Guest Coalbucket PI

I feel like a lot of the people saying how much of a cool and nice guy he must be haven't watched the series in question because he is a very very strange chap indeed

Guest AcrossCanyons

I feel like a lot of the people saying how much of a cool and nice guy he must be haven't watched the series in question because he is a very very strange chap indeed

he's a bit strange but not constantly off-the-wall batshit insane.

also +1 for JCVD, great film. watched it on a plane journey because it was the only thing that looked any good on and I was very surprised by how good I found it.

There's loads of shows like this on ITV where they film the "everyday life" of a "celebrity" whose career can no longer be anything but a novelty or anything beyond those shows. Kerry Katona was another depressing one to watch...

Guest Jimbob

Yeah and loads of repeats too, pretty sure I saw some of this at a mates house a couple of months ago. Everyone was remarking how completely fucking crackers Van Damme is.

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

this TV show is co produced by Van Damme (just like Segal) and always plays to the camera about what an troubled eccentric bi-polar he is but the reality is he's an arse off camera

but Universal Soldier Regeneration is the shit imho

Archived