IGNORED

What's the biggest thing you've ever killed, intentionally/unintentionally?

Guest KY

Guest hahathhat

when i was a young lad, i tried to keep a spider. it was in a cup with salad dressing, and the spider died. this was less interesting than when i tried to keep a frog, and the frog peed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I squashed a dozen or so caterpillars underfoot one afternoon when I was maybe 5 after seeing my aunt do it. Then I lay in my parents' bed for an hour crying because I felt so horrible about it. That's the last time I deliberately killed something, aside from fleas when I was trying to do my cat a favor.

When my girlfriend was younger her and her sister were once fighting over who got to hold their pet budgie. They ended up in a tug 'o' war over it and snapped its neck. She also had a gerbil that ate its own leg and bled to death after they forgot to feed it. And slightly off topic but still with the pet theme: they also had a bunny that came in her dad's eye when he picked it up. The self-cannibalizing gerbil is probably my favorite of the lot, just so horrible...

Guest Iain C

Nothing bigger than a big moth, caretstik-style. And these days I'd be fairly reluctant to even do that. It bothers me when I see people killing spiders or insects for no reason other than the fact that they're there...

Of course, I've eaten meat in the past and I still have dairy sometimes - so I've still been complicit in a lot of unnecessary animal suffering.

I've killed a mouse. I did it about 3 weeks ago. My flatmate bought a glue trap and the thing was stuck on it and squelling. He couldn't bring himself to put it out of its misery and so I was left with no choice but to do myself. I felt very bad after doing it but leaving would have been worse.

When I kill a spider, I leave it smashed on the wall as a message to its friends that I'm not someone with whom to fuck.

When I was 4 I threw scissors at a duck for no apparent reason, I think it died.

220px-Een_jonge_wilde_eend.jpg

r.i.p.

were you in some sort of ninja phase? who takes (multiple) scissors (from where?) and throws it at an animal? that's just cruel. :p

Guest theSun

were you in some sort of ninja phase? who takes (multiple) scissors (from where?) and throws it at an animal? that's just cruel. :p

yeah, it was part of the :fear: training.

Nah, some older dude kid dared me to throw a big heavy rusty scissor thing that was laying near a pond. I happily complied. Don't worry, karma has got me good.

raped by ducks next day?

there must be some interesting backstories here.

i have some good stories about mice.

one got loose inside the basement of the house. i knew it was in there, but there wasn't much i could do. i was watching a movie, and then... something. i looked up and saw the mouse on the stairs! i wasn't sure what to do. i was a tad drunk. so i yelled and charged at it! it deployed the first line of mouse defense, which is to stay still and hope it's not seen. but then when i grabbed at it, it dashed off -- but i had stopped it from going upstairs, where all the morsels were. mice like morsels, you see. i went back to my movie. a bit later, i started to hear chewing noises in closet beta. i opened it up to see a fucking hole in the wall of the closet, with the mouse presumably somewhere in it. fucker. i try about all i can think of -- spraying noxious chemicals into the hole, yelling. i even peed on the fucking wall, more out of pure frustration than logic. i got out my airsoft pellet gun, and continued watching my movie. it continued to taunt me by making chewy noises every couple of minutes, which was actually really annoying. then... something. i look up and it's by the door to closet alpha. i take aim, and hit!! SQUEAK! but alas, the plastic pellet was not lethal. it scurried under the door, into closet alpha. now, i was not about to let it chew another hole. the closet, unfortunately, is jammed with cardboard boxes. like, i went hardcore 3D tetris on it to pack as much as i could in there. but fuck it, i want this mouse's hide. so i start tearing the closet apart. i pick up my subwoofer's box, and... there it is! mouse realizes the jig is up and tries to make a last dash. i do the obvious and use the giant fucking box in my hands to bash it. raspberry jam leaks out from mouse. i clean mouse up, put boxes away, and finish my fucking movie.

When I read this I hear it in Bill Cosby's voice.

bahahaha i read it in his voice after seeing the comment :duckhunt:

but i had stopped it from going upstairs, where all the morsels were.

mice like morsels, you see.

R4BDi.gif

Killed a fox unintentionally once. Hit it with my car and I felt terrible. Before that the biggest thing I had ever killed was a fly, but I do that all the time 'cos I hate flys.

You can kill an otter in about a second. Just kick its face off.

Killed a fox unintentionally once. Hit it with my car and I felt terrible. Before that the biggest thing I had ever killed was a fly, but I do that all the time 'cos I hate flys.

The fox feels nothing, it's made of string

I felt very bad after doing it but leaving would have been worse.

aw fucking hell why did you say that i did that to two mice just a few days ago :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Archived