IGNORED

Turning off avatars

Rbrmyofr

I honestly don't know if it's possible anymore - I see there's a global signature turn off in the Ignore settings, but nothing about avatars. I'll see if this issue has been addressed with the makers of the board yet.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I was having this problem too, the closest solution for me was to use the mobile skin which makes all images and avatars really small. It's better for me at work although I'd prefer to just be able to turn avatars (and images) off and use the normal skin, as there is some functionality lost on the mobile skin. If you find out how to do it it would be appreciated JR.

• 5 months later...

insult to gaarg

that was my first thought!

my second thought was that it would save joyrex money.

my third thought was that joyrex needs money and might get over his menopause with the money.

It should be near the disable signatures option. I used to disable avatars but this forum has cool ones, unlike most forums, so I turned them back on.

Guest ex-voto

a proposito come si dice in italiano

I am still waiting for my avatar gaarg <3

:emotawesomepm9:

Dude, it's been on my tumblr for days now: http://gaarg.tumblr.com/

Sorry I thought everybody knew where these paints gather by now...

dude! thanks!!! <3

• 2 weeks later...

One option you could use is to use the 'mobile' skin of the board, which there are no avatars, graphics, etc. I think - not the perfect solution, but until they reinstate that feature back into the board, there's not much on my end I can do.

Oh, and your attitude sucks, ET - instead of whinging about everything, how about you suggest something constructive?

Guest Helper ET

Oh, and your attitude sucks, ET - instead of whinging about everything, how about you suggest something constructive?

now thats just not fair. in elementary school, i made all sorts of things out of construction paper

Guest Thaddeusz

is there any possibility to access the lowfi.watmm of the old days? it was excellent for stealth surfing in a work/school environment

is there any possibility to access the lowfi.watmm of the old days? it was excellent for stealth surfing in a work/school environment

That's essentially what the Mobile skin is... they did away with the lo-fi skin some time ago.

Guest Helper ET

and im here to fucking say, that the administrator of his own fucking website, cant even keep track of his skins, because contrary to his own words, mobile skin does not remove avatars

let me also add that, i can come on here and complain about some simple avatar issue (that these genius programers cant even fix), and the administrator will go out of his way to try to publicly shun me, when he himself isnt even following the rules (i didnt even break one), as i can name two members whos avatars alone, are breaking the rules, and one of them is even fucking banned!!!!!!! i cant believe the hypocrisy. its madness!!!

all hail the chief!

and im here to fucking say, that the administrator of his own fucking website, cant even keep track of his skins, because contrary to his own words, mobile skin does not remove avatars

let me also add that, i can come on here and complain about some simple avatar issue (that these genius programers cant even fix), and the administrator will go out of his way to try to publicly shun me, when he himself isnt even following the rules (i didnt even break one), as i can name two members whos avatars alone, are breaking the rules, and one of them is even fucking banned!!!!!!! i cant believe the hypocrisy. its madness!!!

all hail the chief!

Listen, fucknut - I told you, they removed that ability from this version of the board - I didn't create this forum software, so there's really not much I can do about it short of seeing if there is an addon that restores that functionality (I hesitate to do so, since the forum creators usually listen to feedback and put those things back in if enough people complain about it).

If someone's avatar is breaking the rules, then report it, you dumbfuck - what do you think the report system on this board is for?

O5kDe.png

verified

Thanks - I don't use the Mobile skin personally, as I've only seen the site via Tapatalk, which I know does display avatars. The lo-fi skin didn't have them, but I guess they restored that for the Mobile skin.

Archived