IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

Joyrex, do you hate community?

i don't think he does, but i can see why you'd think that. i certainly feel like he hates me, some days!! can't remember the last time i've heard him aim a positive word in my direction. i probably have some things to learn about tact, but i feel like he's completely walled off. you can't have a conversation with the dude! he's incredibly defensive, and any chat with him feels like an elaborate waltz that always ends with a "no." if you're going to be the quote-unquote leader of this here community, i think that's a problem.

bleep sucks, warpmart was quite good

Agreed, I also liked warprecords.com vs. warp.net. I understand they wanted to amalgamate warp records/warp films and all of that jazz, but the artist organization now is weird. That sweet-ass color grid thing and the featured song on the front page were bitchin.

Anyways, I didn't know many illegal links were shared in chatmm. We generally shared our own music or playlists. One time I put up the Throttleclark Exclusives, and those were free to begin with. I understand the cost issue, but if phakist would pay for it blah blah blah.

I'll dearly miss chatmm. I wasn't around much during the summer, but I'd go there sometimes daily during the school year. I talked to people on there that I never interacted with on the forums (I don't even see a couple of the users in the actual forums). Also had a couple of fun syncs, which I know I could just mumu, Maximus, but some butthole always messes up the playlist.

I dunno if I'm wrong. But if the limit of users allowed in CHATMM was reduced to, say, 10, wouldn't it be cheaper in price? I remember we had the max amount of users and someone said something about it would cost more to increase the max amount of users allowed. Edit: I think Joyrex said that actually, in chatmm.

When I've been in chatmm there was no illegal link sharing going on. There was a rampaging Norwegian at one point. Other than that, a relaxed atmosphere and positive exchange of general/music banter.

getting offtopic here but bleep sent me the autechre peel sessions instead of the black dog peel sessions. after waiting a few weeks for that to get shipped to australia I really couldn't be fucked sending it back (I had to pay for the postage) just to get something that I had already got the mp3s of from bleep.

i get that mistakes happen and whatnot but really how hard was it to check the order before sending it off? do they just go "meh, close enough." or what?

yes more off-topic.. but I find it interesting that chengod included bleep as an outlet for buying music. Maybe they are responsible for chatmms demise. But yes more off topic... I have been overcharged a number of times from bleep. Not a large amount or anything, but just enough that itd be a nice sandwich but small enough that some people would probably not notice the "mistake."

lol yes, I'm rolling in fat stacks of cash from bleep. also juno/beatport/rough trade/boomkat provide me with weekly hookers.

I'm well aware that piracy does not equal lost sales - but that's a false equivalency anyways - just because the seller of the good/service is not denied compensation does not entitle you to the good/service. Anyways...

getting offtopic here but bleep sent me the autechre peel sessions instead of the black dog peel sessions. after waiting a few weeks for that to get shipped to australia I really couldn't be fucked sending it back (I had to pay for the postage) just to get something that I had already got the mp3s of from bleep.

i get that mistakes happen and whatnot but really how hard was it to check the order before sending it off? do they just go "meh, close enough." or what?

yes more off-topic.. but I find it interesting that chengod included bleep as an outlet for buying music. Maybe they are responsible for chatmms demise. But yes more off topic... I have been overcharged a number of times from bleep. Not a large amount or anything, but just enough that itd be a nice sandwich but small enough that some people would probably not notice the "mistake."

lol yes, I'm rolling in fat stacks of cash from bleep. also juno/beatport/rough trade/boomkat provide me with weekly hookers.

I'm well aware that piracy does not equal lost sales - but that's a false equivalency anyways - just because the seller of the good/service is not denied compensation does not entitle you to the good/service. Anyways...

Some artists would argue differently... its subjective depending on the context imo, you can't brush broad strokes of generalizations based on the information we have (specifically talking about watmm). It's also irrelevant, the idea that chatmm is the key to accessing music illegally is absurd and most here agree that that kind of activity is minimal at best.

Some artists would argue differently... its subjective depending on the context imo, you can't brush broad strokes of generalizations based on the information we have (specifically talking about watmm). It's also irrelevant, the idea that chatmm is the key to accessing music illegally is absurd and most here agree that that kind of activity is minimal at best.

also most people including me know the rule of not posting links to music and most people dont do it. . in fact i havent seen it done in months and months and months and months if ever

i think that kind of thing is usually done in PMs on the forum. so we should get rid of PMs before we get rid of chattm if you ask me..

also i would argue that there is more disrespect and rudeness in the forums than there is in chatmm

Guest abusivegeorge

willy wonka?

Did you really need to ask that question? Are you insinuating that Gene Wilder is not Jesus Christ? Coz I think you'll find religion has something to say about that.

Archived