IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Npoess" data-cid="1922399" data-time="1356350612"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Friendly Foil" data-cid="1922356" data-time="1356340285"><p>Holy shoiyhtjchkhhththhjfu-</p></blockquote>

<br />

Looks like you're finally going to get your scuba

diving simulator.</p></blockquote><3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing super crazy mind blowing, but http://www.thegamersdrop.com/2012/12/31/new-gta-5-radio-appearance-confirmed-by-artist/

"In regards to the radio stations that will be provided through “GTA 5,” we have uncovered that DJ Kavinsky has confirmed that he will be appearing in the game on the radio station known as NightRide FM."

Kavinsky was the dude who made that pretty cool song for the movie Drive. If the music on this station will be any similar to that, I'll be quite happy.

Guest Gary C

I was gonna say, I don't think Kavinsky is very well appreciated around here. I really like his first two EPs, but they've been kind of marred by Drive now because I always want the next track to be that one with girly vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

[youtubehd]]-DSVDcw6iW8[/youtubehd]

Edit: Fuck. Why is this board so difficult?

I kinda wonder why they don't implement some sort of real radio channels that would be downloaded live from the web instead of wasting hard disk space

But yeah it's just fucking marketing, all that. PR that get easily taken by any gaming website. Free publicity.

I bet within a few days after release you'll see a ton of homemade 9-11 jet crashes recorded in GTA 5. Of course the buildings won't collapse though...

since they're going for realism they probably won't collapse :wink:

Guest happycase

What about a GTA set in the year 4050?

Or in God's Kingdom.

Yeahhh. GTA: Heaven's Demise

The main character could be lucifer, the most beautiful angel of all.

Set in the era before all things.

kavinskys success keeps making me jelly, since we make sort of similar type of music. first drive, now gta v, grrr. good for him i guess.

I kinda wonder why they don't implement some sort of real radio channels that would be downloaded live from the web instead of wasting hard disk space

But yeah it's just fucking marketing, all that. PR that get easily taken by any gaming website. Free publicity.

No no no no no no no. Actual radio stations in a GTA game would be one of the biggest disasters in vidja game history. We need the Lazlow talkshows and funny commercials/djs.

Guest Al Hounos

yeah, the GTA radio stations were always one of the best parts of the game. especially vice city and san andreas, the radio stations added so much to the immersiveness and enjoyment.

i loved just cruising around listening to soundgarden in san andreas or blondie in vice city...

No no no no no no no. Actual radio stations in a GTA game would be one of the biggest disasters in vidja game history. We need the Lazlow talkshows and funny commercials/djs.

That's still my point. Instead of just a limited HD space, you could stream those channels easily. Then you could add a lot of fun stuff for people to come back. So not real stations, just the same kind of channels, but with unlimited content

kavinskys success keeps making me jelly, since we make sort of similar type of music. first drive, now gta v, grrr. good for him i guess.

Never heard him before the entry in this thread. Only listened for 5 seconds before I thought, hey, this reminds me of someone..

• 3 weeks later...

We all knew this would happen : <

http://m.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Archived