IGNORED

for the love of chairs

jules

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the chairs are fine. we had to have our carpets pro-cleaned though. piss everywhere. hate cats and although i like dogs i ain't picking up no dog faeces daily, thank you very much.

Yeah, that whole being a sewer management system for a dog seems quite odd to me. I mean i'm glad now that when on walks with their dogs here it has become the done thing to carry a bag so that you can pick up the dog leavings, because once upon a time walking the footpaths of the suburban surrounds to our major cities was a dicey thing if you weren't looking where you were treading. But still the concept of having your dog dump halfway through a pleasant after work meander and then having to carry the artefacts of it's digestive tract for the remainder of the journey, strikes me as a rather dire. And then there's the expectation looming that no matter how hard you try to avoid it, that one day you'll find yourself in your own garden, within the confines of the the fortress of that is your home, depressing your shoe into a fly ridden, maggot infested chunky slice of gastrointestinal ooze, a little day wrecking time bomb nonchalantly left there by your pet. These people must be nuts. heh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i picked up a nice bent ply, old school chair lying in the street. might post pic later. it's much like this but much better patina...

1b.jpg

nothing fancy but will do nicely for my garage/workshop.

pics when it's upholstered westie.

Will do - the mother-in-law's looking into it next week.

After much deliberation I decided against reupholstering. I came to the conclusion that the fabric IS the chair.

Like your school chairs, I vaguely remember similar chairs at my old comprehensive school. They look a bit Bauhaus.

Bought this smooth motherfucker a couple of weeks ago.

DSCN0607.jpg

I like the side table/flower arrangement you've got going on there, very tasteful.

Guest Gary C

Ha yeah, not my house. The Chesterfield's going to go in a study in my new house (moving in a month). Gonna pair it with an old bureau (antique typewriter on top) and build a wall-length bookshelf.

• 2 years later...

Just picked this up from the charity shop for £20. It's so comfortable, it's got a nice rocking action too. Going to reupholster it with a mustard coloured fabric I think.

epesupe5.jpg

Bump. My mother-in-law finally got around to reupholstering it >>>

18096545_1757252947899693_52866014184535

my great-grandparents have these in their house. and not cheap knock-offs. like the original knoll saarinen chairs. w00t.png

Tulip_med.jpg

so my great-grandparents have now moved on to a higher plane, but fortunately their chairs have not. Now I didn't get to snag these bad boys, but I did get some major chair scores, will post later.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived