IGNORED

for the love of chairs

jules

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just moved into a new apt, so I'm looking for furniture. Anyone know of anything like this that won't cost an arm and/or a leg?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/fuo/2925575779.html

I mean, I love good style, but I'm not paying $800 for something I sit on.

You could try Plummers furniture (I think they have a web store); based in CA. Sometimes the prices are pretty good, although probably in the $800 ballpark. Maybe slightly lower? I haven't bought furniture from them for a while, but what I did get has held up well.

nice, spiky.

i'm sitting on a nice piece right now, pix later. it's more blocky and has straighter back. quite padded and cushy tho.

• 4 weeks later...

maximorieraelephant1.jpg

maximorieraelephant2.jpg

maximorieraelephant3.jpg

not gaudy enough

you can't tell from the picture, but it's completely covered in gold leaf paint for extra classy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theSun

guys i need a chair and a couch/sectional. i'd like both pieces to be well under $1000 a piece

anyone a member of any weird shopping sites like the foundary? i'm sketched out by those things.

• 5 months later...

my buddy found 8 original Herman miller shells tossed after the storm here. they are originals and orange but the fuckers spray painted the tops of the shells black. any ideas on how to strip that? they are fiberglass.

Archived