IGNORED

Lack of motivation and illness in the morning

acidphakist

i feel best in the morning, before i become aware of reality and disappointment takes over. have to have breakfast, a snack at 11 would help (i can't do that but do it if you can). doesn't matter if i'm on my feet, working continuously or sat around, doing fuck all.. i'll be tired by the afternoon and want to sleep. at the moment i nap in the afternoon or evening, go to bed a bit later, sleep less (but the same amount total).. doesn't make a good or bad difference.

but yeah, drink lots of water. that helps.

never go to bed dehydrated. drink a shit ton water before bed, then when you wake up you'll jump out of bed because you need to piss so bad

don't do the essines version of this (go to bed dehydrated, drink a shit ton of vodka before bed, then when you wake up you'll jump out of bed because you pissed the bed).

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never go to bed dehydrated. drink a shit ton water before bed, then when you wake up you'll jump out of bed because you need to piss so bad

don't do the essines version of this (go to bed dehydrated, drink a shit ton of vodka before bed, then when you wake up you'll jump out of bed because you pissed the bed).

Yeah, you're totally right. But seriously, getting so drunk that you piss the bed and then your girlfriend changes the bedding for you has to unlock some sort of life achievement award. I pissed the bed while spooning my girlfriend, she woke me up, sat me down and did the laundry. I am a proud man.

I wake up at 4 AM sometimes to take a medication and then go back to sleep for another hour and a half.

I don't think I see your point here?

Lay off the drugs

I figured you'd be one of those weak-minded individuals that lumps legitimate medication in with illicit drugs. Let me guess: you call your bong rips "medicine", right?

:facepalm:

what kind of legitimate medication do you have to get up at 4am to take? if it's a sleeping tablet you're an idiot.

I love waking up, when something in the forthcoming day excites me. I need to feel motivation to wake up and do stuff. If I have no motivation, EVERYTHING is hard to do, wake up, piss, eat, drink, type, communicate, everything.

Yes, I'd say you need a purpose in life to have this easy.

Perhaps it's just a side effect of aging but in the last six months it's been increasingly hard for me to get moving in the morning. Typically I'm groggy and the thought of getting out of bed makes me anxious. Oftentimes my stomach is unsettled and I feel unwell overall.

Sounds awful. You should probaby kill yourself.

Guest AcrossCanyons

No matter what time I sleep at night, I always have a hard time waking up.

Same here. I exercise regularly, drink a ton of water daily, eat fine, sleep early (sometimes as early as 8 - 9 and I still have trouble getting up before 10...). I don't get it. :shrug:

My father is a doctor and his friends are assholes.

They know their shit, though. No doubt about it.

I concur. I had a major surgery whereby they split me up the middle, pulled my intestines out and laid them over the side, then removed lymph nodes. Once I came to they put me on a drip of something magical.

The next morning the surgeon resident comes in and, with his thick Slavic accent, admonishes me for self-dosing too many times during the night. I reminded him that my guts were being held in by staples and glue and proceeded to push the button yet again.

I wake up at 4 AM sometimes to take a medication and then go back to sleep for another hour and a half.

Lay off the drugs

I figured you'd be one of those weak-minded individuals that lumps legitimate medication in with illicit drugs. Let me guess: you call your bong rips "medicine", right?

because genuine legit legal medicine has no side effects right :emotawesomepm9:

Yes. They make me feel better.

Perhaps it's just a side effect of aging but in the last six months it's been increasingly hard for me to get moving in the morning. Typically I'm groggy and the thought of getting out of bed makes me anxious. Oftentimes my stomach is unsettled and I feel unwell overall.

Hey Ludd! You still beating your wife?

I concur. I had a major surgery whereby they split me up the middle, pulled my intestines out and laid them over the side, then removed lymph nodes. Once I came to they put me on a drip of something magical.

The next morning the surgeon resident comes in and, with his thick Slavic accent, admonishes me for self-dosing too many times during the night. I reminded him that my guts were being held in by staples and glue and proceeded to push the button yet again.

Lay off the drugs

i think the point being made is that many medications, especially those taken on empty stomach, have a tendency to cause nausea. since we don't know what you're on it's merely wild speculation at this point.

Lay off the BOOZE. Sleep with your curtains open so you wake up to sunlight, if you have the luxury of a location/wake-time that allows for it. Hot shower. Coffee. Don't masturbate in bed.

This sounds like good advice, the day after tomorrow I'm going to try it. I probably drink the equivilent of almost half a bottle of vodka after work each night over a period of 4 hours. I take meds and sleeping meds. I have been feeling pretty shit for most of the year.

Lay off the BOOZE. Sleep with your curtains open so you wake up to sunlight, if you have the luxury of a location/wake-time that allows for it. Hot shower. Coffee. Don't masturbate in bed.

This sounds like good advice, the day after tomorrow I'm going to try it. I probably drink the equivilent of almost half a bottle of vodka after work each night over a period of 4 hours. I take meds and sleeping meds. I have been feeling pretty shit for most of the year.

I'm sure it isn't news to you that meds and booze don't play nicely together.

That's what the doc keeps telling me. I developed some kind of nervous trauma after the big earthquake, started taking meds for that (was drinking heavy), got severly bi-polar and sometimes violent due to the mix, added anti depressants to the mix. Couldn't sleep at night due to brain being hyperactive, add sleeping pills. Started daytime drinking on my days off, doc added a sedative to take to combat that, if and when. Japanese doctors love giving pills like candy. In fact, I still don't know what's really wrong with me, never been properly diagnosed. If I cut the booze out, it would be interesting to see the change. I drink due to boredom. I work away and don't see my family very often, and my creative energy or gumption to do anything worthwhile is nil right now.

i need to be locked away somewhere with just me, my laptop, and abelton.

That's what the doc keeps telling me. I developed some kind of nervous trauma after the big earthquake, started taking meds for that (was drinking heavy), got severly bi-polar and sometimes violent due to the mix, added anti depressants to the mix. Couldn't sleep at night due to brain being hyperactive, add sleeping pills. Started daytime drinking on my days off, doc added a sedative to take to combat that, if and when. Japanese doctors love giving pills like candy. In fact, I still don't know what's really wrong with me, never been properly diagnosed. If I cut the booze out, it would be interesting to see the change. I drink due to boredom. I work away and don't see my family very often, and my creative energy or gumption to do anything worthwhile is nil right now.

If I'm not mistaken anti-depressants are contraindicated for someone with bipolar disorder. I think you should mention that to your doctor.

If I'm not mistaken anti-depressants are contraindicated for someone with bipolar disorder. I think you should mention that to your doctor.

i wasnt aware of that... i guess thats why instead of having mania and low flux times, i just feel down all the time now. will look into that, thx.

Lay off the drugs

i think the point being made is that many medications, especially those taken on empty stomach, have a tendency to cause nausea. since we don't know what you're on it's merely wild speculation at this point.

exactly.

and btw... i'd never even use the term "illicit drugs" in any situation ever. period. i said "lay off the drugs" meaning especially recreational or un-prescribed(or self prescribed) pharms, so you said you're way ahead of me, then that you often wake at 4am to take medication. so here i think we've hit on a possible cause... medication, drugs, whatever you like to call them... whether prescribed specifically for you or not, recreational or not... i'm pretty sure the instructions on whatever medication you're taking don't say to get up at 4am and take some an hour and a half before you need to get up to go to work. i'd be happy to be educated otherwise on the matter. and while you're at it instead of being arsey and calling me weak minded for no reason at all you could divulge what it is that you get up and take cos it sounds fucking relevant to your problem... if it's anti-depressants i'm fairly sure you're better taking those at the same time every day and definately not on an empty stomach (as theSun said). and like i said before, if it's sleepers you take, no shit you wake up groggy.

regular as clockwork

regular as clockwork

Trick question, gaylord.

Lay off the drugs

exactly.

and btw... i'd never even use the term "illicit drugs" in any situation ever. period. i said "lay off the drugs" meaning especially recreational or un-prescribed(or self prescribed) pharms, so you said you're way ahead of me, then that you often wake at 4am to take medication. so here i think we've hit on a possible cause... medication, drugs, whatever you like to call them... whether prescribed specifically for you or not, recreational or not... i'm pretty sure the instructions on whatever medication you're taking don't say to get up at 4am and take some an hour and a half before you need to get up to go to work. i'd be happy to be educated otherwise on the matter. and while you're at it instead of being arsey and calling me weak minded for no reason at all you could divulge what it is that you get up and take cos it sounds fucking relevant to your problem... if it's anti-depressants i'm fairly sure you're better taking those at the same time every day and definately not on an empty stomach (as theSun said). and like i said before, if it's sleepers you take, no shit you wake up groggy.

OK. Sorry. You aren't "weak-minded." You are "simple-minded."

You seem to be pretty sure of a bunch of things you know nothing about. What basis do you have for assuming I wasn't directed to wake up at 4 AM and take the medication by my doctor?

Archived