oscillik

Guest Lucy Faringold

"so you're basically paying about £25 for a piece of card and a poster."

And 100 mp3s, surely?

Don't see the problem here.

"so you're basically paying about £25 for a piece of card and a poster."

And 100 mp3s, surely?

Don't see the problem here.

still a rip off in my opinion, when ICASEA managed to sell 76 MP3s/FLACs (your choice at no extra cost) for £7.

http://icasea.bandcamp.com/album/benefit-compilation-for-japan

i'd also like to point out that there is no tracklist for the Bleep compilation.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Everyone's gotta try new angles to make some dough these days. Fancily-printed bits of card may just add enough of a tangible element for some people to think about giving one as a gift. Those photos do remind me of the business card scene in American psycho though.

"Silian Rail?"

Everyone's gotta try new angles to make some dough these days. Fancily-printed bits of card may just add enough of a tangible element for some people to think about giving one as a gift. Those photos do remind me of the business card scene in American psycho though.

"Silian Rail?"

look at the off white colouring. oh god, it even has a watermark.

I think this is the latest in a long line of 'tricks' that Warp/Bleep have been doing to come across as having some sort of perceived value or exclusivity. There were reports that many retailers were being told by Warp/Bleep that the Oversteps Deluxe Box set was a 'strictly limited' affair, which proved not to be the case at all. Then there was the whole Warp20 debacle with regard to the unheard tracks and their supposed exclusivity to the box set. There have been other instances too, but I can't remember off the top of my head as I'm currently embroiled in another heated debate on another forum yes i have no life.

Oversteps deluxe box set?

These were never really my thing but 50 cents per track is a pretty good price for FLACs. It's a gift idea. I know if I got this as a gift under the tree I would be very appreciative. But I feel what you're saying with Warp trying to get all "boutique" with their products.

These were never really my thing but 50 cents per track is a pretty good price for FLACs. It's a gift idea. I know if I got this as a gift under the tree I would be very appreciative. But I feel what you're saying with Warp trying to get all "boutique" with their products.

http://warp.net/reco...s-european-tour

Oversteps announcement including the Deluxe edition

I still say that compared to the ICASEA compilation, the Bleep 100 offer is not good value for money, and Warp/Bleep most definitely are pushing it.

edit: no idea why url tags aren't working properly here :-/

Good afternoon Lord oscillik

I believe the card is to be used as a gift for christmas. Last year I asked my sister to get me the 2010 version, so there was something she could pass to me on christmas morning. Got the card, got the code, got 100 tracks. Turned on, tuned in and dropped out if you like.

See there is a method to the madness!

I still say that compared to the ICASEA compilation, the Bleep 100 offer is not good value for money, and Warp/Bleep most definitely are pushing it.

Oh, right. I forgot that was supposed to be limited. I don't pay much attention to vinyl I'm afraid.

It's wack to compare the prices of only slightly similar digital releases to one another. I mean there's plenty of decent free electronic music online for download too, does that mean that charging any money at all is a "rip off"?

I'm confused why comparing the price of one comp to another with entirely different tracks is a fair comparison. I mean Bleep is a store. They're just trying to see what works for the holidays I suppose.

Oh, right. I forgot that was supposed to be limited. I don't pay much attention to vinyl I'm afraid.

It's wack to compare the prices of only slightly similar digital releases to one another. I mean there's plenty of decent free electronic music online for download too, does that mean that charging any money at all is a "rip off"?

I'm confused why comparing the price of one comp to another with entirely different tracks is a fair comparison. I mean Bleep is a store. They're just trying to see what works for the holidays I suppose.

well the vinyl wasn't limited...that's my point - Warp/Bleep were telling 3rd party retailers that it was limited, and then those retailers were advertising it as limited.

as for comparing - the ICASEA comp is 76 tracks. only 24 less tracks than the Bleep one. there's no slightly similar here, they're very similar.

anyway. i personally think it's a rip off, and i shall not be buying.

It's called differentiated pricing.

They know they have a market for the bleep top 100 thingy.

The ICASEA is not just for the regular market - they're trying that lower price cause that's probably the sweet spot. Additionally, they're not trying to recover any overhead, or distribute any monies to artists off the ICASEA comp.

It's called differentiated pricing.

They know they have a market for the bleep top 100 thingy.

The ICASEA is not just for the regular market - they're trying that lower price cause that's probably the sweet spot. Additionally, they're not trying to recover any overhead, or distribute any monies to artists off the ICASEA comp.

point taken.

i still personally think it's a rip off.

well the vinyl wasn't limited...that's my point - Warp/Bleep were telling 3rd party retailers that it was limited, and then those retailers were advertising it as limited.

as for comparing - the ICASEA comp is 76 tracks. only 24 less tracks than the Bleep one. there's no slightly similar here, they're very similar.

Well, they're very similar in that they are MUSIC, but they are not at all similar in that they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MUSIC.

I bet you could hop on Ebay right now and pick up the entire Spin Doctors discography for like 12 cents. It's just that that doesn't really prove anything.

Well, they're very similar in that they are MUSIC, but they are not at all similar in that they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MUSIC.

I bet you could hop on Ebay right now and pick up the entire Spin Doctors discography for like 12 cents. It's just that that doesn't really prove anything.

oh yeah you're right, i forgot - everything Warp/Bleep put out is 100% guaranteed QUALITY

:rolleyes:

The chances are I will have purchased at least 20% of the included tracks on here throughout the year anyway, if it is a "best-of" 2011 compilation in terms of their best sellers / biggest hyped releases.

Last years compilation - http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=27660

An R&S / mu / warp wankfest that probably includes too much dubstep for the average WATMM member anyway

Pretty sure they did the same thing last year, announcing the The 100 Best Tracks promotion first and then putting up the actual tracklist a few weeks later.

I don't find it a ripoff so much as being disturbing that people will blindly let Bleep be arbiters of what's the 'best' of a given year and then pay money to get a compilation of those tracks. Like felch said, probably a wankfest.

Pretty sure they did the same thing last year, announcing the The 100 Best Tracks promotion first and then putting up the actual tracklist a few weeks later.

I don't find it a ripoff so much as being disturbing that people will blindly let Bleep be arbiters of what's the 'best' of a given year and then pay money to get a compilation of those tracks. Like felch said, probably a wankfest.

i can get behind that

The posts after the op look like a dick-swinging.

In regards to Bleep 100's, I never ever buy them, but I like to sift through them and find new artists.

Last year I discovered Deerhunter and Lorn.

i can get behind that

If you can't get behind a wankfest, you're not a proper watmmer.

i can get behind that

If you can't get behind a wankfest, you're not a proper watmmer.

massive lol boner index

edit: no seriously, i really needed a good chuckle (frustrating issues on a rather serious Galaxy Nexus hardware issue that i'm discussing)

thanks man :beer:

so... why no tracklist? I wanna know what I'm looking to get before I consider it, because chances are I already have much of the selections already

Archived