IGNORED

Black Mirror

YO303

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the 2nd one more than the first, it held my attention More.

But so far I enjoyed the first series last year than this one.

Yeah this one was more interesting, however the latest episode was rushed at the beginning, I just kept thinking to myself "why doesn't see try to change the channel etc etc..? I found this series so far to be great ideas but poor execution.

I'm not completely sure why but I found last nights episode offensive to people with mental health issues? maybe that's just me reading into certain things too much...

Guest RadarJammer

am i watching a different program?

"you know how these days people seem to be happy to watch mind numbing drivel and film incidents on their phones instead of intervening? well what if..."

"you know how these days there's an app or site for pretty much everything and people seem to live their lives online so dependent on technology? well what if..."

all i see is woeful acting (the girl last night!) and flimsy story lines... they're like conversations down the pub milked all the way to your screen...

funnily enough for the work of one of the most cynical fuckers on the planet i'm going to have to be a cynical fucker and say even though this might be exponentially better than all other uk tv drama available right now, it's still shit. they might have spent a fortune making it, but it still looks and feels cheap to me.

"now go away!"

+1+1+1+1

not sure what happened between season 1 and 2 but I can't just sit there and let the tv spoon feed me this dry oatmeal

am i watching a different program?

"you know how these days people seem to be happy to watch mind numbing drivel and film incidents on their phones instead of intervening? well what if..."

"you know how these days there's an app or site for pretty much everything and people seem to live their lives online so dependent on technology? well what if..."

all i see is woeful acting (the girl last night!) and flimsy story lines... they're like conversations down the pub milked all the way to your screen...

funnily enough for the work of one of the most cynical fuckers on the planet i'm going to have to be a cynical fucker and say even though this might be exponentially better than all other uk tv drama available right now, it's still shit. they might have spent a fortune making it, but it still looks and feels cheap to me.

"now go away!"

+1+1+1+1

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

ugh this weeks episode was terrible. the actress was bad at crying which made me wonder how she got cast as she cried the entire time. i was excited to see tires from spaced but he couldn't save it. it really made no sense. a justice park? come on. it's hardly even a punishment if you wipe her brain everyday.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

after reading your comments it seems everyone liked the 2nd episode (except for people who hate it all). I liked the first episode alot more than the 2nd. oddly

some people liked this one a bit more than the first but nobody actually seeems to like any of this... season. that's how i remember it anyway.

Seems like some people aren't really understanding the message behind episode 2 and merely rate it on entertainment value. There's definitely an important message for society in there, and I thought it was delivered quite well.

Seems like some people aren't really understanding the message behind episode 2

or episode 1

or any of last season/series

or perhaps you occupy an incredibly lofty internet tower.

i'm surprised you can see us plebs considering you're above the clouds.

or episode 1

nobody here saw what the first episode [seemed to me to be] about, which makes me think that I'm watching this show for different reasons than other people.

Seems like some people aren't really understanding the message behind episode 2 and merely rate it on entertainment value. There's definitely an important message for society in there, and I thought it was delivered quite well.

Should i rate the episode solely on the message behind it?

These ideas aren't new and i think we all get the message.

or episode 1

That's a really unproductive remark right there. There was no need for that.

I can only judge people's grasp of a socially relevant message behind the episode if they discuss it. It's clearly not that important to most in this thread who barely even touch on discussing the message. I think it is good that Brooker made episode 2 in the sense that I think it will get people to question certain things to do with the criminal justice system and the public response to people who break the law. It doesn't matter to me whether Brooker intentionally want to spark such a discussion or not - what matters is that it will at least get some people thinking a little more critically about things.

Should i rate the episode solely on the message behind it?

These ideas aren't new and i think we all get the message.

Again - if people don't discuss a particular message behind the episode, how can one conclude that people understood the sociological relevance involved? You assume everyone gets the message - what do you base that on?

or episode 1

I can only judge people's grasp of a socially relevant message behind the episode if they discuss it. It's clearly not that important to most in this thread who barely even touch on discussing the message. I think it is good that Brooker made episode 2 in the sense that I think it will get people to question certain things to do with the criminal justice system and the public response to people who break the law. It doesn't matter to me whether Brooker intentionally want to spark such a discussion or not - what matters is that it will at least get some people thinking a little more critically about things.

i'm discussing episode one of season two as a standalone product, though. the episodes are meant as standalone kinda things.

if you're to view it as-is, as a straight-up sci-fi drama thing set in the near future, other shows have tackled it better, even the futurama episode with the clonebots...

if you're going to extract some metaphor from it regarding seeing elements of ex-partners in present ones, i thought it was kinda ham-fisted.

but i was really just kinda getting at limpyloo's general kinda shitty attitude more than anything.

Guest RadarJammer

or episode 1

nobody here saw what the first episode [seemed to me to be] about, which makes me think that I'm watching this show for different reasons than other people.

It's an appropriate message for the younger generation and these episodes might give a 15 year something to think about but anyone who watched TV in the 90's is probably familiar with these cliche science fiction stories. I'm bored by them because they challenge my attention span not my intellect or imagination, which the first season did pretty well

or episode 1

i'm discussing episode one of season two as a standalone product, though. the episodes are meant as standalone kinda things.

if you're to view it as-is, as a straight-up sci-fi drama thing set in the near future, other shows have tackled it better, even the futurama episode with the clonebots...

if you're going to extract some metaphor from it regarding seeing elements of ex-partners in present ones, i thought it was kinda ham-fisted.

but i was really just kinda getting at limpyloo's general kinda shitty attitude more than anything.

OK no problem. To be honest I didn't really enjoy episode 1 all that much - and the message behind it was not as interesting to me as episode 2.

Archived