IGNORED

Black Mirror

YO303

Wow, this show is great.

Episode 1 reminds me of what Stockhausen said about 9/11 in regards to art and trying to changing the world.

It's so nice to find a show that actually wields the true Science Fiction ethos of extrapolating on the current world and projecting it into the future, where the seemingly-innocuous details of our culture are bloated in order to show their absurdity.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this. I'm amazed how Brooker finds the time to do this in between his newspaper column, books, Screenwipe, writing the second series of the 'A Touch of Cloth' and being a full time mum.

Writing 'A Touch Of Cloth' would wipe me out for at least a year. It's densely packed with some supreme gags. this guy is getting almost as prolific as Takashi Miike.

I met him once, he said it was disgraceful that I was having lunch and relaxing.

The first episode was a bit silly, but still great. The second and third episodes were spot on, especially the second.

best thing i've seen in years, haven't been this excited for a tv show since Paranoia Agent.

Also brookers weekly wipe starts on Tuesday (5th?) on bbc for anyone interested

It's even sooner than that - it's tomorrow !

Watch this space - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qh6w4

Swear in the magazine with boobies in i was browsing at dinner time it said it was Tuesday Cheers anyway i would have missed that other wise!!!

Guest Aserinsky

Well this is a very pleasant surprise! I didn't even know this show was starting up again, will be interesting to see how they merge everything (rather than it being Gameswipe, Newswipe etc.) into half an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RadarJammer

new ep was kind of a bummer. felt like a bad generic outer limits story updated for touchpad generation. maybe it was just too predictable after the first half, i bet it would have been pretty awesome as a half hour show

Guest Aserinsky

I'll admit it did feel a tad bit lackluster compared to the other series, but it's miles better than most shit on the television atm. There were also some real good moments in it:

The first time she speaks to him online and his initial reaction towards her being pregnant, as well as the lead up to the second sex scene were GODDAMN uncomfortable to watch

Plus you've also gotta give credit for the Herzog name dropping!

v9fNO3e.png

Expensive sex toy is all it was

Ha my mum called him a human sized vibrator. Made me laugh.

Yeah, what annoyed me was the fact she has a whole session of sex then said you freak me out?! err.... right but it was fine to have sex?

It fell a bit flat at the end for me, not too consistent.

Black mirror takes on a 'what if..' and turns it into a whole story, this is great however Charlie Brooker doesn't have the human touch as it were in his writing (a true understanding/observation of human emotions)

i turned it off too haha

dunno if you really did keltoi? but yeah

i did... thought it was total shite.

i've been enjoying 'utopia' a fair bit though.

new ep was kind of a bummer.

i turned over after 10 minutes.

:trollface:

ha. for once this entendre was accidental.

Preferred this to Utopia because it had better flow. Compared to the first series of BM the concept wasn't exactly the most original and the ending was pretty predictable but still watchable and kinda thought provoking as the credits roll. It would struggle to maintain the high standards of the first couple of episode of series one. This was more like the 3rd episode of series 1. Also saw the trailer for the next Monday's episode which looks better.

As for Utopia, imo they could have used a script editor to condense it down to 3 episodes. It just seems to be hipsters arguing and swearing at each other in episodes 2 & 3, not much flow despite a decent concept and nice colourful visuals.

Preferred this to Utopia because it had better flow. Compared to the first series of BM the concept wasn't exactly the most original and the ending was pretty predictable but still watchable and kinda thought provoking as the credits roll. It would struggle to maintain the high standards of the first couple of episode of series one. This was more like the 3rd episode of series 1. Also saw the trailer for the next Monday's episode which looks better.

As for Utopia, imo they could have used a script editor to condense it down to 3 episodes. It just seems to be hipsters arguing and swearing at each other in episodes 2 & 3, not much flow despite a decent concept and nice colourful visuals.

You lose points for doing that annoying thing where people randomly throw around the word 'hipster.'

Not as good at the previous episodes, but still watched it the whole way through and was greatly entertained throughout. Although it did get a bit tedious and predictable halfway through. Still, definetely looking forward to more episodes!

You lose points for doing that annoying thing where people randomly throw around the word 'hipster.'

Seriously.

I see no hipster on utopia.

Archived