IGNORED

turner prize winner 2011

keltoi

scottish bloke martin boyce won it with some modernist architecture inspired installation/sculpture. doesn't do much for me from the photos but maybe different in the flesh...

martin-boyce-turner-prize-winner-499469358.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16008970

what say the resident watmm art critics?

boyce says...

I guess it has something to do with hope and finding the poetic in the abject.

Oh I see, it's a reworked library table, and those pillars are supposed to be trees. Books are made from wood omg so amaze, poetry in nature, literally.

the other nominations were unremarkable too. a guy who painted realistic but boring scenes of his decaying home town, a boring video installation artist, a woman who scrunched up big bits of paper and threw powder paint around...

http://www.balticmill.com/whatsOn/future/ExhibitionDetail.php?exhibID=148

It's been a while since I went to an art show that made any sort of impact on me, it's all so complacent.

another keltoi hey lets diss quote art unquote thread

*sigh* indeed.

sorry if you find me so tiresome. do you have an opinion on this art here or not?

seems if i post something i like someone else disses it, if i post something i don't like i get dissed for dissing it.

*sigh*

I think that scrumpled up paper and suspended plastic instaillation looks pretty nice. Sorry wattem!

I like the Karla Black stuff - very ethereal.

The winning thing - a bit bland for my liking. Remember when it was at least shocking? mmm pickled cow.

Archived