IGNORED

Reading list recommendations for Eugene on the corruption of politics

awepittance

i think it would be an interesting experiment for all liberals or people who normally vote democrat to just spoil the republican primary. i dont see why this isn't more encouraged. In fact the republican pundits a lot of them claim that the only reason Paul has a chance is because everyone voting for him is secretly a liberal who's going to turn around and vote for Obama in 2012 anyways, so why dont we give them what they want?

I remain a registered republican in order to vote against far-right candidates in both local and national elections (you have to check it off on your voter card in Texas, last I checked). Then I vote for who I want in the actual election. Most of my friends who are registered dems, and not just run of the mill moderates or liberals, are delusional loyalists to that party's version of pandering bullshit anyway.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a horrific idea that Ron Paul is being supported on wide control through Reddit channels by people who genuinely think they're thinking critically when it is quite the opposite. The exact opposite. An upvote revolution. Constant mass hysteria and moronic snorting. Like angry rhinos...no control over emotion... no critical thought. NONE.

Embarrassing. Bullshit up and down the area. Does anybody remember the attempt for healthcare reform?

Whose fault is it that this reform didn't pass? the Tea Party? the 99% [nobody spoke up while Fox took over and their minions the violently brainwashed Tea Party animals basically shouted Obama and everyone else down...this genuine attempt to move the country forward. He has been dominated by them all the way since the beginning].

So, we don't care about moving the country forward through these channels? The healthcare reform... wasn't legitimate? These people are all evil... and Redditors and 99%ers are more intelligent than Tea Party members [wrong].

Does anybody remember the 'totally corporate fascist Nazi reptilian' Obama trying to pass this potentially progressive and 'hopeful' reform?

BULLSHIT

I'm sick of reading these ignorant comments and I have said them too. Nobody knows what they're talking about, very very few do.

People are clinging to conspiracy theory because it makes everything so much simpler.

'2 sides of the same coin'

bullshit.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES

no, not Reddit, not fucking MSNBC

read sources. search. learn. think.

I'm not just talking about news. I'm talking about POLITICS, how it works, what goes on. These simple conspirational and irritable worldviews require NO critical thinking.

I'm sick of it.

"The grassroots of America"

What bullshit. WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT.

These slimefucks care about nothing but money and their weapon is media brainwashing of low income uneducated working class idiots.

Obama is not one of these people. There are aspects of this inside of the Democratic side, but it's absolutely nowhere near the same amount in the GOP. People need to wake up and see the big picture and what's actually going on - no conspiracy theory. Simply a bunch of incompetence and a system that makes political change almost entirely impossible because of money influence, which is the only real 'conspiracy' going on. The 99% needs to consider this moving into 2012. Take aim at the serious problems like the Tea Party thought they were doing...

believe it or not, the Tea Party, driven by Fox News propaganda, were the true reason Health Care reform failed.

Instead of actually reading and learning and thinking and enthusiasm and ... actually giving a fuck, joining the system, making real difference... the 99.99% and Reddit community simply want to express extreme emotions and state their opinions over and over, grandstanding. It's bullshit. And I refuse to be a part of it any more.

just dont let ur brain think about that stuff then its impossible for someone to wash it imo plus its boring anyway im the only real politian

the israeli far-right-wingers would love for someone like paul to take the wheel and cease the meddling in israeli politics, without american involvement they would be free to make hell for palestinians, so if you hate palestinians vote paul ! :sup:

the israeli far-right-wingers would love for someone like paul to take the wheel and cease the meddling in israeli politics, without american involvement they would be free to make hell for palestinians, so if you hate palestinians vote paul ! :sup:

seriously?

Instead of actually reading and learning and thinking and enthusiasm and ... actually giving a fuck, joining the system, making real difference... the 99.99% and Reddit community simply want to express extreme emotions and state their opinions over and over, grandstanding. It's bullshit. And I refuse to be a part of it any more.

wtf are you on about?

Obama isn't a good president, sorry. I'm pretty sure anyone capable of critical thinking would understand that...awe and others have said plenty of times before, Obama got us into another war, violated the War Powers Act, extended the Pat Act, refused to close illegal foreign bases for interrogation, eyeing up a war in Iran, led drone strikes that killed an American citizen and his 16-year old son (also an American citizen) without due process,

oh but he tried to pass Healthcare. Shit, I forgot, he really is amazing. He tried something (and FUCKING FAILED despite having dem dominance of both houses)....the original plan was edited and torn apart to appease the repub jackasses in congress....You think I don't want fucking healthcare? You know what would be nice? If Obama passed the FUCKING PLAN HE ORIGINALLY PROPOSED.

How the fuck is Obama a strong president? Fucking seriously. Jesus Christ I'm not some insane Tea Partier; this doesn't require that much effort to realize that Obama's admin is fucking up the country just as much as any other president of the past two decades. Can you blame someone for wanting to vote for a voice that hasn't been heard in popular politics for quite some time? I'd be more than willing to vote Democrat if the Democrat actually had a pair instead of sucking off big-business as usual.

eugene - if Ron Paul gets into power - you can kiss all that sweet american funding plus deals on arms goodbye. If he gets his wish (he won't) and goes full isolationist, Iran wipes Israel off the map.

Smetty - nailed it.

seriously?

yep

to chengod, usa needs those 3 billion dollars of yearly aid to israel much more than israel needs it itself, if vaanunu was right iran won't last a day against israel, even paul seems to believe that israel can handle itself.

anyway, is there a website that simply summarizes what obama promised and what he delivered ?

I'd be more than willing to vote Democrat if the Democrat actually had a pair instead of sucking off big-business as usual.

Do you not think that is completely ludicrous though? If they aren't sucking off big business then they aren't going to have a chance of becoming president.

no its not ludicrous.

Everyone seems to be comfortable with the "lesser of two evils" paradigm, which conversely means you need to be comfortable with the fact that every successive choice between two evils gets worse and worse. Give an inch, and they take a mile.

If everyone needs to be in the pocket of big business to become electable, then most of American voters aren't represented in government, so why even vote? Its like giving the boss a bonus for taking yours away.

Yeah what i'm getting at is you are essentially saying the only democrat you would vote for would be one that has no chance of becoming president and i see your point about giving an inch and they take a mile. I would just echo the question why even vote, currently. Until the role big business/media has in all this becomes the central focus for the majority of the population, we're doomed.

Everyone seems to be comfortable with the "lesser of two evils" paradigm, which conversely means you need to be comfortable with the fact that every successive choice between two evils gets worse and worse. Give an inch, and they take a mile.

If everyone needs to be in the pocket of big business to become electable, then most of American voters aren't represented in government, so why even vote? Its like giving the boss a bonus for taking yours away.

I completely agree and have been very depressed by that second paragraph for a couple of years now.

Just curious, who do you think you'll vote for or do you think you'll vote at all? I don't think I can force myself to vote for Obama this time, and the republicans are all too conservative for me. I'm waiting to see who the Green Party elects, but it's hard to get excited about voting for a party who cannot win.

If he gets his wish (he won't) and goes full isolationist, Iran wipes Israel off the map.

i'm guessing you are being sarcastic, but just in case people here still think that's what Iran wants to do needs to read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2006/jun/14/post155

the new york times translated it like that on purpose to give fuel to the american neocons, and it worked pretty goddam well

it's been said to death but it's true: your vote is meaningless.

yes it really is, our first step to becoming a more evolved nation is to come to terms with the fact that our electoral system is entirely rigged. The only reason it seems like we have true democracy still is because the rigging aspect of it is some of the most sophisticated in the world. America is having waged on it 24/7 the most sophisticated information war the world has ever seen.

i rarely care what celebrities think about the government, but given that most of them wanted to see Obama get elected i found this quote interesting

The actor, a longtime supporter of the Democratic Party and onetime Obama advocate, reveals frustration with the administration in his wide-ranging interview.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level,” says Damon. “One of them said to me, ‘Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician.’”

Damon then gets even more direct with his own criticism.

“You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of this country, much better,” argues the
We Bought a Zoo
star.

He adds, “If the Democrats think that they didn’t have a mandate – people are literally without any focus or leadership, just wandering out into the streets to yell right now because they are so pissed off.”

“Imagine if they had a leader,” wonders Damon.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

We need to elect someone that has no connections to huge corporations.

impossible #getmoneyout #rootstrikers

yes it really is, our first step to becoming a more evolved nation is to come to terms with the fact that our electoral system is entirely rigged. The only reason it seems like we have true democracy still is because the rigging aspect of it is some of the most sophisticated in the world. America is having waged on it 24/7 the most sophisticated information war the world has ever seen.

do you believe the machines are rigged or the voters are tricked by ads etc. i think you meant the 2nd and i agree. anyone ho votes for obama now (his approval rating somehow went up after NDAA non veto) is still in the mindset of 2 party system/better than a republican

If only half the intelligence, money, effort, and time were spent in a truly democratic process solving real problems, and not being thrown away in these fucking elections. It really dumbfounds me and I haven't met someone who can answer this question. it's simple!

If only half the intelligence, money, effort, and time were spent in a truly democratic process solving real problems, and not being thrown away in these fucking elections. It really dumbfounds me and I haven't met someone who can answer this question. it's simple!

+1

maybe if it was a question....

Archived