IGNORED

Amon Tobin - Box Set

crono3

• 2 months later...
Guest CraniumXII

Well... The extra material is definitely a nice surprise... I actually didn't look much into this, and simply thought this was a compilation of all his work. But as everyone is saying...

Dat price!! :wtf:

For the record... Isam wasn't that bad when I heard it... but I only listened to it a couple of times.

But as everyone is saying...

Dat price!! :wtf:

The thing is, it's one shit load of material -

2 DVDs, both around an hour each (the live DVD being dual layered and having an HD version of the live set)

7 CDs, ditto about an hour each

and 6x10'', just over an hour total

So you've got over 10 hours worth of stuff, for (what I paid for it) 90 squid and that's not including all the bonus downloads that you get with the purchase. I paid £40 for 15 minutes with Analord 10 back in the day so .....

Guest CraniumXII

Yup... not arguing the value of what you're receiving, so much as having to spend all that cheese at once.

Being a bit frugal at the moment. Still, I would love to have that in my collection...

Piranha Breaks... MMmmm :happy:

and 6x10'', just over an hour total

I always wonder why does everyone nowadays waste so much space on records? For the sake of quality? Most of my old records have, like, 20~ minutes of music on each side

Guest ruiagnelo

I wish these boxset things had a musical theme, more than just an aesthetic theme sufficiently well accomplished to hide the fact that they are just dumping random old tracks, 50 second experiments and a thousand remixes and reconstructions into cds and vinyls.

Sorry for the complaint, as i didn't even heard this yet, besides the Rarities section, but i confess that these boxset things make me feel like i could never be a die-hard fan of any artist.

I always wonder why does everyone nowadays waste so much space on records? For the sake of quality?

Probably, anything over (about) 18 minutes on a 12'' (pressed at 33 1/3) and you start to reduce sound quality

Seen it before when it was advertised and the problem as usual- you have to buy it blind. no previews nothing. For that price I really want to have a little idea what I will get for that amount of money.

Archived