IGNORED

mission to mars is announced: would you go?

kaini

Well?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go?

• YES
    • NO

Definitely no. Shouldn't we try to leave better together before we go to space and fuck it all ?

(right there, insert an excellent robert-crumb-drawing-which-I-can't-find-on-the-internet on that precise matter)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how people are like 'i wanna go cos i'll get a street named after me'. Is that something every man desires? and It can only be achieved by space travel

That's not the only reason. It's more about the rush, the adaptation and the backwardness of the act.

Obviously it would to be a pioneer and going to ANOTHER FUCKING PLANET! To be one of the first humans to ever see a martian sunrise and watch the bright speck in the night sky and say "that's where I came from". Who wouldn't want to do that?

Guest disparaissant

nah, mixture of "but my loved ones" and "we should stop fucking up this planet first."

i might change my mind if i got a +1

Azatoth - I would totally do it if I could take my wife and kid. In a heartbeat. But if I'm forced to choose between my family and space exploration? Well that's no choice at all.

credit cards might get you in space yeah. couple million o' bucks will get you a ride.

but i'll say. you have too much baggage to be real astro traveller.

But if I'm forced to choose between my family and space exploration? Well that's no choice at all.

yea my choices would be:

a) me and my kid go to mars

2) my wife goes to mars

Can't think of anything more boring than going to space

Can't think of anything more boring than going to space

LUDD apparently has never heard of Arcturian Poontang

usage:

Frost: Hey, I sure wouldn't mind getting some more of that Arcturian poontang! Remember that time?

Spunkmeyer: Yeah, Frost, but the one that you had was a male!

Frost: It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!

Sign me up.

But if I'm forced to choose between my family and space exploration? Well that's no choice at all.

yea my choices would be:

a) me and my kid go to mars

2) my wife goes to mars

*married guy high-five!*

*sad wolf*

by the way if anyone's looking for a very realistic take on this, i'd recommend kim stanley robinson's mars trilogy. it is by far the most realistic account of the colonisation of mars ever written; it reads like an historical novel in places.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

are the 99 people hot girls

is there pizza

are there dune buggies

are there those plants from the robert heinlein book that eat you

can i bring my dog (also like the robert heinlein book wiht the plants)

i coulda sworn that there were a few post related to if people would bone, but it seems they've been deleted under the new regime

people would be encouraged to bone, and we'd be aiming for a 50/50 m/f split.

you can't bring your dog but maybe when a colony was established you could have him shipped?

there would be pizza eventually. and perhaps some form of dune buggies eventually.

no creepy space-plants. mars is dead or dead-ish.

Archived