IGNORED

Christ. Albums & EPs reissued with Bonus Tracks!!!

Goiter Sanchez

I couldn't find a topic about this already so I figured it had just slipped under the radar... Christ. has recently made his entire Benbecula catalog available for rock-bottom prices (£1 for EPs and between £2-£3 for Albums) on his Bandcamp page! Each release now comes with a bonus track, many of which are formerly unreleased. The bonus tracks cannot be individually downloaded and can only be acquired if the entire release is downloaded, though it's hardly a big deal at these prices...

http://christmusic.bandcamp.com/

I've downloaded and listened to all the bonus tracks and will detail them for you here since they are not listed on his Bandcamp (but I will not respond to PM requests for the files just so you know). I also put pages for these digital reissue editions on Discogs today.

'Pylonesque EP' gets 'Pylonesque (Mix 2)'.

'Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle' gets 'One Sunny Cloudy Day'.

'Seeing And Doing' gets 'Moxley Moy (Original 4-Track)'

'Blue Shift Emissions' gets 'Happyfour Twenty (Remixed By Prhizzm)'

'Bike' gets 'Ritalin (Original 4-Track)'

'Distance Lends Enchantment To The View' gets 'Tomorrow's World'

'Live' gets 'Ganky (Remixed By Greenbank)'

'Ritalin (Original 4-Track)' in particular is a fantastic track with nicely distorted drums over chilled, melancholy synths. Listening to this older material one can more easily distinguish Christ.'s hands at work on parts of Twoism; especially 'Basefree' which he must've had a huge influence over I feel. 'Tomorrow's World' is also easily one of his best tracks yet with a similar aesthetic to the aforementioned 'Ritalin', but with markedly more refined production and matured composition.

Where's the best entry point to Christ.'s music? I vaguely recall "Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle" being mentioned here but don't recall exactly...

Super awesome - more artists need to do stuff like this!

Agreed 110%. I'm way more inclined to buy digitally from bandcamp because all formats are the same price and those prices are much more in line with what it costs to distribute music in the digital age. I'd be curious to know how exactly the 12.99 $/£/€ gets split (artist, label, site overheads, etc.) on the sale of a flac album off bleep or boomkat.

I downloaded a few of these a while ago, and apart from Ritalin I was disappointed with the 'surprise' bonus tracks as I already have them apart from the remix of Ganky. Still, if you don't have any of the actual albums they're a steal at tthose prices.

i kinda hoped he'd up the pre-pylonesque releases.

I seem to remember him saying that the masters were either lost or knackered, or it wasn't viable to remaster them.

awesome, while i do have everything christ i am considering buying them all again for the bonus tracks. i hope he is planning a new release at some point.

and yea, while we are at it, please release some early stuff!

Archived