IGNORED

Tribute Album to Incomplete Skyscrapers

Root5

I wonder if anyone has copies of some of the previous albums. I only have the LHC and Nikola Tesla ones. :(

It would be really cool if WATMM pulled together and made somewhere where you could get all the albums from in one place...

I 2nd this. The Electronic Tribute to Antarctica is pure class and to my knowledge cannot be downloaded from anywhere at the moment.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest placidburp

I wonder if anyone has copies of some of the previous albums. I only have the LHC and Nikola Tesla ones. :(

Just uploaded the WATMM Antarctica one. Do the others need uploading? If so I will get them up tomorrow.

Download

Guest extherium

Just uploaded the WATMM Antarctica one. Do the others need uploading? If so I will get them up tomorrow.

Download

Cheers for this!

And yeah, absolutely, the other ones need uploading too. Tribute to TR-808 and were there any others?

I've had a search around and all I could find were some broken links.

Guest placidburp

Download

Cheers for this!

And yeah, absolutely, the other ones need uploading too. Tribute to TR-808 and were there any others?

Dont have the TR-808 one! Got the Tesla and LHC though, are they down too?

Download

Cheers for this!

Dont have the TR-808 one! Got the Tesla and LHC though, are they down too?

lhc is still up here: http://www.archive.org/compress/fu006

and tesla is here: http://worldsmostrecords.bandcamp.com/

thanks for the antarctica upload. didn't have that one.

Guest placidburp

why not make a bandcamp page for watmm compilations???

It would be great promotion.

I think you are limited to how many downloads you get if they are free releases! Could be wrong...

^Does that apply to "pay whatever you want including $0"? Because if no then we could do that & if anyone actually paid money for it it could go to...iunno, WATMM server fees or something to keep it fair.

Guest placidburp

I think it still does, I uploaded an EP the other week and it said I only had 400ish downloads or something, and that was the 'name your price' option.

^Does that apply to "pay whatever you want including $0"? Because if no then we could do that & if anyone actually paid money for it it could go to...iunno, WATMM server fees or something to keep it fair.

Yes, it does. if someone pays $0, it counts as one of the 1000 free downloads.

edit: beat to it

Guest arbee

I'll try to submit something for this compilation. the bandcamp thing is a good idea, but we do have to deal with the free download limits.

if we had like $0.50 donation per download, we could get chatmm back and the hosted downloads.... jus' sayin......

This would be a very good idea imo. Who doesn't have 50c to spare?

edit: then again it'd probably be swallowed up by paypal fees and bandcamp revenue or whatever

That would be a great idea. I don't know if Joyrex would want to put the watmm name on it though.

Free downloads is like 200 per month. I believe it goes up to $5 when it is exceeded.

One thing's for sure. The first compilation (Deep Sea Creatures) is off limits for hosting. I tried to get permission from FMcG last year and he said no.

That would be a great idea. I don't know if Joyrex would want to put the watmm name on it though.

Free downloads is like 200 per month. I believe it goes up to $5 when it is exceeded.

One thing's for sure. The first compilation (Deep Sea Creatures) is off limits for hosting. I tried to get permission from FMcG last year and he said no.

I can't see any reason why not if we were to lobby for it. As slightlydrybeans said, it would be great promotion for WATMM, as it would show that we have some very original, talented resident artists (as opposed to people getting the impression that it's the Twoism of AFX or whatever.) Also, it would show that we have an active & cohesive community with activities to participate in, such as the Most IDM competition, Christmas compilations, etc.

also, that's a shame that Fred didn't want it hosted. Honestly it seems pretty unfair to everyone else that participated to make it off limits like that, but I guess there's not really much to do about it. Would PMing users the compilation fall under that as well? *cough cough*

also, that's a shame that Fred didn't want it hosted. Honestly it seems pretty unfair to everyone else that participated to make it off limits like that, but I guess there's not really much to do about it. Would PMing users the compilation fall under that as well? *cough cough*

Fred McGriff released it as a physical CDr on his label, so he probably just wants to keep it exclusive (even though it's close-to-impossible to get now). I ripped Zephyr Nova's copy to my HD about a year back and it is great!

Guest extherium

These compilations are so good, I'd definitely spend a few dollars on them each from Bandcamp. Proceeds go towards this site as donations. Don't see the problem. :)

Archived