IGNORED

Just an unofficial heads up.

pcock

Guest sirch

Don't know about you but entering the BoC subforum nowadays is like creeping into a secret garden or a quiet castle via creaky. cobwebbed, rusty iron gates. Even the owls over the hills and far away, blink and look in the direction of the noise and all the creatures of the forest shudder to a stop and then dart back to their burrows.

Well I wish the Sandisons would have a gut full of tequila and decide to something. I mean what the fuck is actually going on ffs. Oh sorry its some sort of masterplan...ah I geddit. Yeah that's it we are like in an episode of fucking Lost. Nobody actually has a fucking clue what going on. And maybe the end result will be a massive pile of fucking horseshit? More than likely. Though being honest thats not true because I want it to be the greatest thing (apart from Jesus) to be concieved.

So why don't mdg, Beckett, and Team Sandison drink a fucking bucket of tequila, and pull your god damn finger out?

Aphex is supposed to be the most awkward sod in the realm of music. At least he plays a few gigs for his friends and releases a few tunes too.

What is your problem exactly?

jesus christ, man

:facepalm:

:boc:

:emotawesomepm9:

fs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about you but entering the BoC subforum nowadays is like creeping into a secret garden or a quiet castle via creaky. cobwebbed, rusty iron gates. Even the owls over the hills and far away, blink and look in the direction of the noise and all the creatures of the forest shudder to a stop and then dart back to their burrows.

Well I wish the Sandisons would have a gut full of tequila and decide to something. I mean what the fuck is actually going on ffs. Oh sorry its some sort of masterplan...ah I geddit. Yeah that's it we are like in an episode of fucking Lost. Nobody actually has a fucking clue what going on. And maybe the end result will be a massive pile of fucking horseshit? More than likely. Though being honest thats not true because I want it to be the greatest thing (apart from Jesus) to be concieved.

So why don't mdg, Beckett, and Team Sandison drink a fucking bucket of tequila, and pull your god damn finger out?

Because besides any imaginary deadlines concocted by mdg and fans, there hasn't been an official "We're releasing the new Boards of Canada album, "_______ __ ______ ___" on "xx/xx/xxxx"?

Can't say they're delaying anything they haven't said they would be releasing, can we?

corrected for accuracies sake.

It was a drunken post. Just trying to inject some life that's all. A bit of mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Probably a waste of time

Hey Ho

Looking for a wrestle in the BoC subforum :biggrin:

Guest sirch

It was a drunken post. Just trying to inject some life that's all. A bit of mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Probably a waste of time

Hey Ho

Looking for a wrestle in the BoC subforum :biggrin:

you should stop posting when you're drunk! lol ;)

Because besides any imaginary deadlines concocted by mdg and fans, there hasn't been an official "We're releasing the new Boards of Canada album, "_______ __ ______ ___" on "xx/xx/xxxx"?

Can't say they're delaying anything they haven't said they would be releasing, can we?

You're not accurate either - mdg has never given a specific date.

I am accurate

edit for clarification: you said 'imaginary deadlines'.... saying it's coming in 2010 sounds like a deadline to me, uttered by mdg

I am accurate

edit for clarification: you said 'imaginary deadlines'.... saying it's coming in 2010 sounds like a deadline to me, uttered by mdg

Stating a year's window for a release date is hardly a deadline, nor is it accurate - at the time mdg said that, it's reasonable to assume that was the plan, but as we all know, those plans, for whatever reasons, changed. I could see you having a point if he said "October 2010 for certain" or something like that, which he did not. Try again.

must be hard for mdg if everything you said even in a chat will be stored in a wiki until the end of time. I would not like to be him. Even if had access to inside BoC knowledge by that

must be hard for mdg if everything you said even in a chat will be stored in a wiki until the end of time. I would not like to be him. Even if had access to inside BoC knowledge by that

And people wonder why he doesn't post/say more...

I feel so sorry for him. poor guy

and in the end he gets it from all sides: BoC hate him for making fans angry. Fans hate him for false information. He is angry because BoC made him believe in false information he could not control

Guest sirch

and in the end he gets it from all sides: BoC hate him for making fans angry. Fans hate him for false information. He is angry because BoC made him believe in false information he could not control

lol i'm sure it's really not that big of a deal to BoC or mdg, or the rest of the entire world in fact!

only to watmm.

BoC still let him update their Facebook... so i doubt BoC give a shit, tbh.

only watmm... oh and Twoism!

all the mdg hate is daft. he's only Human. not like some watmm'ers who seem to be more like fucking machines than Human Beings.

lol i'm sure it's really not that big of a deal to BoC or mdg, or the rest of the entire world in fact!

only to watmm.

BoC still let him update their Facebook... so i doubt BoC give a shit, tbh.

only watmm... oh and Twoism!

all the mdg hate is daft. he's only Human. not like some watmm'ers who seem to be more like fucking machines than Human Beings.

I'm not sure I understand the last part

I am accurate

Stating a year's window for a release date is hardly a deadline, nor is it accurate - at the time mdg said that, it's reasonable to assume that was the plan, but as we all know, those plans, for whatever reasons, changed. I could see you having a point if he said "October 2010 for certain" or something like that, which he did not. Try again.

Why are you trying to deflect blame away from mdg here? Are you actually, honestly and truthfully, saying that mdg is in no way responsible for the expectations (no matter how justified) that the fans had for an album release? If so, you are being intentionally ignorant. As I quoted, mdg had in fact given a deadline (definition there since you seem to be ignoring that too) which, regardless of it's (the deadline's) accuracy, had set expectations in certain fans. This is because people like yourself, and the admins of twoism.org have imbued mdg with the status of an informal representative. As such, timescales he says absolutely will be expected by the fans, and if said timescales are exceeded, then people will absolutely have had their expectations not met. Whether you think the fans were right to have such expectations is irrelevant, because as I have already mentioned - mdg has been imbued with a status that gives his words authoritative status.

I can appreciate mdg's difficult position, however considering the cult-like following surrounding the band (due to their own doing), the best course of action would've been to simply have not said anything.

And people wonder why he doesn't post/say more...

I don't wonder why he doesn't post anymore, it's plainly obvious why he doesn't post here anymore. And I don't blame him for not posting here anymore and in fact encourage the holding back of information pertinent to 'impending' releases. He has been, is, and likely always will be in a very difficult position whenever he posts information wherever he may post it regarding the band. But as I said earlier, especially with something like an 'impending' release, it was very obviously better to just keep quiet.

Regardless of my dogged sticking to the facts here (and yes, they are facts - he mentioned a deadline, simple as that), I am only doing so in the interests of factual history. I don't hate mdg at all. I just think he should've known better than to give even an inkling of incoming Boards of Canada material. As the band said: the internet is evil.

Heh. My original plot to unleash mayhem seems to be working.

The poor creatures of the wood are deep within their burrows and the owl has well and truely fucked off to pastures new.

Guest sirch

The poor creatures of the wood are deep within their burrows and the owl has well and truely fucked off to pastures new.

lol...

w.t.f.

what do u drink when u drink, beerwolf? :) just wondering like...

lol...

w.t.f.

what do u drink when u drink, beerwolf? :) just wondering like...

lsd martinis

or special brew with a side order of cocaine

everyday sort of stuff you get from the cornershop

Regardless of my dogged sticking to the facts here (and yes, they are facts - he mentioned a deadline, simple as that), I am only doing so in the interests of factual history. I don't hate mdg at all. I just think he should've known better than to give even an inkling of incoming Boards of Canada material. As the band said: the internet is evil.

you ARE mdg! i knew it!

:cerious:

Archived