IGNORED

Just an unofficial heads up.

pcock

Can you possibly deny that there is an intentional effort, on behalf of either MDG, Warp, or the brothers themselves to give as little information as possible when making online statements, and to maintain a character that is defined by an aurora of mystery?

Because that counts as fucking with your fans, especially when they're desperate for news/material (and very obviously so).

Trust me, they have little time and much better things to devote themselves to than worry about promoting themselves online and keeping fans up to date with the latest happenings. It's not that they don't care, it's just their focus is on the music and their lives, not the public image of the band and it's relationship with the fans.

Unfortunately for fans, Boards are probably one of the most internet-phobic groups out there, so expecting them to behave like most bands today is an exercise in frustration. The last thing Boards would do is intentionally tease fans.

It's funny though - nobody's gnashing their teeth and wailing about Aphex's similar internet hermitude - he doesn't really have an official site, barring the DrukQs mini site...

just for the record, i have no problem with BoC or their silence, etc.

just with everybody here wanking and crying about them all the time.

Same.

agreed, but what's also frustrating is people speaking for them when it's clear that noone can and noone knows what they're doing or thinking.

'boc only knows' is the only credible answer to rhombix's question.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you possibly deny that there is an intentional effort, on behalf of either MDG, Warp, or the brothers themselves to give as little information as possible when making online statements, and to maintain a character that is defined by an aurora of mystery?

Because that counts as fucking with your fans, especially when they're desperate for news/material (and very obviously so).

Trust me, they have little time and much better things to devote themselves to than worry about promoting themselves online and keeping fans up to date with the latest happenings. It's not that they don't care, it's just their focus is on the music and their lives, not the public image of the band and it's relationship with the fans.

Unfortunately for fans, Boards are probably one of the most internet-phobic groups out there, so expecting them to behave like most bands today is an exercise in frustration. The last thing Boards would do is intentionally tease fans.

It's funny though - nobody's gnashing their teeth and wailing about Aphex's similar internet hermitude - he doesn't really have an official site, barring the DrukQs mini site...

Same.

agreed, but what's also frustrating is people speaking for them when it's clear that noone can and noone knows what they're doing or thinking.

Are you frustrated that I take it upon myself to try and be a voice of reason and take a few bullets for my favourite band, or frustrated that mdg (who can and does speak for the band) keeps mum in the majority of these conversations (probably because he knows better than I do when he's pissing against the wind)?

Same.

Are you frustrated that I take it upon myself to try and be a voice of reason and take a few bullets for my favourite band, or frustrated that mdg (who can and does speak for the band) keeps mum in the majority of these conversations (probably because he knows better than I do when he's pissing against the wind)?

just like i said...

everything else is hearsay cos they don't tell nobody nuffin... they are aloof and that is fair enough.

all i can think is - joyrex knows something we don't.

He knows nothing, just acts like he does to give him some clout.

Yes, because you know everything I know...

Damnit man, you are worse than BoC, b/c at least they actively do not tell us anything.

Those of us that have been listening to them for over a decade want to know what they are up to.

You seem like you might or might not know.

Thanks for dangling the metaphorical carrot even harder than they are.

I know they have lives.

I know they are not extroverted.

We all just want new music form them and to not be teased by anyone about it.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW JOYREX!!!!!?

I know you know that I don't know what you know but you don't know what I know about you knowing.

I know you know that I don't know what you know but you don't know what I know about you knowing.

asshole1.jpg

just for the record, i have no problem with BoC and their silence, etc. meself.

just with everybody here wanking and crying about them all the time. it's all gone waaaaaay beyond boring now!

okay sirch I believe you,

this is one of the oddest corners of the musical internet, it's like frontier country. As for all the wanking and crying over BoC? never fails to amuse me.

sometimes you have to throw a few ingreidents into the pot to keep things ticking over. Not that I am trolling but I do get a modicum of enjoyment from this place, especially when Joyrex comes wading in to save the day, which is probably the most thankless task on the worldwide web.

Guest sirch

just for the record, i have no problem with BoC and their silence, etc. meself.

just with everybody here wanking and crying about them all the time. it's all gone waaaaaay beyond boring now!

okay sirch I believe you,

this is one of the oddest corners of the musical internet, it's like frontier country. As for all the wanking and crying over BoC? never fails to amuse me.

sometimes you have to throw a few ingreidents into the pot to keep things ticking over. Not that I am trolling but I do get a modicum of enjoyment from this place, especially when Joyrex comes wading in to save the day, which is probably the most thankless task on the worldwide web.

i've got nothing against you personally, beerwolf. it all just bores me and does my head in sometimes when people go on and on and say all the same things and ask all the same questions about BoC all the time, over and over and over and over.

there are just no more ingredients to throw into the pot or any pot anymore, cos there's nothing going on!

:shrug:

Guest sirch

yeah I come on here for a late night laugh. it is a bit sad here in sub-forum boc tbh

I should take your advice and find summat else to do lol

i'm not telling you to do something else dude... do what you want. late night laughs are fine, imo. ;)

but people asking/saying/moaning/whining/bitching/crying the same shit week in week out is nuts.

do people have nothing else going on in their lives apart from waiting for a new BoC album or wanting to know what they're doing?? lol :crazy:

Maybe the bros are going to personally press every vinyl and cd disc, to make sure it meets their quality.

lol

handmade hexagon*

*accuracy of hexagon-ness may vary

Archived