IGNORED

newcleardawn.com registered to hex sun

Alzado

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One has to pay for the results of a proper reverse whois lookup in order for example to see which actual domain names have been registered to Hexagon Sun. That's the way how the newcleardawn popped up on the internet. Some user paid to have the info revealed and then publically disclosed it.

This honestly isn't true by the way, it's a public record unless the registrant asks for the information to be kept private. As they're using 1&1 it's just a click away but they've clearly decided it's OK - especially as it just points to their PO BOX address that they used to bundle with their earlier releases anyway.

Luckily the domains I registered myself using 1&1's services were completely unpopular outside of my friends as I didn't realise I had my full contact details (name, address, phone number, email) on public display on WHOIS for about 6 months :emb:

sweet, the site imagery is hilariously arranged. c'mon this is so perfect, it has to be related to the sandisons. i agree with what fredd-e mentioned, that they're misleading us for the time being... it seems kind of obvious? with the a-bomb banner on their warp page and all...

One has to pay for the results of a proper reverse whois lookup in order for example to see which actual domain names have been registered to Hexagon Sun. That's the way how the newcleardawn popped up on the internet. Some user paid to have the info revealed and then publically disclosed it.

This honestly isn't true by the way, it's a public record unless the registrant asks for the information to be kept private. As they're using 1&1 it's just a click away but they've clearly decided it's OK - especially as it just points to their PO BOX address that they used to bundle with their earlier releases anyway.

Luckily the domains I registered myself using 1&1's services were completely unpopular outside of my friends as I didn't realise I had my full contact details (name, address, phone number, email) on public display on WHOIS for about 6 months :emb:

I think we're having a slight misunderstanding here. I'm not talking about the public whois information of their domains. Obviously that's easy to obtain and has been public knowledge for a loooong time.

I'm talking about a reverse whois search on their PO Box. To see which other domains have been registered by the same PO Box that registered for instance music70.com and that is in fact information only to be obtained by payment.

See for yourself: reverse whois of PO BOX 28607

There are a lot of sites providing this kind of reverse lookup but none are free.

--> nLirI.jpg

I think we're having a slight misunderstanding here. I'm not talking about the public whois information of their domains. Obviously that's easy to obtain and has been public knowledge for a loooong time.

Oooh we definitely were, I had no idea about that technique you mentioned.... Apologies man :blush:

Oooh we definitely were, I had no idea about that technique you mentioned.... Apologies man :blush:

no worries! :beer:

I'm talking about a reverse whois search on their PO Box. To see which other domains have been registered by the same PO Box that registered for instance music70.com and that is in fact information only to be obtained by payment.

There are a lot of sites providing this kind of reverse lookup but none are free.

--> nLirI.jpg

just because you have to pay to get access to the information, doesn't make that information 'non-public'. By proxy of the fact that anyone can pay to get this information, the information is available to the public. If it weren't available to the public, then it wouldn't be available to the public, quite simply.

That's my view on it all, anyway.

--> nLirI.jpg

just because you have to pay to get access to the information, doesn't make that information 'non-public'. By proxy of the fact that anyone can pay to get this information, the information is available to the public. If it weren't available to the public, then it wouldn't be available to the public, quite simply.

There are rules regarding misuse of the information though... just because it's publicly available doesn't give anyone the right to use that information to expose personal data or details about a person.

--> nLirI.jpg

There are rules regarding misuse of the information though... just because it's publicly available doesn't give anyone the right to use that information to expose personal data or details about a person.

Do you have a link to these rules?

edit: found em

Guest sirch

It's still kinda cool for those of us that like our BoC with sinister undertones. I can picture a nuclear/conspiracy backdrop being way, way cool.

I'll second that.

yeah cos sinister Nuclear-stuff are way cool.

Guest sirch

There's no way that website isn't related to boc. Fucking pyramids, owls and handshakes. that is just so boc.

lol

when ?

Guest sirch

I want this to mean something good related to BOC. I deserve it. I've been patient.

you deserve nothing. you've been nothing but annoying and desperate.

In 2,000 years people won't be asking "have you found jesus" but I wager the question will be linked to this website through augmented virtual reality and like starving pigs they will pursue computer exploration and ask people along their journey "have you found boc?"

I do not understand how a public website with a weird picture on it has anything to do with privacy.

It's not about the site itself but about the details behind the site that had been revealed publically by means of whois searches. And the fact that the site newcleardawn had been discovered by paying for a reverse whois lookup. Noone would have found out about this site if there hadn't been delved deeply into the matter and paid for the information. That act of research work and the disclosing of that information to the public was said to be a bit of a privacy breach.

I do not understand how a public website with a weird picture on it has anything to do with privacy.

It's not about the site itself but about the details behind the site that had been revealed publically by means of whois searches. And the fact that the site newcleardawn had been discovered by paying for a reverse whois lookup. Noone would have found out about this site if there hadn't been delved deeply into the matter and paid for the information. That act of research work and the disclosing of that information to the public was said to be a bit of a privacy breach.

I would understand if something private leaked by this which was not

if that's the way they see it, they should point the finger at themselves for not taking the proper steps to hide the identity behind the site if that's so important to them. "breach of privacy" implies and in fact means that you have a right to expect that something is and will be kept confidential. it is foolish to expect that publicly available info will be kept confidential. the fact that it costs money to do the search is irrelevant. it costs money to access property records, court records, corporate filings, etc., but all of that information is publicly available to anyone who knows how to look for it. this is no different. and this information, in the grand scheme of things, is nowhere near as sensitive as the other types of info available to the public. so if the words "breach of privacy" actually came from them, that's pretty silly.

and let's face it, they create this mad rush for even the smallest bit of info themselves. if they weren't so intent on being so mysterious and secretive about everything, people would have less reason to search for the smallest tidbit.

it is foolish to expect that publicly available info will be kept confidential.

And it is foolish for anyone to not respect how they might feel about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about things. What might feel to me as an invasion of my own privacy might be laughable to you and vice versa.

Thing is:

1) one user delves 'deep' - pays for some (public) information which is not publically visible by default

2) discloses said (public) information on a public messageboard

3) the owner of that site wasn't too fond of it, didn't think it might happen due to naivety perhaps or just a bit illiterate on the matter, doesn't matter really.. he didn't expect it to happen is what counts

4) he kindly asks the discloser to stop doing it and remove the posts because in fact it hasn't got anything to do with boc at all

5) said discloser respects the demand and acts accordingly

And there's nothing more to it really.

Archived