IGNORED

sriracha appreciation thread

kaini

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a simple, kickass summer salad: Corn cobs, briely boiled & kerneled, plus a bit of mayo and sriracha, sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro. This could be decadent with scallion, crab and a dollop of sesame oil. Or you could go red peppers, black beans, chili powder and lime juice. Or you could do bacon, julienned collards, Worcestershire and honey with maybe some chopped cabbage. Or you could make a spinach-artichoke corn dip out of it. The possibilities are fuckin' endless.

Shoving corn.

Edit: Always add salt of course!

i ate a whole pizza with liberal amounts of sriracha last night and my ass is paying the price today.

that salad sounds like it would be amazing with crab.

i ate a whole pizza with liberal amounts of sriracha last night and my ass is paying the price today.

Same, except it was some kind of macaroni, beef, and tomato concoction.

home made ham & cheese "hot pockets"

This sounds pretty great. Got a recipe?

Guest Ron Manager

Whoever was asking about UK sources for Flying Goose Sriracha, I get mine from a huge Tesco Extra (in Dundee as it were). And whoever recommended that chipotle mustard, that looks fucking awesome, I need to track some down.

Haven't really read thread but thought I'd see if there was any love for the following:

Tabasco-large.jpg

Tabasco Chipotle: quite possibly my favourite hot sauce. It's the one I keep coming back to and that I seem to put on everything. I also rate Tabasco Habanero and Jalapeno ("mild").

18058.jpg

Cottage Delight Jalapeno: a good option for Brits (don't know if it's available Stateside). Not incredibly spicy but I find it very flavourful, especially on pizza.

D7689375.jpg

Cholula: not much to say, just a good, simple sauce from Mexico.

4.jpg

Encona creole: again, UKers will have to go out of their way to find it (it's in the import section of my nearest Tesco Extra), but this is delicious. Standard Encona West Indian isn't bad, but bottles of this never last me long. Great with any kind of stir fry.

Guest Ron Manager

Y'all are dumb nigs for even mentioning other sauces in this thread.

Yeah, I did wonder if it'd be blasphemous, but then it did seem a bit silly to start a 'non-sriracha chilli sauce thread'.

A sauce that definitely deserves some love here is harissa -- more garlicky, lemony and herbaceous than sriracha, it's its hotter older sister.

Edit: Appreciate that consummate fucking use of "it's"!

I was at a Caribbean restaurant yesterday afternoon that served Matouk's Calypso Sauce. I've heard spicy foods can release endorphins, but this is the first time I've experienced endorphin head rushes from eating something. I had to stop mid conversation a few times during the meal because the rush was so intense. I felt high. Anyhow, this was the culprit that caused it:

matouk_calypso.jpg

May cause endorphin head rush.

home made ham & cheese "hot pockets"

This sounds pretty great. Got a recipe?

whoops just saw this post! My gf found the recipe, I just helped make it -- there are lots of recipes out there if you google "homemade hot pockets" though, and you can pretty much fill them with whatever the hell you want. We just started simple.

A few days ago we decided to make a batch of breakfast burritos that could be put in the freezer and microwaved as we want them. They are ridiculously tasty (egg, sausage, hashbrowns, onion and cheese in them) and sriracha only makes them more heavenly. Essential, Must Have Breakfast, Highly Recommended, Breakfast of the Week, Best New Breakfast 2012. Not even exaggerating.

Archived