IGNORED

japanese artist removes, cooks & serves own genitals

keltoi

um, thanks. :emb:

it went round 5 diners though so can't have been that small.

it was served with mushroom garnish....I have a feeling that this was a very Freudian choice of presentation.

Police in Tokyo said they knew of the episode, but added that it had not broken the law as cannibalism was not illegal in Japan.

You learn something new every day.

yeah, someone told me about it at work, and the fact cannibalism wasn't outlawed amazed me.

Although, it would possibly make sense, Eastern value systems in some ways hold certain things as innate truths, that don't need to be spelled out, and when these things are suddenly violated it creates this weird panic where people don't quite understand the impact it will have on successive generations. I remember talking to my friend in Seoul about that policeman that went on a shooting spree in the 80s i think?, and there was a complete disconnect from the events and the impact these events would have. Like the policemen's acts themselves were distinctly unnatural and nonexistent in her universe. Fascinating conversation...although this might very well be me outing some sort of subconscious racism or putting her in this "other" box.

I have to be honest though, and say while the act is ridiculous, the artistic freedom allowed this person is respectable. He didn't harm anyone, everyone was a willing participant, there was no criminal act, and it was not only tolerated, but members of society jumped in to celebrate it in some form. Now whether they celebrated out of respect for his "artistic statement" or to satiate some need to consume man penis is another story, but the fact it exists makes me smile. Maybe Im fucked up.

Guest disparaissant

Could/would a vegetarian eat this?

hey i mean it's a body part that was removed consensually and is literally being served by the thing it came from

i don't see where the ethical objection could possibly lie

i'd try it i mean its not often you get to try rocky mountain human oysters

should have put em in a slapchop though

you're gonna love my nuts!

Diners paid 20,000 yen ($250) for the plate with a portion of genitals. Pictures published on a website appeared to show the meal came complete with mushrooms and a parsley garnish.

Shit, if I'm paying $250 I better get a bottle of merlot, too.

Guest ruiagnelo

this man can longer claim to have balls to do this or that, which is where the true masculinity lies

Archived