IGNORED

All of Frankie 5's music

Guest Frankie5fingers

Guest Frankie5fingers

Well, i just released a Preview Track for my Bass album! This is a ROUGH CUT. so the Bass hasnt been EQed, no effects have been used, and there are no other instruments yet.

i know that i don't get many comments from others, but please tell me what you think. i really would like to hear feedback on this from others, musician or not. Do you like where its going, any song that sound awful compared to the rest, is the progression of the album good or too jolting from song to song? even general comments of you like or hate it. all is welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/bass-guitar-album-preview

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, i just released a Preview Track for my Bass album! This is a ROUGH CUT. so the Bass hasnt been EQed, no effects have been used, and there are no other instruments yet.

i know that i don't get many comments from others, but please tell me what you think. i really would like to hear feedback on this from others, musician or not. Do you like where its going, any song that sound awful compared to the rest, is the progression of the album good or too jolting from song to song? even general comments of you like or hate it. all is welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/bass-guitar-album-preview

I don't have much feedback other than I like it.

I'm a sucker for bass guitar in almost any form.

Whens the full release out?

Guest Frankie5fingers
I don't have much feedback other than I like it.

I'm a sucker for bass guitar in almost any form.

Whens the full release out?

Thanks. and im shooting for late spring early Summer. i basically have all the song ideas made. just gotta finish a couple of the songs, make some changes and stuff like that. which is what i believe will take most my time. but once thats done ill be able to add the other instruments which will be easy.

• 4 months later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

Love the new ambient track Frankie. Really good stuff.

thanks man. i think the several months off from music making really helped.

This is some very sunny ambient music. The ending could've gone on for a little longer though. That'd have been nice.

see, i wanted to make the ending longer but i think if i did that it would ruin the feeling of wanting the song to continue. i wanted to leave you wanting more and apparently it worked. :wink:

thanks guys :beer:

• 1 month later...
Guest Frankie5fingers

im trying to create some headbangers now and this is totally new territory for me. so tell me, if a dj started playing this would any of ya start dancing to it?

http://soundcloud.com/bewegungrecords/new-alias-track/s-rStCb

im already thinking about changing the lead. it sounds so bland to me.

Edit: hm, soundclouds being a bitch for private tracks. but the link works.

Sounds video game-y. If that's what you were going for, I'd say you succeeded.

But.. That high pitched synth (0:48 and 1:26, for example) doesn't really fit the other sounds at all. It's too thin sounding. And high pitched. Maybe you could lower it an octave or so and add reverb, but I'd probably just remove it. There's already more than enough going on. The lead could probably also use a bit of adjusting, as you said yourself. Doesn't really fit in with the arp-synth and stuff.

That's just how I hear it though. If you think it works, it probably does.

Guest Frankie5fingers

thanks man. i think im gonna scrap that synth and do a major rework on this. im thinking of turning this into Squarepusher type track. maybe even put some bass playing in there too.

The production is great, but I agree with most of what FriendlyFoil has said. Also, I think there's too much happening and it gets a bit too proggressive-synth-jam-like for my taste. And yeah, you should definitely add a proper sub bass to compliment the synths... if you decide to keep them, that is.

Archived