IGNORED

New Glomewav tracks

glomewav

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently overhauled my main rig. I've been working through headphones since I started which made for a crap shoot on mixing. Main rig used to be a Roland MC-707, SH-01A, JP-08, TB-03, occasional Model D / Volca Bass. My new Rig is just an Analog RYTM / Four MKII + monitors and a Tascam Model 24. Still learning the Elektron ropes, bit of a learning curve. But coming along and couldn't be happier with the tones these things produce.

New Track / New Gear:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Cool chords. And I love the key change at around 1:17. It'll be interesting to hear where you take this, plus some mixing.

Thanks. Honestly a proper mix with these analog elektrons has been the biggest challenge for me. With the Roland MC-707 as my hub outside of a little simple gain staging it was automagic. Some of these analog tones are unruly as hell! Getting there though!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waistoid - Nice gradual build up on the intro with the arpeggios. I love that BOCish melancholy that the chords have.

Sinope Beacon - I like how the sample says “come on, steady” while the groove takes a strangely funky walk. 

Disorial - A great melody line on this one the way, especially the way it runs upwards with the sparkling delays.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:51 AM, webby said:

Waistoid - Nice gradual build up on the intro with the arpeggios. I love that BOCish melancholy that the chords have.

Sinope Beacon - I like how the sample says “come on, steady” while the groove takes a strangely funky walk. 

Disorial - A great melody line on this one the way, especially the way it runs upwards with the sparkling delays.

Appreciate the feedback and thanks for the listens!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LP is out. Consists of music produced a year ago. Mostly used Poly2 for sequencing with the MC-707 as the primary sound module. Some other things here and there. Hopefully I've shown some growth since my last release.

All relevant links:

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2zVo5A...

Apple Music: https://open.spotify.com/album/2zVo5A...

Youtube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLA...

Be happy to nerd it up here with you guys if you have any questions or criticisms. This selection of works spans late 2020-early 2021 on a variety of instruments and workflows resulting in some less than perfect mastering in addition to general laziness on my part. But ultimately it is a selection of choice tracks from around 30 that were done with the same sort of intention.

Edited by glomewav
additional info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I really dig the track "Melt" off your new LP. Feels like a cool mix between BoC, Autechre, and idk, Kraftwerk? I listened to some of your older stuff too and I can def hear progress. Keep it up!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been resituating my studio a bit. Finally went ahead and got ableton just to have more tools in the toolbox even if I prefer sequencing on my hardware. Here's a little cover of Board of Canada's Sixtyniner using most of my hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...