IGNORED

New Glomewav tracks

glomewav

Oh and here's a year long chronography of what I've been up to. When my free space on soundcloud fills up I release LPs through distrokid. Hopefully they show a proficiency and progression.

Hopefully this isn't viewed as spam or anything. I'm not trying to make it as an artist. I just have a genuine need to produce music I enjoy listening to and with our only child on her way to college I find I really enjoy doing this in my free time more so than anything else.

This was my first real cumulative effort to kind of make a cohesive piece. I's not perfect. I think my mixing and programming has certainly gotten better over time. I'd say it's the most experimental:

The rest of the releases moving forward are just a sort of chronological progression of the choice tracks that have come out of me since. Hard to believe this all started with me buying a Behringer Model D because I wanted to learn subtractive synthesis and it's ballooned since leading to some mild GAS.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, glomewav said:

Newest track. Hard to describe. Weird step lengths. Chill little guy.

nice one! one more track to remind me I don't necessarily need to push myself and design my own sounds to create something good.

23 hours ago, lapdog said:

nice one! one more track to remind me I don't necessarily need to push myself and design my own sounds to create something good.

Lately I've found I've been getting more done on just my MC-707 in conjunction with a dash of some generative midi tools on the ipad and FX. I rarely get anything done at pure sound design and envy those who have the patience to do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glomewav said:

Lately I've found I've been getting more done on just my MC-707 in conjunction with a dash of some generative midi tools on the ipad and FX. I rarely get anything done at pure sound design and envy those who have the patience to do it. 

I'm actually selling my Nord Modular now. I bought it knowing I can make whatever I want with it, and still think it's a monster capable of anything you imagine. But the workflow just didn't work for me (even though I'm a sound designer by profession.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been working on whittling down the 20 ambient tracks above to something more concise. LP or EP. Maybe 5-7 of the tracks are keepers. Any feedback on that effort is appreciated.

While I'm stepping away from those tracks for a bit I had to up the tempo and do something a bit different. Here it is. Breakbeats and Falcor. Two of my favorite things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, glomewav said:

I've been working hard on a batch of tracks that utilize polyrhythms extensively. This one has a lot of granular going on too.

This is really cool, beautiful atmospheric pads and stuff... the polyrhythmic timing is really interesting, every now and again it takes a second for my brain to register exactly what's going on, but at the same time it's still pretty smooth (it's easy for stuff like polyrhythm to be purely academic and hence barely listenable).

I WAS gonna say that it's a touch too long, when I listened to it this morning, I kinda zoned out after a while. But listening to it a second time, I feel like there's enough going on to keep it engaging. Interested to hear more of this batch...

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, springymajig said:

it's easy for stuff like polyrhythm to be purely academic and hence barely listenable.

You're not kidding. It's really hit or miss trying to make something musical when stacking so many time signatures at the same time. And I also agree. It's a bit too long. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glomewav said:

Made a song and video. Learning Mandelbulber

Really dig this one and the last one.

Just out of curiosity, do you create your own soundcloud art? It's really cool

22 hours ago, willochill said:

Really dig this one and the last one.

Just out of curiosity, do you create your own soundcloud art? It's really cool

Thanks! Yes I do. And as of this week I am learning to animate fractals also. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...