IGNORED

young men with beards

luke viia

Guest zaphod

i have the unfortunate luck of mixed eurasian genes. what hybrid vigor brings to the table in chiseled features, long life and extremely high intelligence, it takes away in the facial hair department. i look like toshiro mifune's down syndrome afflicted nephew when i try to grow a beard. so i encourage anyone who can grow one to do so.

also, lol

riker-beard-star-trek.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine, make this difficult.

Very simple decision imo.

Can grow full beard=should grow beard.

slight edit.

i have the unfortunate luck of mixed eurasian genes. what hybrid vigor brings to the table in chiseled features, long life and extremely high intelligence, it takes away in the facial hair department. i look like toshiro mifune's down syndrome afflicted nephew when i try to grow a beard. so i encourage anyone who can grow one to do so.

pssh fuck that zaph. lemme call up my man Panard and get him to send you some shit. you be lookin like crazy Yojimbo Jones in three weeks.

lol. I will definitely concede that heavy-set dudes look better with beards. When I made this thread, I had young men like myself in mind (because narcissism), and I'm a skinny punk. Bad beard material. I see a lot of dudes like myself trying out beards, and it just doesn't work IMO.

Do you think a beard says anything besides "I am a fat-faced man-boy and look better this way"? Or is that the main message?

It also means they can do some rough shit if they have to/they "get shit done", or they are unecessarily-intellectual elitist assholes. Im guessing I probably lean towards the latter,

or it could just simply be a instinctual human recognition of having achieved manhood. I dunno how well that would work though, as women seem to be more attracted overall to men that look slightly androgynous (i think that study was posted here a long time ago?)

Move over my way, we will hit the gym and you will let the lip-locks grow. Then Big Red man will be sure to compliment you.

edit: I think quite simply a full, beautiful beard suggests that the wearer is of a "hearty constitution". Take that how you will.

Smetty, I tore down houses with my hands for three years (deconstruction). Only one of the dudes on the crew had a beard - it was a rotating crew - and his beard was mostly out of laziness. We were, admittedly, a group of hippies, but that shit was harder work than most body-builders go through. The "instinctual human recognition of manhood" seems like a decent argument, at least among men, and is part of the reason I refuse to grow a beard at the moment. I have in no way achieved manhood, aside from being an age when some people consider themselves men (wrongly, imo).

We I said can

wat

I'm a big manly motherfucker but I can't grow facial hair to save my life. I had a Van Dyke last year, but that was after like 2 weeks of growth. I think some of these little slight-framed guys grow them and wear flannel shirts to try and look manly but to me manly is something you are, not something you have growing on your face.

Guest zaphod

I find there is a high correlation between being young + drinking (or brewing) microbrews and having a beard. Why?

you're really over thinking the beard thing.

I have grown my first beard ever and I am 30. Never had any sort of facial hair contraption in my life, unless you count a stubble of varying lengths from not shaving for a couple days. I do not grow a good beard and being blonde, it's light and does not cover well as a dark beard would. I am not going to cut it or groom it in the foreseeable future, I am going for the crazed person living in the woods look, because I don't give a shit. OK, I've shortened the mustache because it was getting in the way of my mouth.

I find there is a high correlation between being young + drinking (or brewing) microbrews and having a beard. Why?

you're really over thinking the beard thing.

yes i am. didn't have to think too hard to notice the beerd phenomenon though.

Didn't read most of these posts, but I felt inclined to say that little girls lets say in the 17-20 yr old range have a daddy complex over 20 something dudes with beards. A want-to-have-freaky-drunk-sex-with-daddy complex. That is all.

Didn't read most of these posts, but I felt inclined to say that little girls lets say in the 17-20 yr old range have a daddy complex over 20 something dudes with beards. A want-to-have-freaky-drunk-sex-with-daddy complex. That is all.

this is technically not a bad thing.

I enjoy beards in the winter more, sometimes I will let it grow too much, to which I concede it doesn't look good, patchy in this one area, rendering a longer beard not normal looking. However I definitely do not shave, because my facial hair does grow fast and I don't enjoy the feeling after a shave. So 90% of the year I will probably use an electric razor every third day, keeping my facial hair at stubble most of the time. I don't see any of it as a statement, more or less I find my method to be reasonable. Facial hair is natural, same as fingernails growing or semen buildup, cutting your nails everyday or jerking off everyday is fine, but its really not necessary.

If that's your thing, I will confirm that even sans beard, it's not too hard to have freaky-drunk-sex with 17-20 year old girls.

@soma, smetty

If that's your thing, I will confirm that even sans beard, it's not too hard to have freaky-drunk-sex with 17-20 year old girls.

@soma, smetty

technically not a bad thing.

technically.

I enjoy beards in the winter more, sometimes I will let it grow too much, to which I concede it doesn't look good, patchy in this one area, rendering a longer beard not normal looking. However I definitely do not shave, because my facial hair does grow fast and I don't enjoy the feeling after a shave. So 90% of the year I will probably use an electric razor every third day, keeping my facial hair at stubble most of the time. I don't see any of it as a statement, more or less I find my method to be reasonable. Facial hair is natural, same as fingernails growing or semen buildup, cutting your nails everyday or jerking off everyday is fine, but its really not necessary.

Your method does seem reasonable. FTR I let my stubble accumulate to the tip of the itchy phase and then slice it all off as well. Usually two or three days before the razor's on me again.

It is indeed natural to grow face-hairs, hope I didn't appear as if I was claiming it's unnatural. There are, of course, plenty of natural things that are not worth doing, and I think that, for me, a beard's in that category.

Well I said can

wat

I'm a big manly motherfucker but I can't grow facial hair to save my life. I had a Van Dyke last year, but that was after like 2 weeks of growth. I think some of these little slight-framed guys grow them and wear flannel shirts to try and look manly but to me manly is something you are, not something you have growing on your face.

That

i have the unfortunate luck of mixed eurasian genes. what hybrid vigor brings to the table in chiseled features, long life and extremely high intelligence, it takes away in the facial hair department. i look like toshiro mifune's down syndrome afflicted nephew when i try to grow a beard.

lol

Well I said can

wat

That

is incorrect.

I think he's right. Manliness doesn't grow on your face. Women believe it does, because women do not possess manliness, and only see its various superficial effects on the body. Any bearded person who calls maintenance to fix a leak, or who pays another man to take care of his finances, is not a man indeed.

Archived