IGNORED

young men with beards

luke viia

**cries**

in your defense, that douchebag is out of the scope of this thread, as that's not really a beard, just hair on a douchebag.

and let it be known that i am not talking about ANY facial hair on young men here, just full beards. that's what I think looks weird and seems like an attempt to look older/wiser/cultured/whatever when it fact it just looks like hair that your girlfriend told you to grow.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not a "formal business beard," I guess it might. Neckbeards are more IDM than manly, though, and I don't think women are too fond of them.

young guys should only grow out their beards if it grows nice and thick. if it looks like ratty pube patches... well, i'm just gonna say that people judge based on things like that.

That's why I grew mine -- it was a gift from God, so I had to oblige! (essiness can back me up on this one ... :snares: )

young guys should only grow out their beards if it grows nice and thick. if it looks like ratty pube patches... well, i'm just gonna say that people judge based on things like that.

Yeah, this is why I gave up on mine. While it wasn't quite in ratty pube patch territory, it wasn't that thick, and it was like 5 different colors so I decided it just looked kinda weak and bailed on it.

Guest theSun

i only grow where it is thick and sexy (this is my catch phrase)

which is why i grew out 2 "spikes" from my chin in high school.... i would have beat me if i was my dad

yes

the people who try to grow beards with ratpube genes are the ones making an actual statement. that statement is: I'm fucking lazy and you should not allow me to pass my genetic material on to the next generation

Fuck that shit.

Im not 30 and I have rocked a beard for about 5 years now. The ladies say I look damn manly, combine this with the fact that im doing heavy lifting at a manufacturing job 20 hours a week wearing steel toed boots, flannel, and my gorgeous beard makes every female in the business wet themselves.

Are beards an accessory? No. They are the accessory.

Don't feel bad if it doesn't look good on you though. Some people just can't grow a decent beard, and I usually find that those men look better without beards than with them.

Me without a beard? I look like a chubby-cheeked 12 year old. With a beard? I might as well be Paul Bunyan, Zeus, and Gerard Butler amalgamated into a supersex mold of testosterone and airbourne panty moistener.

to all of my brothers with fine combed beards:

[youtubehd]yr6oVokUne0[/youtubehd]

As I had suspected: beards are an attractive accessory for the fat-faced man-boy.

I kid, you're the kind of guy that could and probably should have a beard, smetty. Even your name deserves a beard.

I run around with ugly patches half of the time and the people that matter don't seem to care. I'm not going to shave every other day for others' shitty fashion sense.

As I had suspected: beards are an attractive accessory for the fat-faced man-boy.

I kid, you're the kind of guy that could and probably should have a beard, smetty. Even your name deserves a beard.

it really is true though. got a fat face? grow a beard and watch your dick get hard when you look in the mirror. Narcissism has never been so hairy.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i've been able to grow facial hair since i was like 13. (not bragging. it was more irritating if anything) i never understood the whole beard concept. especially nowadays when only a few people can grow em. i don't like em, but if i did it i'd go full beard. nothing short of that. i'd actually like to see more people doin the old school 19th century beards. those things are the real deal.

Indeed, essines is an exception, but I think we would be in the wrong if we encouraged all young men to be essines. It just isn't possible.

not all men look good with beards. Im not saying they are lesser human beings, just that they will probably never experience the thrill of a bristle buddy actin as your full-time wingman.

Guest Frankie5fingers

not all men look good with beards. Im not saying they are lesser human beings, just that they will probably never experience the thrill of a bristle buddy actin as your full-time wingman.

probably one of the best quotes about a beard ever. lol

People do complement you on your beard when you have a nice one. Realistically you do need to groom it, unless you're going for that woodland dweller look. Unfortunately its mostly men that complement you, if you get a women that complements your beard you know she's wants to fuck (you or your beard)

lol. I will definitely concede that heavy-set dudes look better with beards. When I made this thread, I had young men like myself in mind (because narcissism), and I'm a skinny punk. Bad beard material. I see a lot of dudes like myself trying out beards, and it just doesn't work IMO.

Do you think a beard says anything besides "I am a fat-faced man-boy and look better this way"? Or is that the main message?

lol. I will definitely concede that heavy-set dudes look better with beards. When I made this thread, I had young men like myself in mind (because narcissism), and I'm a skinny punk. Bad beard material. I see a lot of dudes like myself trying out beards, and it just doesn't work IMO.

Do you think a beard says anything besides "I am a fat-faced man-boy and look better this way"? Or is that the main message?

It also means they can do some rough shit if they have to/they "get shit done", or they are unecessarily-intellectual elitist assholes. Im guessing I probably lean towards the latter,

or it could just simply be a instinctual human recognition of having achieved manhood. I dunno how well that would work though, as women seem to be more attracted overall to men that look slightly androgynous (i think that study was posted here a long time ago?)

Move over my way, we will hit the gym and you will let the lip-locks grow. Then Big Red man will be sure to compliment you.

edit: I think quite simply a full, beautiful beard suggests that the wearer is of a "hearty constitution". Take that how you will.

Archived