IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

Guest Ricky Downtown

junJh.gif

damn, i would hate to have a gif of my ass jiggling all over the internet. reveals how many view women athletes. i think she went on to win that sprint too.

also. did anyone catch the finish of the womens bike race. awesome finish by the netherlands girl.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, men objectify women. That's how the world works. It's not a bad thing, it's a human thing. And if they didn't do it, we probably wouldn't breed very often.

Yes, men objectify women. That's how the world works. It's not a bad thing, it's a human thing. And if they didn't do it, we probably wouldn't breed very often.

I actually think it's kinda bad. Not that I don't do it, but that doesn't make it good. I know many girls who have been hurt because they were objectified.

How are we supposed to not stare at that? Many of the female athletes are the pinnacle of fit female figure, perfectly toned. The athleticsm speaks to our subconcious as well, someone that fit could probably fuck pretty well (not trying to be crude, but it's true, think about it). If you're able to watch the entire Olympics and not catch yourself staring at some of the women from time to time... I may have some news for you

davidcross_arresteddevelopment_240_006.jpg

I actually think it's kinda bad. Not that I don't do it, but that doesn't make it good. I know many girls who have been hurt because they were objectified.

It makes girls, who have nothing better to do with their time than illogically bash men using clichéd social platitudes, 'feel' hurt. Of course, like in everything there is a spectrum. So you can drink water and it's vital to life, or you can over hydrate and your cells with explode. So to with male attention, yes. There's innocent and perfectly healthy interest. And then there's deranged stalkers whom mean real physical harm.

So to put it in a yee olde worldee way, They're throwing the baby out with the bath water. And we should ignore the pointless noise.

nbc coverage is rather bad, but the commentators are the worst. i had to turn it off tonight.

they never shut up, for one. and when they do talk, they're dissing on people and making little veiled statements about other countries.

i look at these chinese girls and i start to think they are genuinely superior in every way to the people in my country

the opening ceremony was terrible, the beret uniforms worm by america were insulting

the ceremony would have been better if given better camera work and editing. but i saw it on nbc.

i have to admit that when firestarter and happy mondays played i jumped out of my seat and cheered. that was the only part that roused me, apart from the "forging of the ring" which was rather beautiful

Here they have a schizophrenic way of presenting the sport. Jumping from one thing to another, buffered by copious ad. breaks and pointless panel chats, interviews and recaps of us standing on podiums. I don't think i've been able to watch one event for more than a couple of minutes without them taking us to another event. From something new or to something just finishing that which they infuriatingly took us away from earlier.

On top of that this channel that has the rights to show the event on free to air TV, has it's two digital channels displaying the same feed ! And to think that BBCIVIEW has up to 24 feeds available. Our broadcaster could have done that with their ninemsn site (with inserted ads), and it would have driven traffic to the site for years to come. Business people here are such pointless braindead wallys.

Oh yeah, and all that jingoistic pride as well.

Guest kokeboka

The spanish national football team has been eliminated by honduras - that was unexpected. It was funny to see them converging on the ref after the game, that's usually our specialty :emotawesomepm9: I think brazil is playing great britain in women's football tomorrow, that should be an interesting match.

Also, I realized GB doesn't have any scots or northern irish on their football squad... Which is kinda wrong. Scotland and Northern Ireland wouldn't be allowed to compete to qualify for these olympics because GB would automatically enter as the host nation, the very least they could do is call up a token scottish and a token northern irish players so that britain could be fully represented.

It was a decision by the Scottish and Northern Irish FA's to basically boycott the GB team. They didn't want anything to do with it.

Guest Roksen Creek

Sorry, above was a reply to:

I was talking to my friend last night who watched some american coverage of the opening ceremony - he told me that during the country procession, they did the first three or four countries, cut to commercial and then came back to the US. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, could you imagine the shitstorm the US media would throw if a supposed ally decided to ignore a tribute to 9/11?

This did not happen when I watched it. Did they have a tribute to 9/11? I don't remember one.

There was a tribute to the 7/7 bombing victims or something, bunch of photo's of 'those who could not be with us'.

Shitty iphone

I love how they didn't mention Underworld once during the opening, but Danny Boyle sure got his dick sucked.

Btw - Emerson's mix for the athletes welcome is available online, with an album release on Decca?

Archived