IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

Guest ruiagnelo

why no Pink Floyd among all the musical references, but dizzee rascal making a live performance?

also i was expecting Daniel Radcliffe or emma watson popping up at any moment, so i am relieved now.

it was an excellent opening show. very cinematic. the message this is for everyone seems very appropriate for the times we are living

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why no Pink Floyd among all the musical references, but dizzee rascal making a live performance?

Remember the part with James Bond (don't remember his name) in the helicopter? They flew over the Animals factory, pig included

Guest ruiagnelo

Remember the part with James Bond (don't remember his name) in the helicopter? They flew over the Animals factory, pig included

indeed i remember! but i was expecting a musical reference rather than only a visual!

Guest Gary C

Haha, Pink Floyd as the final song.

Oh no, wait. Couldn't forget that Paul McCartney would show up to take the prize.

Guest ruiagnelo

Eclipse

Fine choice! Wish i could have seen it through to the end. I was actually getting disappointed that there was no music by Pink Floyd during the show...

So the UK has taken the crown from australia for the most crapily stupid cheese filled pointless bullshit opening ceremony.

The flame is quite nice though, pity our broadcast kept showing close up shots of it happening instead of giving us a decent view from further back. They also, completely missed the japanese team. Useless amateurs.

they played fuck buttons

THANK YOU - couldn't place it for the life of me... strange to hear old underworld b-sides blasted out too. Damn my life has changed since i was last listening to them in some sweaty Manchester club somewhere.

Hopefully fuck buttons can advertise as 'opening music from London 2012 Olympic games' now.

Their called F Buttons now, and the advertisements are already out...

https://www.atpfesti...dings/fbuttons/

edit: underworld track was rez?!

Archived